Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't know what's worse....

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, April 12, 2016, 02:17:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Auburn's offense or defense. Their spring game is disgusting. They can't even keep from pass blocking downfield in 1s vs. 2s
This is my non-signature signature.

Seebs

You simply do not understand Gus' genius. None of us can.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

I've watched 3 series and they've fumbled twice.

micali

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Seebs on April 12, 2016, 02:22:26 pm
You simply do not understand Gus' genius. None of us can.

He wrote a book...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Vantage 8 dude

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 12, 2016, 03:27:21 pm
Wasn't it called "Keep it simple, stupid" ??? ::)

I think it was called "God Things, Cam Newton Keeps the Ball and Other High Minded Intricacies of Football."

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 12, 2016, 02:17:59 pm
Auburn's offense or defense. Their spring game is disgusting. They can't even keep from pass blocking downfield in 1s vs. 2s

Sounds great to me.....Gus bus, is stuck in reverse.    :D
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

ChitownHawg

The Gus Bus Crew was told to cool their jets and give him time to build a record as a head coach. But no they were sure one year at ASU with another coach's players was enough to proclaim he was one of the top head coaches.

And he may one day become a top head coach - I just don't think it will be at Auburn. He will have to go off lick his wounds and figure out what he screwed up.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

razorbackkid

I work with an Auburn who is equally disgusted.  Makes me smile.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on April 12, 2016, 03:52:07 pm
Sounds great to me.....Gus bus, is stuck in reverse.    :D

3-6 vs. P-5 teams last year. Not so good and yet, they made a bowl. Just shows how desperate they were for bowl teams last season.
Go Hogs Go!

Sed76

Rest assured they will be firing on all cylinders when the Hogs come to town.

ADavisTheGOAT

Sorry Auburn, the magic is gone.  :)
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Sed76 on April 12, 2016, 10:47:07 pm
Rest assured they will be firing on all cylinders when the Hogs come to town.

They will be motivated I expect.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 12, 2016, 11:19:41 pm
They will be motivated I expect.

Does this mean they are going to double or triple the staff dedicated to stealing signals from us?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 12, 2016, 03:36:53 pm
I think it was called "God Things, Cam Newton Keeps the Ball and Other High Minded Intricacies of Football."

Freaking awesome!!  +As many as my computer can handle
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 12, 2016, 02:17:59 pm
Auburn's offense or defense. They can't even keep from pass blocking downfield in 1s vs. 2s

Gus coaches them TO pass block downfield -- that's half their offense!!

I guess Gus screwed up and didn't hire SEC officials to do his spring game.

The_Iceman

Frank Broyles was right, you can't run his offense without a great mobile/running QB.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 13, 2016, 08:15:25 am
Frank Broyles was right, you can't run his offense without a great mobile/running QB.

I don't know about can't but he has not been successful at this level without one.

hoghevn

What I don't understand is why ESPN, the SEC Network and ALL other sports prognosticators have them near or at the top of the SEC West and overall SEC. 

While we're as usual listed as a bottom-feeder (like this year) ----  Which actually makes me glad, it just seems to be a motivator and mostly proves them wrong.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

smb

Quote from: hoghevn on April 13, 2016, 08:41:52 am
What I don't understand is why ESPN, the SEC Network and ALL other sports prognosticators have them near or at the top of the SEC West and overall SEC. 

While we're as usual listed as a bottom-feeder (like this year) ----  Which actually makes me glad, it just seems to be a motivator and mostly proves them wrong.
Very good point!
GeorgiaHOG

rhames

Their schedule and what they return.

And I really haven't seen anyone pick them above Lsu or Alabama yet

Spring games mean nothing.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

KlubhouseKonnected

Honestly I am glad we are picked low, our team is going to have a tough enough time this season without any additional pressure.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 13, 2016, 08:06:23 am
Freaking awesome!!  +As many as my computer can handle

Thank you sir.

bigdaddyhawg

I think we've seen Gus' offense isn't all that special unless you have a QB who is a true dual threat, passing and running.

AirWarren

Gus bus still running on flats I see.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 13, 2016, 10:50:03 am
I think we've seen Gus' offense isn't all that special unless you have a QB who is a true dual threat, passing and running.

Gus's offense is special when it's ran by special players. It is like most offenses in that way.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 13, 2016, 10:55:24 am
Gus's offense is special when it's ran by special players. It is like most offenses in that way.

I agree except: I do give Gus credit for his ability to produce a stud rushing offense.  IMO that's his forte'.

In the SEC though, you need to be balanced.

I think they're going to struggle this year, even though they have a serious talent level down there.

Großer Kriegschwein

ESPN Article.

Looking back, Malzahn doesn't think he handled much of anything well, including the quarterbacks.

"It wasn't just the quarterback last year," said Malzahn, whose Tigers slipped to ninth in the SEC in both scoring offense and total offense in league games. "I know the quarterback is the focal point and all that. We just didn't execute as a whole, and that falls on me. I tried to be a CEO, and I'm a football coach. I can promise you we'll execute better on offense this year."

Malzahn wasn't necessarily trying to be somebody he wasn't. It was more continuing to evolve in the massive fish bowl that is the SEC, particularly as an SEC head coach with so many people pulling at you from so many different directions.

"When you've got a job like this, there are a lot of different things grabbing at you," Malzahn said. "We also had a new defensive coordinator coming in and putting in a brand new defense. But that's the challenge for all the head coaches in our league, everything that goes with the job. Some are more CEO-driven, and some are more football coach-driven. I'm going to stay true to who I am. I'm a football coach, and I'm going to do a better job this next year."

What a tool.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 14, 2016, 02:44:14 pm
ESPN Article.

Looking back, Malzahn doesn't think he handled much of anything well, including the quarterbacks.

"It wasn't just the quarterback last year," said Malzahn, whose Tigers slipped to ninth in the SEC in both scoring offense and total offense in league games. "I know the quarterback is the focal point and all that. We just didn't execute as a whole, and that falls on me. I tried to be a CEO, and I'm a football coach. I can promise you we'll execute better on offense this year."

Malzahn wasn't necessarily trying to be somebody he wasn't. It was more continuing to evolve in the massive fish bowl that is the SEC, particularly as an SEC head coach with so many people pulling at you from so many different directions.

"When you've got a job like this, there are a lot of different things grabbing at you," Malzahn said. "We also had a new defensive coordinator coming in and putting in a brand new defense. But that's the challenge for all the head coaches in our league, everything that goes with the job. Some are more CEO-driven, and some are more football coach-driven. I'm going to stay true to who I am. I'm a football coach, and I'm going to do a better job this next year."

What a tool.

See guys the problem was that he is just too much of a football coach.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 14, 2016, 02:44:14 pm
ESPN Article.

What a tool.

Well we found out CPP was no CBP when calling plays. If Gus feels this was what was wrong with the offense then he should go back to calling them. Now what is he going to dget with that defense?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Sivad

Seems to be the case.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 14, 2016, 03:48:01 pm
Well we found out CPP was no CBP when calling plays. If Gus feels this was what was wrong with the offense then he should go back to calling them. Now what is he going to dget with that defense?

I did not take that he had given up play calling duty from that article. I know I
His boy Lashlee is the OC but, like Bobby P, I never believed he had actually given over play calling particularly in critical possessions.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 14, 2016, 04:23:14 pm
I did not take that he had given up play calling duty from that article. I know I
His boy Lashlee is the OC but, like Bobby P, I never believed he had actually given over play calling particularly in critical possessions.

If he didn't then he has no excuse and the "I'm going back to being a football coach" is lame. I'm sure confessing not being a CEO is what the big boosters wanted to hear.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 14, 2016, 05:07:48 pm
If he didn't then he has no excuse and the "I'm going back to being a football coach" is lame. I'm sure confessing not being a CEO is what the big boosters wanted to hear.

It's the excuse that gets them to keep their jobs for another year. I'm sure Lashlee doesn't mind taking the blame so they both can stay.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on April 14, 2016, 05:12:21 pm
It's the excuse that gets them to keep their jobs for another year. I'm sure Lashlee doesn't mind taking the blame so they both can stay.

He will gladly do so. He knows Gus can only throw a DC under the bus so many times before the tune must change.

Hog N Bama

Hope we stomp them at Auburn this year. ...AND stay off the elevators! Gusbus is heading to the junk yard IMO.