Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stained Football: What Should I Do?

Started by farfromgroovins, April 12, 2016, 01:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farfromgroovins

My son won an autographed Razorback football several years ago at a youth sport expo. It was awesome when it happened but now when we look at it in its glass case, the stain, smudge, or skid mark that is on it (CBP signature) is nauseating. Give me some ideas what we should do with it.

Burn it?

Bury it?

Turn it around so the stain faces the wall?

Ship it to Louisville with a return address that reads only "Hog Fan"?

Ship it to CBB and ask if he can "clean it up" for him?

Use it as a conversation piece and promote my new book "Explaining Motorcycles and Blondes to Your 10 Year Old Son"?

All reasonable and unreasonable suggestions will be considered.

Cheers!

RazrRila99

Keep it, then buy a new autograph football send to CBB ask him to sign.  Put both on mantle with "from darkness comes light."

DeltaBoy

You can try and clean it with Saddle Soap.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hog.goblin

Quote from: RazrRila99 on April 12, 2016, 02:06:00 pm
Keep it, then buy a new autograph football send to CBB ask him to sign.  Put both on mantle with "from darkness comes light."

The force is strong with this one

/thread

LSUFan

Have Donna Bragg deliver it to CBP and shove it up his nether regions, in my humble opine.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

LSUFan

flynhog

Sell it to a Louisville fan.  Call it "while I was gone" 
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

PorkSoda

All the guy ever did was win games and get lucky with blondes.

truly despicable.  ::)

BP 67% win percentage at arkansas

BB 37%  win percentage at arkansas.

keep hate'n,  but it will be a long time before BB matches what BP did, if ever.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bythelake

BB's wife looks better than the blonde partner in crime.  Does that count?

PorkSoda

Quote from: bythelake on April 12, 2016, 04:40:21 pm
BB's wife looks better than the blonde partner in crime.  Does that count?
he definitely wins that one.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 12, 2016, 04:30:20 pm

keep hate'n,  but it will be a long time before BB matches what BP did, if ever.

So mail it to you?

bennyl08

Keep it. Autographed football from a guy who took us to our only BCS game. If McFadden cheats on whoever he is with, would you suddenly destroy everything McFadden? Don't understand the need to hate previous razorbacks. Whenever CBB leaves, people will be saying the same things about him too.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

FreshHog

Yea and BP's recruiting was totally not going downhill and totally didnt put us into a dumpster fire that bielema has had to drag our dead lifeless hog corpse up out of.

You can " keep hate'n " even though thats not a word as well, but honestly you just sound like another moron who looks at nothing but a w-l column and then tries to compare apples to oranges.

PorkSoda

Quote from: FreshHog on April 12, 2016, 05:42:08 pm
Yea and BP's recruiting was totally not going downhill and totally didnt put us into a dumpster fire that bielema has had to drag our dead lifeless hog corpse up out of.

You can " keep hate'n " even though thats not a word as well, but honestly you just sound like another moron who looks at nothing but a w-l column and then tries to compare apples to oranges.
Get back to me when you become a hogs fan that doesn't revel in bashing players.  I'd love to hear more about how much trey flowers sucked.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Sell it.
If you have allowed some Hogvillians and pop culture antics to blind you to how crucial BP was to our ascent to respect and rebuilding as a program, despite the off-field stuff he was involved in, then you don't deserve the ball.
It deserves a better home as well.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Boardon Hamsay

Funny, I've got a CBP autographed, game used ball from CBP's first SEC win against Auburn. If it wasn't game used, I'd have probably sold it on eBay or burnt it. Then again, I lived next to CBP for a few months when he got here and right before he left. I guess we both had the same moving schedule and used Lindsey for temp housing.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

pigbacon

Quote from: farfromgroovins on April 12, 2016, 01:36:11 pm
My son won an autographed Razorback football several years ago at a youth sport expo. It was awesome when it happened but now when we look at it in its glass case, the stain, smudge, or skid mark that is on it (CBP signature) is nauseating. Give me some ideas what we should do with it.

Burn it?

Bury it?

Turn it around so the stain faces the wall?

Ship it to Louisville with a return address that reads only "Hog Fan"?

Ship it to CBB and ask if he can "clean it up" for him?

Use it as a conversation piece and promote my new book "Explaining Motorcycles and Blondes to Your 10 Year Old Son"?

All reasonable and unreasonable suggestions will be considered.

Cheers!

I just hate nauseating skid marks.

bondhue

I could not wait to watch the hogs play back then.   I loved watching Mallett, Jarius, Childs, Green, Small, Gragg.

They lived up to the hype, they left their mark, they left their memories.  I love that era of hog ball.  Those were some great hogs.  However, firing Face Rash was the right ting to do.  If you don't want the ball I'll give you $50 for it.  PM me.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Arthur pigby sellers.

I've still got a ball autographed by Hootie.  My mom gave it to me and gets mad that I don't have it displayed in my house. At least Bobby P gave us some really good years.

LZH

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on April 13, 2016, 05:02:36 am
I've still got a ball autographed by Hootie.  My mom gave it to me and gets mad that I don't have it displayed in my house. At least Bobby P gave us some really good years.

At a RF dinner auction, I paid $250 for a basketball signed by Stan Heath and his team (whatever year that was). Smart buy...no telling what it's worth today.

Inhogswetrust

April 13, 2016, 06:38:43 am #22 Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 06:56:45 am by Inhogswetrust

I appreciate all the good things that BP did here as far as record wise. However doing some good does not always outweigh the bad. I doubt Coach BB will hire someone he is having an affair with, have a wreck with her on a motorcycle, and then lie about it............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 12, 2016, 05:12:00 pm
Keep it. Autographed football from a guy who took us to our only BCS game. If McFadden cheats on whoever he is with, would you suddenly destroy everything McFadden? Don't understand the need to hate previous razorbacks. Whenever CBB leaves, people will be saying the same things about him too.

Come on Benny you're smarter than that. That depends on what all happens before he leaves now doesn't it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on April 12, 2016, 03:33:59 pm
Have Donna Bragg deliver it to CBP and shove it up his nether regions, in my humble opine.

She would have to text nutty 1,000 times before delivering it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 12, 2016, 06:26:59 pm
Sell it.
If you have allowed some Hogvillians and pop culture antics to blind you to how crucial BP was to our ascent to respect and rebuilding as a program, despite the off-field stuff he was involved in, then you don't deserve the ball.
It deserves a better home as well.

Off the field stuff IS a part of being respected as a person AND program.............................besides we weren't respected by a lot of folks simply by hiring him in the first place. He was already tainted before he ever got here.

LSUFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 13, 2016, 06:45:06 am
Off the field stuff IS a part of being respected as a person AND program.............................besides we weren't respected by a lot of folks simply by hiring him in the first place. He was already tainted before he ever got here.
In all honesty, I think that applies to all but some D1 coaches.

Even to Saban and his bag man.

BPsTheMan

bennyl08

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 13, 2016, 06:40:48 am
Come on Benny you're smarter than that. That depends on what all happens before he leaves now doesn't it.

If he wins 5 natties and rides off into the sunset, sure. Otherwise, hogville has a very prominent track record of bashing old coaches to feel better about the new ones. Look at Pittman. When he was here, he was the best OL coach in the country, we should pay him whatever he asks for. Now that he is gone? He was terrible, he mailed it in, he is to blame for not having enough OL, and so on.

If a coach leaves us for a better position, hogville hates him, we are better off without, etc... If a coach leaves us for anything less than a better position, then he was a terrible coach and we are better off without. In the 5 years I've been on here, I can't think of a single coach that hasn't been bashed after they left. Even Garrick McGee who was a good guy and a coach for us who left for a HC position was suddenly on the hogville blacklist of coaches. Even if a coach is really good and retires, it will said that he should have retires x many years earlier and set the program back by hanging around too long. If he doesn't immediately retire after losing his prime, then it will be said that he left us high and dry and used us as a bank.

Come on, this is hogville. Where the backup qb isn't the favorite player, it's the 3rd or 4th string...
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LSUFan on April 13, 2016, 02:24:28 pm
In all honesty, I think that applies to all but some D1 coaches.

Even to Saban and his bag man.
Saban's bagman is on the level of a chuck norris
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Sivad

Quote from: farfromgroovins on April 12, 2016, 01:36:11 pm
When we look at it in its glass case, the stain, smudge, or skid mark that is on it (CBP signature) is nauseating.
And if it were a Louisville Cardinal CBP signed football it would be worth big bucks. Unlike Nutt signed balls - worthless in all states.

DiamondHogFan

Not going to disagree with CBP winning more games than CBB, but I believe the percentages are a little closer than what you have them as.  And we can probably add 2012 on to CBP just for good times sake because that's the staff he left us with. 

I come up with a BP/Smiley 60% and BB 47%.  Both 2 bowl wins, both 0 SEC championships.

PorkSoda

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 13, 2016, 04:30:00 pm
Not going to disagree with CBP winning more games than CBB, but I believe the percentages are a little closer than what you have them as.  And we can probably add 2012 on to CBP just for good times sake because that's the staff he left us with. 

I come up with a BP/Smiley 60% and BB 47%.  Both 2 bowl wins, both 0 SEC championships.
my bad, typo on BB.  as far as smiley, we would have won a lot more games with BP than smiley, there is no way you can blame that year on recruiting, when coaching, or lack there of, was far and away the primary issue.

anyway, I like BB and understand why BP had to be fired.  but I dont agree that he should be hated.

Long knew what he was doing, and felt the consequences of a few bad seasons was better than having an unethical coach leading the program.

It is what it is, and we are finally coming out the other side.  I'm as excited as ever about next year.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 13, 2016, 02:48:20 pm
If he wins 5 natties and rides off into the sunset, sure. Otherwise, hogville has a very prominent track record of bashing old coaches to feel better about the new ones. Look at Pittman. When he was here, he was the best OL coach in the country, we should pay him whatever he asks for. Now that he is gone? He was terrible, he mailed it in, he is to blame for not having enough OL, and so on.

If a coach leaves us for a better position, hogville hates him, we are better off without, etc... If a coach leaves us for anything less than a better position, then he was a terrible coach and we are better off without. In the 5 years I've been on here, I can't think of a single coach that hasn't been bashed after they left. Even Garrick McGee who was a good guy and a coach for us who left for a HC position was suddenly on the hogville blacklist of coaches. Even if a coach is really good and retires, it will said that he should have retires x many years earlier and set the program back by hanging around too long. If he doesn't immediately retire after losing his prime, then it will be said that he left us high and dry and used us as a bank.

Come on, this is hogville. Where the backup qb isn't the favorite player, it's the 3rd or 4th string...

Some but not all fans carry things to an extreme. They are like a lot of folks in the general population when they rationalize things to make themselves feel better when what they are doing isn't always rational.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: flynhog on April 12, 2016, 04:04:25 pm
Sell it to a Louisville fan. 
Might work.
Louisville loves CBP and just gave him a new 7 year contract worth $4.35 Million per year.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 13, 2016, 04:48:43 pm
my bad, typo on BB.  as far as smiley, we would have won a lot more games with BP than smiley, there is no way you can blame that year on recruiting, when coaching, or lack there of, was far and away the primary issue.

anyway, I like BB and understand why BP had to be fired.  but I dont agree that he should be hated.

Long knew what he was doing, and felt the consequences of a few bad seasons was better than having an unethical coach leading the program.

It is what it is, and we are finally coming out the other side.  I'm as excited as ever about next year.
I'm going to stick with blaming all of 2012 on Petrino.  If he get's credit for the Cotton Bowl win, he gets credit for the following 12 months as well.  He hired those people, they were his responsibility.  I didn't say anything about recruiting...

bennyl08

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 14, 2016, 06:30:43 am
Some but not all fans carry things to an extreme. They are like a lot of folks in the general population when they rationalize things to make themselves feel better when what they are doing isn't always rational.

Completely agree.

ATU HOG

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 14, 2016, 11:14:42 am
I'm going to stick with blaming all of 2012 on Petrino.  If he get's credit for the Cotton Bowl win, he gets credit for the following 12 months as well.  He hired those people, they were his responsibility.  I didn't say anything about recruiting...
So if I'm a principal of a school and I hire 10 teachers and in year 1 all my teacher's students were very successful (grades were good, standardized testing was good, etc.) 

Year 2 I go somewhere else and grades and test scores dropped (mainly because the teachers weren't held accountable with the new principal hired)...so is that my fault or the new guy that was hired?

LSUFan

Quote from: ATU HOG on April 14, 2016, 01:59:39 pm
So if I'm a principal of a school and I hire 10 teachers and in year 1 all my teacher's students were very successful (grades were good, standardized testing was good, etc.) 

Year 2 I go somewhere else and grades and test scores dropped (mainly because the teachers weren't held accountable with the new principal hired)...so is that my fault or the new guy that was hired?
It's George Bush's fault.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: ATU HOG on April 14, 2016, 01:59:39 pm

Yes.

SpaCityHawg

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 13, 2016, 06:45:06 am

Post BP attractiveness as a program and respect > Pre BP

You can proselytize all you want as you wring your hands together and curse him with zealous, righteous glee. 
What he did was wrong.
What he did for the program and the fans' pride was a good thing.
We went from courting Grobe and Bowden to being propositioned by BB.

I still say he doesn't deserve the ball, and it deserves a good home capable of understanding the full picture.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 14, 2016, 07:55:39 pm
Post BP attractiveness as a program and respect > Pre BP

You can proselytize all you want as you wring your hands together and curse him with zealous, righteous glee. 
What he did was wrong.
What he did for the program and the fans' pride was a good thing.
We went from courting Grobe and Bowden to being propositioned by BB.

I still say he doesn't deserve the ball, and it deserves a good home capable of understanding the full picture.

I was for BP while here until things started to leak out and then Boom he blew it. as far as the ball is concerned it was a souvenir. Nothing more, nothing less..............get over it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LSUFan on April 14, 2016, 02:22:44 pm
It's George Bush's fault.

Since you brought politics jokingly into the thread I'll say the OP can sell it to pay his Obamacare higher rate bill.

Draw a picture of Hank Hill saying "Dammit, Bobby!" on it.
Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 15, 2016, 06:52:33 am
Since you brought politics jokingly into the thread I'll say the OP can sell it to pay his Obamacare higher rate bill.

Like I said, all reasonable and unreasonable suggestions will be considered.

It's interesting the type of emotion you get out of some starting a tongue in cheek thread. We are leaving the ball right where it's at. We've joked about sending it to CBB asking for one without a "smudge" and posting it all on one of those Insta-Twitter-Book thingies just to create a conversation like this.

We cheered those Hog teams on just like everyone else and loved seeing them win ballgames.
We were there when Joe Adams returned 'that punt'. On our way home the boy said Adams was just like Super Mario with star power.
We were both in front of the TV when Mallett hit Cobi for that TD against LSU just before halftime. I told my son there were only 2 people in the world that would have called that play.......CBP is one. The other? My son playing NCAA football on the XBox.

BUT!......you have to let your kids know that no matter how good you are at something, it has to be done the right way.

Peace my fellow Hog fans!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 15, 2016, 06:50:26 am
I was for BP while here until things started to leak out and then Boom he blew it. as far as the ball is concerned it was a souvenir. Nothing more, nothing less..............get over it.

Fairly harsh.
To stick with the spirit of your post, it's just a game, and the ball is just leather.  The signature is just symbols made with ink.

Therefore, the entire thread is irrelevant.
His response to me:

farfromgroovins

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: farfromgroovins on April 15, 2016, 12:42:55 pm
I feel so irrelevant now  :'(

Well, you can squarely blame this on Inhogswetrust.
;)
His response to me: