Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB has already taken us somewhere we have never been in the SEC

Started by Bacon_Bitz, April 10, 2016, 08:35:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Gonzo on April 11, 2016, 06:25:26 pm
I did not say the Hogs are not improving. In fact I quite clearly said I like the job he's doing so far, and I hope he has a lot of success as the Hog HC, as I do for every Hog HC.

And in a thread talking about improving you didn't say that he was either. If my response bothered you so much then why didn't you simply say "I agree that his numbers are showing improvement."

Two responses from you - two chances to say he is improving. So I would say you don't think he is improving. Care to clarify and state you think he is improving?  ;)

You see my friend I think you say you like CBB, but for some reason your replies seem to indicate you don't like others to like him.

Go Hogs!
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Gonzo

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 12, 2016, 06:16:59 am
And in a thread talking about improving you didn't say that he was either. If my response bothered you so much then why didn't you simply say "I agree that his numbers are showing improvement."

Two responses from you - two chances to say he is improving. So I would say you don't think he is improving. Care to clarify and state you think he is improving?  ;)

You see my friend I think you say you like CBB, but for some reason your replies seem to indicate you don't like others to like him.

Go Hogs!

Hhmm, so you believe that if one does not overtly espouse a certain view, they clearly support the opposite view. Interesting. There are a ton of other topics in the world I haven't commented on here, I guess you feel you know how I think about those as well.

You really must feel a need for everyone to fall in line with your thinking to get anywhere close to such a conclusion. Once again, my initial point in this discussion was a direct, factual response to an assertion about a coach other than BB. No where did I indicate in the slightest I am not happy with how BB is doing as the Hog HC. In fact, yet again I will say I like how things are going and I hope they get better down the road, as I do with all Hog HC's. If, for whatever reason, you feel that is not supportive or appreciative enough of his performance, that's your issue, not mine.

Go Hogs!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Gonzo on April 12, 2016, 12:19:18 pm
Hhmm, so you believe that if one does not overtly espouse a certain view, they clearly support the opposite view. Interesting. There are a ton of other topics in the world I haven't commented on here, I guess you feel you know how I think about those as well.

You really must feel a need for everyone to fall in line with your thinking to get anywhere close to such a conclusion. Once again, my initial point in this discussion was a direct, factual response to an assertion about a coach other than BB. No where did I indicate in the slightest I am not happy with how BB is doing as the Hog HC. In fact, yet again I will say I like how things are going and I hope they get better down the road, as I do with all Hog HC's. If, for whatever reason, you feel that is not supportive or appreciative enough of his performance, that's your issue, not mine.

Go Hogs!

Hmmm... still not willing to say we are improving. Interesting indeed.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Gonzo

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 12, 2016, 01:46:42 pm
Hmmm... still not willing to say we are improving. Interesting indeed.  ;)

Assume anything you wish, matters not to me, I know what I think about most things, better than those that are not me. An assumption is all you have.

Go Hogs!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Gonzo on April 12, 2016, 03:42:03 pm

Assume anything you wish, matters not to me, I know what I think about most things, better than those that are not me. An assumption is all you have.

Go Hogs!

8)

HotlantaHog

We know the Hogs have made considerable progress under CBB.

We don't really know whether this year is going to be a slight regression, a pause, or a further improvement (given solid recruiting and more players in the system on the one hand and some key losses at QB, TE, etc.) We all hope for improvement, but there is not a long list of new QBs who win a lot of SEC games on the road. We will see.

As for future years, we don't really know what the ceiling is for CBB. IF there is a ceiling. Nutt, who went O for whatever at Ole Miss after leaving, still put Arkansas in the SEC championship game a couple years (though one of those was when Bama was suspended). Anyone with a brain would have to say CBB is a better coach than Nutt, so no reason he couldn't match those accomplishments and top them. Though the SEC is tougher now, obviously.

NaturalStateReb

Bielema has Arkansas competitive.  I'm not really sure that many folks thought he wouldn't. 

I think the big question right now isn't whether Arkansas can keep them close, win or lose.  It's what Bielema's win ceiling is at Arkansas. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: HotlantaHog on April 13, 2016, 10:45:44 am
We know the Hogs have made considerable progress under CBB.

We don't really know whether this year is going to be a slight regression, a pause, or a further improvement (given solid recruiting and more players in the system on the one hand and some key losses at QB, TE, etc.) We all hope for improvement, but there is not a long list of new QBs who win a lot of SEC games on the road. We will see.

As for future years, we don't really know what the ceiling is for CBB. IF there is a ceiling. Nutt, who went O for whatever at Ole Miss after leaving, still put Arkansas in the SEC championship game a couple years (though one of those was when Bama was suspended). Anyone with a brain would have to say CBB is a better coach than Nutt, so no reason he couldn't match those accomplishments and top them. Though the SEC is tougher now, obviously.

True.  Nutt got his trips to Atlanta win Alabama and LSU were struggling.  Might not be long before we're in a post-Les and post-Saban world, though.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Cinco de Hogo

The only thing that put it in n perspective and s whether you win 11 games or 3 games.

If your jumping on someone for not thinking so much of the stat, then you leave yourself open to the ones that will say you don't care if you lose as long as it's not a butt whipping.

11 wins is better than 10 wins most times but if the win total is that close how you win or lose becomes important.  If it's anymore than that it probably only matters in hand garnades!