Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs to host Coastal Carolina next year

Started by ricepig, April 10, 2016, 05:14:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ICEman

...after one or two false starts, I believe we have found our stride.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hogball

Jeff long wants us to pay big bucks to watch that crap!!

ricepig

Quote from: Hogball on April 10, 2016, 07:58:00 pm

So, put you down for playing less home games? And when we do, make sure it's Oregon, USC, or Notre Dame?

Hogball

ricepig

Hogball

Long will dump us and we will never pay the debt.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogball on April 10, 2016, 08:14:00 pm
Long will dump us and we will never pay the debt.

Oh, ok, I didn't realize Long was the reason we could pay the "debt".

Hogball

He is the one who is putting us in debt we can repay so he can show off and get a big job in the Big 10.

Look at the budget numbers!

Hogball

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hogball on April 10, 2016, 08:18:28 pm
He is the one who is putting us in debt we can repay so he can show off and get a big job in the Big 10.

Wow. Another loony. We were short on those.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 10, 2016, 08:20:19 pm
Wow. Another loony. We were short on those.

They do make such convincing arguments.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hogball on April 10, 2016, 08:18:28 pm

You are a confused soul.

Doug

As someone that has already covered Coastal Carolina, in person, I can equivocally state this:

Do NOT... I repeat... Do NOT take Coastal lightly. Their fan base or their teams. Remember The Citadel? If you sleep on Coastal, that Jack Crowe loss back then won't seem as bad.

Coastal has a *very* solid team... and no matter who the coach is... reloads, rather than rebuilds.

Their campus is freakin' gorgeous... their Athletics facilities are on par with some P5 programs (including their baseball park). Add their close proximity to Myrtle Beach and you have a University that is darned easy to recruit for.

As I said, do NOT sleep on these guys... they'll surprise everyone when their CFB programs completes its transition from FCS to FBS. And the Hogs are gonna be getting them in that second year.

Remember Georgia Southern's second FCS to FBS transition year? Yeah... a lot of people do. (Came *very* close to upsetting GA Tech, NC State. Their only blowout loss was against Navy). CCU is more than likely going to be doing the same exact thing.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

ricepig

Quote from: Doug on April 11, 2016, 06:56:25 am
As someone that has already covered Coastal Carolina, in person, I can equivocally state this:

Do NOT... I repeat... Do NOT take Coastal lightly. Their fan base or their teams. Remember The Citadel? If you sleep on Coastal, that Jack Crowe loss back then won't seem as bad.

Coastal has a *very* solid team... and no matter who the coach is... reloads, rather than rebuilds.

Their campus is freakin' gorgeous... their Athletics facilities are on par with some P5 programs (including their baseball park). Add their close proximity to Myrtle Beach and you have a University that is darned easy to recruit for.

As I said, do NOT sleep on these guys... they'll surprise everyone when their CFB programs completes its transition from FCS to FBS. And the Hogs are gonna be getting them in that second year.

Remember Georgia Southern's second FCS to FBS transition year? Yeah... a lot of people do. (Came *very* close to upsetting GA Tech, NC State. Their only blowout loss was against Navy). CCU is more than likely going to be doing the same exact thing.

Pretty sure that will be their first year in FBS.

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/coas-m-footbl-sched.html
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/big-south/coastal-carolina-university/article70927212.html

Doug

Rice, that's what I said. :) Any school moving from FCS to FBS does a two year transition... 1st one is as an FCS school (which will be this upcoming season, 2016-17) and then as an FBS school (2017-18).

When the Hogs face them in 2017, Coastal will be a provisional FBS school (2nd year of transition), and bowl eligible 2018-19. No FCS playoffs in CFB for 1st year, no FBS bowls for 2nd year of the transition.

Which makes them extremely dangerous. They will come out *very* strong in both years.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DeltaBoy

I looked at their campus on line and no crap sherlock that place is rocking and if I was 18 again I would take a hard look at that place.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: Doug on April 11, 2016, 07:49:14 am
Rice, that's what I said. :) Any school moving from FCS to FBS does a two year transition... 1st one is as an FCS school (which will be this upcoming season, 2016-17) and then as an FBS school (2017-18).

When the Hogs face them in 2017, Coastal will be a provisional FBS school (2nd year of transition), and bowl eligible 2018-19. No FCS playoffs in CFB for 1st year, no FBS bowls for 2nd year of the transition.

Which makes them extremely dangerous. They will come out *very* strong in both years.

So, it's their first year to play a FBS schedule, in 2017. I'm sorry if I don't put them in the "strong" category, they will compete, but they were probably more competitive as an FCS team, as in being overlooked.

The next question is, who are our other two 2017 non- conference opponents?

Doug

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 11, 2016, 08:14:01 am
I looked at their campus on line and no crap sherlock that place is rocking and if I was 18 again I would take a hard look at that place.
The pictures online do not do that place justice. I'll pull up my pictures later today or tomorrow and post 'em. The money invested into their campus (Athletics and non-athletics) is insane.
--Doug

tusksincolorado

Then sale your ticket and don't go!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Doug on April 11, 2016, 08:35:38 am
The pictures online do not do that place justice. I'll pull up my pictures later today or tomorrow and post 'em. The money invested into their campus (Athletics and non-athletics) is insane.

Thanks Doug!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Doug

Thanks for the bump up, Delta. Forgot that I had promised this.

Here's my tour from last fall.

--Doug

HotlantaHog

Coastal Carolina has had a very good basketball team over the years. This is football?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Doug on April 12, 2016, 05:42:17 pm
Thanks for the bump up, Delta. Forgot that I had promised this.

Here's my tour from last fall.

<iframe src="http://dlhazard.com/index.php?gmedia=X32EB&t=g"; style="border:0px #ffffff none;" name="myiFrame" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight="0px" marginwidth="0px" height="400px" width="600px"></iframe>

Thanks and yes it a great looking place. So they should have no problems if they can get them on campus.

BPsTheMan

everyone in the nation plays one 1-AA each year

genius

ricepig

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on April 13, 2016, 12:49:41 pm
everyone in the nation plays one 1-AA each year

genius

Big 1G don't, but they play each other, so it works out the same.

https://twitter.com/CFTalk/status/720274409710182402

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ricepig on April 13, 2016, 12:51:26 pm
Big 1G don't, but they play each other, so it works out the same.

https://twitter.com/CFTalk/status/720274409710182402

they have Purdue so yeah, more like playing VMI

BPsTheMan