Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Skunk Confirmed at Open Practice

Started by WorfHog, April 09, 2016, 04:24:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfHog

Did anyone else see the skunk that was hanging out at open practice today? The skunk wandered out of the concourse and it gave the crowd quite the scare right before practice started.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Biggus Piggus

I saw the skunk on the scrimmage stats thread, too. Won't go away.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

FANONTHEHILL

April 09, 2016, 06:11:07 pm #5 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 04:29:13 pm by FANONTHEHILL
We were sitting in the second row of the chair backs at about the 35 on the south end. About 20 minutes before practice started about a dozen people suddenly got up and started running toward us.  The skunk came up our aisle to about the level of the 25, made a u-turn and ran back to the stairs that go down to the field.  Crossed the back wall of the end zone and went under the stands behind the goalpost. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

bythelake

The question is, could you smell it.  If he spewed it would be bad.

BearsBisonsBoars

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 09, 2016, 04:36:10 pm
Petrino is back in town?

Your negative Karma should be completely expunged. I'll help +1
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hog N Bama

It was Auburn's latest spy in true form

Hoggish1

Rzbakfromwaybak

Trap that skunk, & keep it alive.  Turn it loose during the Ole Miss game, in the visitors locker room... at halftime.   ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

LZH

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on April 09, 2016, 11:27:23 pm
Trap that skunk, & keep it alive.  Turn it loose during the Ole Miss game, in the visitors locker room... at halftime.   ;)

:)

FreshHog

Quote from: LZH on April 10, 2016, 12:15:57 am
:)

Idk, our players may not wanna blitz through a line of skunk smellin guys  :puke:

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: WorfHog on April 09, 2016, 04:24:06 pm
Did anyone else see the skunk that was hanging out at open practice today? The skunk wandered out of the concourse and it gave the crowd quite the scare right before practice started.

Riveting thread.  Will read again.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Calling All Hogs

Real question is if the skunk sprayed the Ole Miss players would you really be able to tell much difference?

Vantage 8 dude

Didn't realize ole Gus and Freeze had tried to slip in uninvited. Not surprised though. ;) 8) :P

jgphillips3

I somehow thought this was going to be about the smell of weed wafting through the stands.

WJBilly

Torqued pork

Skunks are usually nocturnal. It was an omen. We will stink it up this year's. Book it.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Torqued pork on April 10, 2016, 10:54:09 pm
Skunks are usually nocturnal. It was an omen. We will stink it up this year's. Book it.
Did it spray?  You know the whole ground hog see's his shadow bs.  If it didn't spay, we won't stink this year...

Confucius say, man who stands on toilet, is high on pot...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

pondwater jack

I find it VERY interest that in this day of cell phones not ONE picture of the skunk has surfaced...

J. Holly Blasingame, II
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

ricepig

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 10, 2016, 11:34:10 pm
I find it VERY interest that in this day of cell phones not ONE picture of the skunk has surfaced...

J. Holly Blasingame, II

http://nwamedia.photoshelter.com/image/I00000ULvlsnPec8

Dr. Starcs

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwynstep.files.wordpress.com%2F2016%2F01%2Fpepe-le-pew.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fatypical60.com%2F2016%2F01%2F08%2Fdisorganized-crime-part-two%2Fpepe-le-pew%2F&docid=5bBm_nnbFXDu5M&tbnid=tcvzHA5csvr7cM%3A&w=602&h=480&hl=en&client=safari&ved=0ahUKEwierLPjwobMAhWLNSYKHTGpBGIQMwhGKAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

DeltaBoy

I agree!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Might make that locker smell better, too...

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 10, 2016, 01:02:01 pm
Didn't realize ole Gus and Freeze had tried to slip in uninvited. Not surprised though. ;) 8) :P

They said skunk, not beaver.  So Freeze is out.

pondwater jack

Quote from: ricepig on April 11, 2016, 06:48:44 am
http://nwamedia.photoshelter.com/image/I00000ULvlsnPec8
im not trying to be an a$$ or to be arguementacious (sp) with you. Nor do I want to impail the character of that news outlet but....while I can confirm it IS a skunk I cant verify, based on that pic that it is infact in DWRRS.  That could easily have been a stock photo of a skunk. I just have lost faith in the local media. Id advise you ALL to keep an open mind that this entire skunk thing could be a hoax devised by Bo Mattingsly, mouthpiece for the Man. 

J Holly Blasingame, II
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 11, 2016, 12:27:39 pm
im not trying to be an a$$ or to be arguementacious (sp) with you. Nor do I want to impail the character of that news outlet but....while I can confirm it IS a skunk I cant verify, based on that pic that it is infact in DWRRS.  That could easily have been a stock photo of a skunk. I just have lost faith in the local media. Id advise you ALL to keep an open mind that this entire skunk thing could be a hoax devised by Bo Mattingsly, mouthpiece for the Man. 

J Holly Blasingame, II

Jack, I don't blame you for your skepticism.  But I have it on good authority that the fellow that was spied was indeed at DWRRS.  Seems he was there to apply for special teams coach, but Coach Beliema told him we didn't need one.  He did pose for a more formal photo before he left though.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 11, 2016, 12:36:14 pm
Jack, I don't blame you for your skepticism.  But I have it on good authority that the fellow that was spied was indeed at DWRRS.  Seems he was there to apply for special teams coach, but Coach Beliema told him we didn't need one.  He did pose for a more formal photo before he left though.
haha. Yeah special teams got us beat a few times!  But seriously, this thing has Bo Mattingslys finger prints all over it. He stirs up  a skunk controversy to keep the focus off the issues. He and his lickspittle Bart want to keep our attention off of the issues and on buying tickets from Jeff Long.  I wouldnt be a bit suprized if today he has Long on there to adress the skunk problem, the spread of rabies, is the skunk pregnant an ready to pup, will the skunk be gone by fall, how my
Uch are tix.... so on and so forth....anything but depth in the secondary. Smh

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 11, 2016, 12:27:39 pm

J Holly Blasingame, II

Doesn't Uncle Tugo or Blister Wickes have a pet skunk? Prolly need OTR to validate that. If so, I bet that pic is straight from the time Tugo or Blister's skunk got loose and was creeping around the abandoned mansion next to the Catfish Hole.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

pondwater jack

Yes, he1l yes.  his uncle has one with no sent/cent (?) gland.  Had for 3-4 years. "Balls" is what they call him.( If you saw him from the back youd know) They rescued him as a pup on the side of a cliff hed fallen down and gotten seperated from his momma.  Ill bet they lead with this today. Predictable.  Bo frothing at the mouth and lickspittle just trotting along beside him, tongue sticking out, licking bo's chops. 

pondwater jack

Theres a pair of dogs that come thru the trailer park every afternoon, a bulldog that is the alpha and a half chiwawa, half palmeranian, half beagle. The little one licking the big ones chops the whole way. I always chuckle and say, "heres Bo and Bart"

J Holly Blasingame, II

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 11, 2016, 01:00:58 pm
Yes, he1l yes.  his uncle has one with no sent/cent (?) gland.  Had for 3-4 years. "Balls" is what they call him.( If you saw him from the back youd know) They rescued him as a pup on the side of a cliff hed fallen down and gotten seperated from his momma.  Ill bet they lead with this today. Predictable.  Bo frothing at the mouth and lickspittle just trotting along beside him, tongue sticking out, licking bo's chops. 

Good insights right here, folks. Jack, do you think the skunk will have any impact on the haunting patterns of Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head? I believe this time of year ol' Royal's head comes out of Barnhill and starts haunting The concourse at DWRRS.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Overtheroadtruckdriver

When Iron Mike Irwin strolls into MMQB like he was walking onto a yacht and tells me that a skunk has made his way onto the practice field then I will believe it. Looking at the usual suspects who have jumped into this thread is enough to make me question the validity of everything about this story.

Ever spring about this time there's a story of a skunk or some other varmint showing up at practice and scaring the daylights out of everybody....kind of like stories of bigfoot showing his face down around Charleston or Lavaca or some other two horse town. Gets everybody all het up and regular lies turn into whoppers and the next thing you know we got half the team going in to get a rabies shot and there's nothing but panic all over the place. 

Hate to say it but just about everyone in this thread has cried wolf in here before, telling stories and getting all the normal folks in here panicky.  And here comes jack blasingame fanning the flames, playing on everyone's fears.  That man has stared down many a skunk while camping yet here he is in here stirring the pot.

There wasn't no skunk and everbody needs to calm down and take a deep breath.  I think they ought to lock down this thread and ban everybody who's posted in it. Let's start focusing on football and quit worrying about skunks.  If the martial arts have taught me anything it's how to bust a brick with my bare hands and how to stay calm and logical in a skunk thread instead of hollering around like a hog with a corncob like some of you are doing here.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: OTR on April 11, 2016, 04:59:34 pm
When Iron Mike Irwin strolls into MMQB like he was walking onto a yacht and tells me that a skunk has made his way onto the practice field then I will believe it. Looking at the usual suspects who have jumped into this thread is enough to make me question the validity of everything about this story.

Ever spring about this time there's a story of a skunk or some other varmint showing up at practice and scaring the daylights out of everybody....kind of like stories of bigfoot showing his face down around Charleston or Lavaca or some other two horse town. Gets everybody all het up and regular lies turn into whoppers and the next thing you know we got half the team going in to get a rabies shot and there's nothing but panic all over the place. 

Hate to say it but just about everyone in this thread has cried wolf in here before, telling stories and getting all the normal folks in here panicky.  And here comes jack blasingame fanning the flames, playing on everyone's fears.  That man has stared down many a skunk while camping yet here he is in here stirring the pot.

There wasn't no skunk and everbody needs to calm down and take a deep breath.  I think they ought to lock down this thread and ban everybody who's posted in it. Let's start focusing on football and quit worrying about skunks.  If the martial arts have taught me anything it's how to bust a brick with my bare hands and how to stay calm and logical in a skunk thread instead of hollering around like a hog with a corncob like some of you are doing here.

So, it was Uncle Tugo's skunk. Jack called it, folks!

pondwater jack

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 11, 2016, 05:34:21 pm
So, it was Uncle Tugo's skunk. Jack called it, folks!
ill say this about uncle T's skunk, "Balls", from the back when hes walking away from you, if you could imagine slipping a black sock off a babys foot, then taking two titlest golf balls an forcing them into that taut black babys sock, well thats just about what youve got.  Hes bowlegged.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 10, 2016, 11:34:10 pm

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Lol.  Probably difficult to take pictures, while you're running in the opposite direction.... ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

pondwater jack

It's funny to me how I saw thru this one.  No substantail pictures to document the existence of the fabled "Razorback Stadium Skunk"  LOL.  I single handedly saw thru this for what it was and called it and sent this one to its watery grave.

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 14, 2016, 10:39:46 am
It's funny to me how I saw thru this one.  No substantail pictures to document the existence of the fabled "Razorback Stadium Skunk"  LOL.  I single handedly saw thru this for what it was and called it and sent this one to its watery grave.

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Yep, Jack was on the front lines of this one. I can only assume Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head will be free range and at full strength for the spring game.

FANONTHEHILL

April 15, 2016, 08:41:36 am #41 Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:52:06 am by FANONTHEHILL
From Arkansas Democrat Gazette.  Just before he ducked under the stands as I mentioned it my post above.  Sorry folks, it happened.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 15, 2016, 08:41:36 am
From Arkansas Democrat Gazette.  Just before he ducked under the stands as I mentioned it my post above.  Sorry folks, it happened.

If Jadcks says it's photoshopped, then it's photoshopped. It was prolly just the back wall of the Catfish Hole prior to adding in the Razorback accoutrements.

pondwater jack

Now again, I dont look for trouble but there is no guarantee that photo was taken on said date. Clearly visible is the word Arkansas, but if I could see something to indicate that it wasnt Baum stadium or some tennis court. Does anyone share my concern this whole deal is rigged and staged to grab headlines?  Does anyone see my point? If not, ill shut up.  This pic seems a little forced.

pondwater jack

Now if I saw, with my own eyes, Jeff Ling in the background waving behind the skunk, or holding the skunk, or better yet adopting the skunk and getting him fixed where he caint spray and letting him have a home there at the boss area, I categorically could not chellenge the austerity of the photo.  Wouldnt that make for a feel good story?  Arkansas's Long adopts and finds room for skunk at Hog Headquarters! :-) Id accept it as fact.  But a man can only take so much of a skunk getting pushed out there for public consumption. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 15, 2016, 06:31:21 pm
Now again, I dont look for trouble but there is no guarantee that photo was taken on said date. Clearly visible is the word Arkansas, but if I could see something to indicate that it wasnt Baum stadium or some tennis court. Does anyone share my concern this whole deal is rigged and staged to grab headlines?  Does anyone see my point? If not, ill shut up.  This pic seems a little forced.

Quote from: pondwater jack on April 15, 2016, 06:37:19 pm
Now if I saw, with my own eyes, Jeff Ling in the background waving behind the skunk, or holding the skunk, or better yet adopting the skunk and getting him fixed where he caint spray and letting him have a home there at the boss area, I categorically could not chellenge the austerity of the photo.  Wouldnt that make for a feel good story?  Arkansas's Long adopts and finds room for skunk at Hog Headquarters! :-) Id accept it as fact.  But a man can only take so much of a skunk getting pushed out there for public consumption. 

I'm with you, Jack. Hog fans shouldn't be so sheepish to consume this whole social media driven skunk incident under false pretenses. I believe Shakespeare wrote it best in the "Merchant of Venice", "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? And if you skunk us, shall we not revenge?".

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 15, 2016, 08:29:21 pm
I'm with you, Jack. Hog fans shouldn't be so sheepish to consume this whole social media driven skunk incident under false pretenses. I believe Shakespeare wrote it best in the "Merchant of Venice", "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? And if you skunk us, shall we not revenge?".
That was Louden Wainwright III, not Shakespeare.

BPsTheMan

It's Rally Skunk

National Champs 2016!

Sincerely,

Harry Rex Vonner
Lawyer