Scrimmage stats today

Started by ricepig, April 09, 2016, 01:14:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hog_Father

Thank you RP.  :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on April 09, 2016, 01:24:13 pm
Thank you RP.  :razorback:

No prob, lots of posters think Twitter is the debil, just trying to update them, haha.

ricepig

ricepig

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2016, 01:29:11 pm
No prob, lots of posters think Twitter is the debil, just trying to update them, haha.

Haha... I know right? and don't forget the "creepy" shamers, the biggest idiots of them all. Haha... Yeah, mountains, mole hills and all that. But again, great info especially after being trolled.  ;) :razorback:

ricepig

Hawgzinbowlz

Good intensity, physicality and Drew was in the O huddle (as a motivator) much of the scrimmage. AA is ahead and RP will see playing time. Good elevation on FGs.  Paul Rhodes has the secondary playing tighter to the LS. Overall a good scrimmage for this early. " GO HOGS "

bythelake

Sat right behind defensive bench,  agim got roughed up pretty good.  Team mates were consoling him at the same time letting him know not acceptable.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2016, 01:29:11 pm
I dont do the twitter thing, but I appreciate the posts. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2016, 01:38:26 pm
https://twitter.com/HImagazine/status/718870635452063748
[/quote
Wow that's pretty crazy.  I'm so surprised froholdt separated himself like that.  I remember watching him on d and although he never really blew past a guy he would lock on to one or two people and drive them back.  I'm thinking skipper and froholdt are going to be a roadgraders on the right side. 

Shoutout to Kendrick Jackson on coming out of nowhere, I'm sure it's a case of him just doing really well and being suited for the position rather than Wallace playing poorly. 

I hope the line has some rotation to it, I think we're going to have some really good players not in the starting five.  Putting one of them as a tightend is a possibility as well.

Pulled(PP)pork

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bythelake on April 09, 2016, 01:55:31 pm
Sat right behind defensive bench,  agim got roughed up pretty good.  Team mates were consoling him at the same time letting him know not acceptable.

Freshmen learn. Be competitive, let your play speak for you. You can "jaw" when you make All SEC.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 09, 2016, 02:02:52 pm
well he can't have me beat, lol.

I'm pretty sure I'd give him a run for his money, I think a couple of my kids would too, haha. Their excuse is living in a tablet computer world taking notes, and presenting papers, mine......just horrible penmanship.

bythelake

There was 1,  with couple of other close ones.

bythelake

CJ ogrady and gragg  looked dang good catching the ball. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2016, 01:14:07 pm
https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/718863560395259904
I think we can almost officially put an end to this QB competition discussion barring injury! I think we can definitely put an end to the RT is going to rise up and take the job discussion.

factchecker

I was at scrimmage and quick takeaways:

Good

Austin and Rafe are the definite 1a and 1b in my opinion.  I really would feel comfortable with either starting.

We probably have the best tight end group in the nation:

Sprinkle looks bigger and faster.  Catches the ball well in traffic and hard to bring down.

O'Grady gets open and has great hands

Cantrell is a great blocker and punishes defenders when he gets the ball.  He trucked someone big time today.

Gragg looks like the complete package.

Every one of our tight ends look great!!!

Duwop can get to the edge quick and he runs the ball pretty hard.  He also took a couple big hits, one from Coley, and got back up and went to the huddle.

Wide receiver Deon Stewart (redshirt freshman) looked shifty and caught almost everything thrown to him.  He made a great play when Rafe's pass got tipped.  He came back and caught the ball and ran for a huge gain.
*Note- I saw this green flash run down to help block after Deon caught the ball.... it was Rafe.

Defense line looks great.  Agim is a day 1 starter.  Ledbetter is a terror on the inside.  Walk-on Roesler is impressive.

Linebackers had one interception against the 2 offense. I think it was Hackett who picked it off. Ramsey looks quick and athletic.

Overall the defense was very fiery and pumped up.

Bad

QUARTERBACK -- CENTER EXCHANGE:  There was at least 4 bobbled snaps... but I stopped counting.  Coach Anderson was pretty mad about this and I bet we get it fixed.

Scholarship kickers:  Both our scholarship guys- Hedlund (FG) and Black Johson (punt) looked pretty bad.  Luckily we have two walk-ons Sailing (FG) and Toby Baker (P) who look much better. 

Sloppy:  A couple times our 2 and 3 offense didn't break the huddle or get the call.  They would meander to the line which would piss Coach Enos off. He would blow the whistle get in the huddle and set things straight.  The mental mistakes were so bad that Coach Bielema had the entire team do 100 yard up downs after practice.

Not much push with the offensive line:  Hard to tell with scrimmage.  It was 1 vs. 1 most of the reps so our d-line could be good or we will need to work hard to get our o-line sorted out. 

Still missing a home-run hitter at runningback.  Duwop is quick but I'm not sure if he has pull away from the defense speed.  Kody is a power back.  Rawleigh participated in all the drill work but didn't scrimmage.  I really hope either Whaley or Hammonds can bring a little more speed to our backfield.

Overall:

Typical spring scrimmage.  O-Line needs work.  The quarterback will be either Austin or Rafe. Enjoyed seeing our coaches get after the players and some energy on the sideline.  Excited for the Spring Game.

Go Hogs!

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 09, 2016, 02:20:58 pm
I think we can almost officially put an end to this QB competition discussion barring injury! I think we can definitely put an end to the RT is going to rise up and take the job discussion.

I'm never gonna count anyone out, especially when we remember what Brandon became.  However,  Ricky did not look very good in team work.   He's been here the shortest amount of time and he's probably still trying to catch up.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bythelake

The hitch in storey's throw is shocking.  Hope it doesn't hinder his progress.  RT is smooth.

factchecker

April 09, 2016, 02:36:33 pm #37 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:33:24 pm by factchecker
Quote from: factchecker on April 09, 2016, 02:23:14 pm
Austin and Rafe are the definite 1a and 1b in my opinion.  I really would feel comfortable with either starting.

Looking back at the stat line :

Austin Allen: 14-17, 203 yards, 3 TDs

Rafe Peavey: 6-12, 130 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/apr/09/allen-stands-out-second-scrimmage/

It's clear that Austin had a better day.  However, I can honestly tell you that I would feel comfortable with Rafe starting.  I'm not saying either should start but rather that I feel confident in both.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on April 09, 2016, 02:23:14 pm
I was at scrimmage and quick takeaways:

Good

We probably have the best tight end group in the nation:

Sprinkle looks bigger and faster.  Catches the ball well in traffic and hard to bring down.

O'Grady gets open and has great hands

Cantrell is a great blocker and punishes defenders when he gets the ball.  He trucked someone big time today.

Gragg looks like the complete package.

Every one of our tight ends look great!!!

Duwop can get to the edge quick and he runs the ball pretty hard.  He also took a couple big hits, one from Coley, and got back up and went to the huddle.

Wide receiver Deon Stewart (redshirt freshman) looked shifty and caught almost everything thrown to him.  He made a great play when Rafe's pass got tipped.  He came back and caught the ball and ran for a huge gain.
*Note- I saw this green flash run down to help block after Deon caught the ball.... it was Rafe.

Defense line looks great.  Agim is a day 1 starter.  Ledbetter is a terror on the inside.  Walk-on Roesler is impressive.

Linebackers had one interception against the 2 offense. I think it was Hackett who picked it off. Ramsey looks quick and athletic.

Overall the defense was very fiery and pumped up.

Bad

QUARTERBACK -- CENTER EXCHANGE:  There was at least 4 bobbled snaps... but I stopped counting.  Coach Anderson was pretty mad about this and I bet we get it fixed.

Scholarship kickers:  Both our scholarship guys- Hedlund (FG) and Black Johson (punt) looked pretty bad.  Luckily we have two walk-ons Sailing (FG) and Toby Baker (P) who look much better. 

Sloppy:  A couple times our 2 and 3 offense didn't break the huddle or get the call.  They would meander to the line which would piss Coach Enos off. He would blow the whistle get in the huddle and set things straight.  The mental mistakes were so bad that Coach Bielema had the entire team do 100 yard up downs after practice.

Not much push with the offensive line:  Hard to tell with scrimmage.  It was 1 vs. 1 most of the reps so our d-line could be good or we will need to work hard to get our o-line sorted out. 

Still missing a home-run hitter at runningback.  Duwop is quick but I'm not sure if he has pull away from the defense speed.  Kody is a power back.  Rawleigh participated in all the drill work but didn't scrimmage.  I really hope either Whaley or Hammonds can bring a little more speed to our backfield.

Overall:

Typical spring scrimmage.  O-Line needs work.  The quarterback will be either Austin or Rafe. Enjoyed seeing our coaches get after the players and some energy on the sideline.  Excited for the Spring Game.

Go Hogs!

Baker is on scholarship, and according to the media, Hedlund made his only FG attempt, McFain made two, but missed an XP. I let you check the facts, haha, appreciate the report.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: factchecker on April 09, 2016, 02:29:25 pm
I'm never gonna count anyone out, especially when we remember what Brandon became.  However,  Ricky did not look very good in team work.   He's been here the shortest amount of time and he's probably still trying to catch up.
Oh I am not knocking RT or any of the others, based on all of the reporting RT is not ready to get the opportunity for this year. AA had built in advantages, and everything I have seen reported since bowl preparations he has done nothing but capitalize on his baked in advantages. AA has seized the opportunity and I think everything they do going forward will be coalescing around him being the starter and prepping Rafe to be the backup.

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2016, 02:39:59 pm

Baker is on scholarship, and according to the media, Hedlund made his only FG attempt, McFain made two, but missed an XP. I let you check the facts, haha, appreciate the report.

No problem.

My critique of the field goal kickers was primarily from the special team periods at the beginning of practice.

It was also during this time that Blake Johnson was punting extremely bad.  He was kicking 20 yard ducks.  Blake got better toward the end of practice.  However, Toby is definitely the punter.  I forgot that Baker is on scholarship now but he was a walk-on until the award banquet last December:

QuoteThree Arkansas walk-on football players were awarded scholarships Friday night.
Punter Toby Baker, defensive lineman Karl Roesler and linebacker Nicholas Thomas-Smith found out they had received the scholarships at the team's banquet.
Baker was the Razorbacks' starting punter this season, averaging 41.3 yards per punt and pinning 22 of his 42 punts inside the 20-yard line.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/dec/18/trio-awarded-scholarships-banquet/

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

My guess based on the numbers Baker will be back to walk on status in the fall, but I bet he remains the starter.

MuskogeeHogFan

April 09, 2016, 03:27:03 pm #43 Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:08:17 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
QB's Individually and as a Total

Compl       Att         %          Yards        Yds P/Att       Yds P/Compl       TD's       INT's
Allen                    15          18        83.3          213             11.8               14.2              3           0
Peavey                  5           12        41.7          112              9.3                22.4             1           1
Storey                   6           10        60.0           95               9.5               15.8              1           0
Town                     1            1        100.0          19              19.0              19.0              0           0
Total                    27           40        67.5          447             11.2              16.6              5           1

Edit: Based on published numbers from the University for Allen and Peavey only.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 09, 2016, 03:15:56 pm
My guess based on the numbers Baker will be back to walk on status in the fall, but I bet he remains the starter.

Huh? Man, they aren't going to award him a scholarship in the Spring and pull it over the summer unless he goes out and commits a crime and is run out of school.
Go Hogs Go!

Ebolin

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 09, 2016, 03:27:03 pm
QB's Individually and as a Total

Compl       Att         %          Yards        Yds P/Att       Yds P/Compl       TD's       INT's
Allen                    14          17        82.4          203             11.9               14.5              3           0
Peavey                  6           12        50.0          130             10.8               21.7              1           1
Storey                   6           10        60.0           95               9.5               15.8              1           0
Town                     1            1        100.0          19              19.0              19.0              0           0
Total                    27           40        67.5          447             11.2              16.6              5           1

We got Peavey 6 of 11 and Allen 14 of 18. At least that's what is on ANB and what Dem-Gaz and HI will have. Sun was bright.
Arkansas News Bureau's Hogs beat writer
Formerly of ESPN and AP
A Native, Cornell kid and lover of hockey

presidenthog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 09, 2016, 03:15:56 pm
from the video I posted John nabor's says our punting is the best it's been in a while.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ebolin on April 09, 2016, 03:37:01 pm
We got Peavey 6 of 11 and Allen 14 of 18. At least that's what is on ANB and what Dem-Gaz and HI will have. Sun was bright.

Don't know about that, I went by these numbers.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/apr/09/allen-stands-out-second-scrimmage/
Go Hogs Go!

SamBuckhart

Seniors are going to have to hold people accountable. Extra work is horse---- for players who want an SEC championship. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 09, 2016, 03:30:25 pm
Huh? Man, they aren't going to award him a scholarship in the Spring and pull it over the summer unless he goes out and commits a crime and is run out of school.
Scholarships are awarded on scholastic year, there was available scholarships and they were given for the remainder of the year. They are not "pulled" there will most likely not be one available to award him one for next year, but not absolute, a lot can happen over the summer.