Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA bans satellite camps effective immediately

Started by Scott Marshall, April 08, 2016, 12:14:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 11, 2016, 03:25:15 pm
I think that is the intent but would you agree that there is some ambiguity there? I have only read what is posted here FYI.

oh, no doubt about it, the rule is ambiguous , but I think the intent would rule the day.

Also, I can't see another school allowing a school to host an event at their facilities anyway.

hogcard1964

What's the argument against satellite camps?  Seems like the NCAA was fine and dandy with it when Michigan and Harbaugh were acting like petulant little [CENSORED], but once the SEC started in, they shut it down.

Am I wrong?

DeltaBoy

The NCAA moved swiftly to protect the Blue Bloods .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 12, 2016, 09:44:10 am
What's the argument against satellite camps?  Seems like the NCAA was fine and dandy with it when Michigan and Harbaugh were acting like petulant little [CENSORED], but once the SEC started in, they shut it down.

Am I wrong?

It was in there interest to give Michigan a leg up before shutting down the arms race.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pork Twain

April 12, 2016, 11:18:54 am #54 Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:40:25 pm by Pork Twain
Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 12, 2016, 09:44:10 am

Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong

The SEC and the rest of the P5 were against this.  The SEC stirred things up and forced the NCAA to shut it down.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/