Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fred Talley compares Nutt to absentee father

Started by WizardofhOgZ, April 06, 2016, 04:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arsuperhog

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on April 07, 2016, 11:08:28 am
I didn't like Talley for suckers punching that white track guy in a bar and then stomping on him ...

But go back and read my posts, I kept saying he was a hellofaback. ..and should have started

Then when he did start no one could lay a glove on him .. imagine a fast D'Angelo ...
Talley took the fall for, but didn't act alone. He had help from a certain fullback from Texas

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: arsuperhog on April 08, 2016, 02:31:14 pm
Talley took the fall for, but didn't act alone. He had help from a certain fullback from Texas

I didn't know a lot about what happened there but it's not good.

And Mark certainly had some serious issues, I hope he is getting help where he is at... Evidently the structure is helping him. It's just terribly sad all around.

Doug

Quote from: Hardcore HoggyLOL 11 years later...

Can't we just leave it at "Nutt was a mediocre coach?" I mean you know, it is 11 years later, maybe time for some maturity and perspective.
Love your logic... but what you may not be aware of is that Nutt and his cronies led a coordinated effort that went far beyond just what transpired on university grounds.

They went after Mike Irwin (hard), Hogville, and a couple admins.

They never did come after me, though I believe they considered it until they learned I was able to identify and implicate Diana Nutt in their attacks against Mitch Mustain (from her work computer, no less), as well as a state employee, on the clock, using her computer for personal reasons in the orchestrated attack.

So, no, we won't "let it go". We have personal reasons to hold a grudge against that scrotum lipped pus maggot and his circle jerk entourage.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Letsroll1200

As a Man you have to learn how to start over when it's over!!! You have to attack life the same way you attacked the offensive line when you had the balls in you hands.

You might go down for a loss or fumble the ball at times but get back in the game. Play the next play. I hope that F. Talley can recover and move forward in life. No need to bad talk anyone because you have to take some ownership in not finishing your degree at the time.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Doug on April 08, 2016, 03:54:26 pm
Love your logic... but what you may not be aware of is that Nutt and his cronies led a coordinated effort that went far beyond just what transpired on university grounds.

They never did come after me, though I believe they considered it until they learned I was able to identify and implicate Diana Nutt in their attacks against Mitch Mustain (from her work computer, no less), as well as a state employee, on the clock, using her computer for personal reasons in the orchestrated attack.

So, no, we won't "let it go". We have personal reasons to hold a grudge against that scrotum lipped pus maggot and his circle jerk entourage.

I would LOVE to hear HHoggy's retort to Doug's most excellent reply.  :razorback:

TechHawg

And someone else was talking about Nutt and his "junior high mind games." This sounds like a grudge against a junior high bully. It was 10 years ago, the bully can't hurt you any more. Its gonna be OK.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hogfly on April 06, 2016, 04:34:40 pm
I'm not a huge Nutt fan, but you don't talk to the CEO/Coach of a program about issues with insurance and dental bills. That's an HR matter. I don't blame Talley for not getting that, but I don't know that many CEOs who you approach and say, "Oh, hey. Is my insurance going to pay for this?"

Usually they don't have a freaking clue whether it will or not.

You are correct that you don't call the CEO to verify insurance issues. But you do call the CEO to open the doors and get something done.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Doug

Quote from: TechHawgAnd someone else was talking about Nutt and his "junior high mind games." This sounds like a grudge against a junior high bully. It was 10 years ago, the bully can't hurt you any more. Its gonna be OK.
How's the view from your lofty seat?

It's easy for you to say that, because your LIVELIHOOD wasn't impacted. There were a few people whose livelihood was impacted because of his actions. Grudge or not, it doesn't change the fact that several of us will continue to speak about Houston Nutt as long as he continues to profess his innocence, and as long as others continue to try to bury the truth (Gus Malzahn).

So, yeah, go ahead and keep on judging. Makes it easier to sort out the idiocy vs those that want to know/truly do know what the facts are and have legitimate reasons for their pure hatred/disdain.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

The story here to me is that a person in his 30s needs surgery from college football and according to at least one poster had "chronic pain issues." It just shows what a brutal sport it is, and in my opinion why the players need compensation. Or at least an insurance policy for after playing that covers the effects of what happened from when they did play.

choppedporkextrasauce

Well Hogville and the darksiders  went after him pretty hard and won. It was an ugly time. Time to let it go.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: TechHawg on April 09, 2016, 07:45:58 am
And someone else was talking about Nutt and his "junior high mind games." This sounds like a grudge against a junior high bully. It was 10 years ago, the bully can't hurt you any more. Its gonna be OK.

Your point is valid still.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Illinihog on April 08, 2016, 01:48:30 pm
Should we ask Fred about all the weed he used to smoke?

Which would matter why? 

KlubhouseKonnected

I have thought about this for a few days. Fred seems to want the world to work one way, but it in fact works the other way.

pigture perfect

What happened all those years ago was a ridiculous petty argument between people who got their feelings hurt and we're not men enough to let it go. I can understand defending your name and honor. But both sides went far beyond what they should have. Evidently some have not grown any maturity in the last decade. That's a shame.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on April 07, 2016, 11:16:23 am
What, boy you need to go get that wad out of your shorts....Nutt was an idiot but a good players coach....he was loyal to people but couldn't see the greatness in Talley among others ...

He sat Talley, all that time,  and when he finally played DMac, I saw him run that player into a stacked Bama line 15 times in a row.... I was at that game in TTown.....it was brutal watching DMAC get clobbered over and over for 3 yards a pop...

Your hero is a sacred of it ...
You've come off as very stupid in each of your posts in this thread. Just thought I'd let you know.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on April 08, 2016, 02:04:15 pm
Were you there? Did you spend time in the locker room and watch Coach Nutt play his junior high mind games with his players? If not then the only stupid remark seems to be yours... Good Grief indeed.

Have an informed opinion, but if it's not it would behoove you to run others down who have first hand experience.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Doug on April 09, 2016, 09:01:15 am
How's the view from your lofty seat?

It's easy for you to say that, because your LIVELIHOOD wasn't impacted. There were a few people whose livelihood was impacted because of his actions. Grudge or not, it doesn't change the fact that several of us will continue to speak about Houston Nutt as long as he continues to profess his innocence, and as long as others continue to try to bury the truth (Gus Malzahn).

So, yeah, go ahead and keep on judging. Makes it easier to sort out the idiocy vs those that want to know/truly do know what the facts are and have legitimate reasons for their pure hatred/disdain.

I agree with Doug!  Nutt is piece of trash and I would not whizz on him if he was on fire.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

EastexHawg

I have always liked Fred Talley, and this article only reinforces why. 

Talley was a great back.  He had the raw speed and the home run ability everyone always wanted Cedric Cobbs to have.  In fact, those teams may have had the two greatest broken field runners and home run threats in Razorback history in Talley and Matt Jones.  I doubt anyone ever had more long runs, at least on a per-carry basis.

I remember sitting in RRS and watching Cobbs tip-toe around, especially against Tennessee in 2001.  In a game that was there for the taking, Nutt let Talley...who had run for 161 against Auburn, 214 against Ole Miss,  and 142 against Tennessee in consecutive games the year before after being moved from cornerback...sit the bench as the Hogs failed to put up 100 yards of total offense and tried to protect a 3-0 fourth quarter lead in a game they eventually lost.

In the first two games of that 2001 season the Hogs gained something like 100 yards per game in total offense...last in all of college football...and Cobbs carried 28 times for 51 yards while Talley only got a handful of carries.  Finally, Nutt did what he always did when his job was on the line and relented, letting Talley split time.  Fred carried 15 or more times in six games the rest of the season, and in those games he gained 71, 135, 111, 113, 189, and 84 yards...an average of 118 per game and 5.2 per carry.

Nutt played Talley when he had to, but every time he thought he could get away with it he went with Cobbs.  Cobbs was his clear favorite.

Southerneyes

Quote from: Sivad on April 07, 2016, 02:58:42 pm
Comparing Nutt to his absentee father is a real slam at the absentee father.
Ha, that's great!.....still to this day I have deep dislike of Nutt and will never let it go.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: bvillepig on April 07, 2016, 12:48:36 pm
The thing that always puzzled me about Nutt. Why did he sit Mcfaddon and Jones in the Vandy game we lost? 
Several others but I always wondered about Chris Baker also.

Nutt made some statements to a friend about no heart. Chris was just a quiet kid.
I think he had 12 catches in his career but 4 or so went for TD's.
From my recollection, I think he was scared they would fumble in their first conference game.

Hardcore Hoggy

I couldn't care less one way or the other about Nutt. But all of your reasons are simply justification for your own behavior. You say he went after Hogville? Well , if I remember correctly Hogville went after him pretty hard. Impacted his career pretty heavily in fact. So that's a wash.

A person who 11 years later is still gloating about this guy's failures is obsessed. Why would ANYONE allow the Hootie to occupy their minds that way?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on April 11, 2016, 11:02:20 am

I couldn't care less one way or the other about Nutt. But all of your reasons are simply justification for your own behavior. You say he went after Hogville? Well , if I remember correctly Hogville went after him pretty hard. Impacted his career pretty heavily in fact. So that's a wash.

A person who 11 years later is still gloating about this guy's failures is obsessed. Why would ANYONE allow the Hootie to occupy their minds that way?
You guys that were 12 at the time need to stuff it.  You don't know what happened, and you don't want to believe the truth when someone tells you.

Houston Nutt destroyed careers and lives.  He deserves whatever failure he gets.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 11, 2016, 11:12:14 am
You guys that were 12 at the time need to stuff it.  You don't know what happened, and you don't want to believe the truth when someone tells you.

Houston Nutt destroyed careers and lives.  He deserves whatever failure he gets.

LOL hilarious, here you are calling names and telling people to "stuff it" and questioning others.

I know what happened back then, I also know it was 11 years ago. Move on.

Rey Pygsterio

You people with a still-smoldering hatred for Nutt need to seek counseling. You are probably the same people who ran off Nolan and thanks again for that.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

PorkRinds

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on April 11, 2016, 02:37:58 pm
You people with a still-smoldering hatred for Nutt need to seek counseling. You are probably the same people who ran off Nolan and thanks again for that.
they are in the process with CMA and ready to pounce on CBB at the first sign of weakness.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 11, 2016, 02:56:41 pm
they are in the process with CMA and ready to pounce on CBB at the first sign of weakness.
Honestly, you people don't know crap.

The people who are still angry about Dale the Wonder Weasel are the ones who care enough about the program to actually fight for it.  We didn't run off Nolan.  For the most part we loved him but wished he would keep his incendiary comments to himself.  We support CBB because he is, obviously, building a program that will last and be good for as long as he is here.  We are frustrated with CMA because it is pretty obvious he ISN'T doing the same.

Supporting bad men or bad coaching is not the mark of someone who truly cares about the program.
All Gas, No Brakes!

PorkRinds

I do believe there are those that got some sense of power from being able to help take down Nutt.  There are some here with an over inflated sense of their importance because of it, and a quick trigger finger when it comes to coaches because they have felt that thrill before.  I don't, however, believe Doug is one of them.  If he's wading into the issue with such a strong stance, you can bet he's got a reason.  Others like Mike Irwin (whom I've gone round and round with) do as well.  So while there are those who thrive on bringing down any and all coaches since they tasted it with Nutt, there are others with real and legit criticisms of that entire group of people, and since they all continue to deny and try to cover it up, those hard feelings will likely continue.  But Nutt got what he deserved.

Sivad

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 11, 2016, 03:04:19 pm
The people who are still angry about Dale the Wonder Weasel are the ones who care enough about the program to actually fight for it.  We didn't run off Nolan.  For the most part we loved him but wished he would keep his incendiary comments to himself.  We support CBB because he is, obviously, building a program that will last and be good for as long as he is here.  We are frustrated with CMA because it is pretty obvious he ISN'T doing the same.

Supporting bad men or bad coaching is not the mark of someone who truly cares about the program.
5 truthful statements.

Doug

Quote from: Hardcore HoggyI couldn't care less one way or the other about Nutt. But all of your reasons are simply justification for your own behavior. You say he went after Hogville? Well , if I remember correctly Hogville went after him pretty hard. Impacted his career pretty heavily in fact. So that's a wash.

Before I "educate" all the imbeciles that are telling several of us to "let it go", here's a side note:

Several of us (myself, included) are quite content in letting this go. We were content to let it go after the bastard slinked off to Mississippi (with his buyout). Ole Miss fans wouldn't STFU about it, and we had to hear about it... until Year 3. Then we laughed at them and reminded them, several times, that we tried to tell them that he was a snake oil salesman.

We were far more content in letting it go... until Gus Malzahn, last year, claimed that he and Ole Poop sHootie were BFFs in 2005.

We were content in letting it go until you Nutt huggers reared your ugly heads again, professing your man-love for him. I would be thrilled to death if that fricktard's name never came up on Hogville again.

Since you won't shut up about it, I'm going to go another route... one that 95% of you ignorant bastiges aren't aware of.

Hogville grew because of growing dissatisfaction with the GOBN and the Regime... however... we were fine in keeping everything above board and centered here on Hogville.

When the University of Arkansas (the OLD regime, not the Jeff Long Regime) started threatening several members of the media that were active members of Hogville with loss of access, and started punishing those that had covered the Hogs for a very long time with reduced access, Hogvillians got wind of it, and upped the ante. Reactionary, not proactive, moves.

Several members of the Media continued to post on here... until the Old Regime got downright nasty. They contacted KFSM and told them that unless Mike Irwin was no longer a member of this site, he wouldn't have access to ANY Razorbacks coverage. KFSM took the chicken-sh*t route and banned mike from participating on here.

4029's Mark "Scoop" Lericos was blacklisted from all things Razorback, outright. He ended up having to take another gig, in a different state... and even then didn't have full access. He's no longer in Sports Media.

Our own Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter had to distance himself from Hogville drastically... and even then, Ched didn't have access to everything right out of the gate. Thankfully, the Jeff Long Administration allowed several people to "rebuild" their reputation and regain trust.

That's just THREE people that I am comfortable in speaking of. I won't even mention the crap that Lanny (and I) had to deal with coming from the U of A before the regime change.

Hogville isn't in bed with the Razorbacks now, however, it's no longer a tumultuous relationship. There are some elements of the old regime that will still give us fits from time to time, however, a well placed phone call, email or text message will usually fix that.

As far as I am concerned, personally, I know I was to be a target of their smear campaign... problem is that they couldn't make the connection as to who I worked for, since I did a great job of not connecting the two (Hogville and my now former employer (former being my choice)). They were looking for other ways to come after me and my reputation, especially considering that I was working with Beck Campbell's lawyer over Email gate. Somehow, word got back to them that I was able to trace the infamous "Dear Mr. Interception King" email to Diana Nutt, Danny Nutt's Physical Therapist and that PT's lover (state employee). They got cold feet when they realized that coming after me would do more harm than good.

As I said, we're content in not discussing that mental midget... except when you ignoramuses bring his name up and affix your mouths onto his scrotal regions.

As long as people continue to do that, we will continue to speak the truth and expose as many of your twit huggers as we can.

Some final observations from me... I'm not part of the "Bring CMA down" crowd. Seeing that I am friends with several coaches (at all levels), Media Relations departments (again, at all levels), and several players... I never want to be part of that "take a coach down" crowd. Don't paint ALL Hogvillians with broad strokes... remember... those that are happy generally are quiet. It's the select few that aren't happy that scream the loudest.

I was 100% on board with taking Nutt down. I will continue to voice my concern any time I see that dummy potentially associated with any level of visibility. That being said, I do not ever see myself ever reaching that level (or coming close) with any other coach ever again. I will do what I do best... keep things running smoothly to provide the FANS with a place to voice their thoughts... and speak the truth about any situation I'm allowed to.

I am fortunate enough to have the level of access to several programs that I have now. It's allowed me to get to see the NON Coach / Player / Media Relations / Media Personality side of people... a side that most of you will never get to see. That's come at a price for me, but the end result is beyond fantastic. I get to know (and in some cases, become friends with) some incredibly awesome people.

Don't paint everyone with the same broad strokes you're trying to here.
--Doug

KlubhouseKonnected

Is any of the headspace that Nutt is currently occupying going to come up for lease soon or nah?

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 11, 2016, 03:04:19 pm
Honestly, you people don't know crap.

people like you remind me of folks who get a divorce and still b***h and moan about your ex a decade later. You carry dead weight on your shoulders.

It's 2016. We have a potentially great staff and an up and coming programs. We don't need anchors holding us back to Nutt or Petrino years.  JFC it's time to let it go.  Wasted words I know.

razorshark

Thank you Doug, this is why I joined

Hogville grew because of growing dissatisfaction with the GOBN and the Regime... however... we were fine in keeping everything above board and centered here on Hogville.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning
http://rs218.pbsrc.com/albums/cc30/razorshark50/Napalm.jpg~c100

wholehog92

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 11, 2016, 10:17:55 am
I have always liked Fred Talley, and this article only reinforces why. 

Talley was a great back.  He had the raw speed and the home run ability everyone always wanted Cedric Cobbs to have.  In fact, those teams may have had the two greatest broken field runners and home run threats in Razorback history in Talley and Matt Jones.  I doubt anyone ever had more long runs, at least on a per-carry basis.

I remember sitting in RRS and watching Cobbs tip-toe around, especially against Tennessee in 2001.  In a game that was there for the taking, Nutt let Talley...who had run for 161 against Auburn, 214 against Ole Miss,  and 142 against Tennessee in consecutive games the year before after being moved from cornerback...sit the bench as the Hogs failed to put up 100 yards of total offense and tried to protect a 3-0 fourth quarter lead in a game they eventually lost.

In the first two games of that 2001 season the Hogs gained something like 100 yards per game in total offense...last in all of college football...and Cobbs carried 28 times for 51 yards while Talley only got a handful of carries.  Finally, Nutt did what he always did when his job was on the line and relented, letting Talley split time.  Fred carried 15 or more times in six games the rest of the season, and in those games he gained 71, 135, 111, 113, 189, and 84 yards...an average of 118 per game and 5.2 per carry.

Nutt played Talley when he had to, but every time he thought he could get away with it he went with Cobbs.  Cobbs was his clear favorite.

I have argued with this man about a lot of stuff over the years, but this post is spot on.

If I were allowed to punch someone in the face without penalty of law one time a year, Nutt would be my default pick until someone else took the mantel for the year.  You only get this kind of grudge when you care about something deeply.  I care about the U of A, I care about the young men that represent the U of A.  Hootie was not good to either of them and actively looked to harm them over his pride.

Judge me for that if you want, it's of no consequence.  There have been countless coaches come and go during my tenure as a Hog fan, supporter, and student.  I don't have this kind of dislike for any of them except Hootie.  Eddie Sutton crawling to KY, Nolan calling the fans racist because he was mad at Frank and suing the University I love, Several of the things Lou said, BP favoring a blonde over the responsibility of being our coach, are all water under the bridge.  Nutt stands out as the singular human being I just don't even care to get over.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

clutch

Man that whole situation should really become a book. There's just so much to it.

If you think about it, you'd be hard pressed to find another university that has as many strange things happen to it. The Nolan situation, the Nutt Fiasco, the Nutt/Gus story, the Petrino scandal. None of it is good stuff, but it sure would all make some interesting reading.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 11, 2016, 03:36:14 pm
I have argued with this man about a lot of stuff over the years, but this post is spot on.

If I were allowed to punch someone in the face without penalty of law one time a year, Nutt would be my default pick until someone else took the mantel for the year.  You only get this kind of grudge when you care about something deeply.  I care about the U of A, I care about the young men that represent the U of A.  Hootie was not good to either of them and actively looked to harm them over his pride.

Judge me for that if you want, it's of no consequence.  There have been countless coaches come and go during my tenure as a Hog fan, supporter, and student.  I don't have this kind of dislike for any of them except Hootie.  Eddie Sutton crawling to KY, Nolan calling the fans racist because he was mad at Frank and suing the University I love, Several of the things Lou said, BP favoring a blonde over the responsibility of being our coach, are all water under the bridge.  Nutt stands out as the singular human being I just don't even care to get over.

Kind of a waste of punches. The world is too full of real monsters, to save that kind of venom for a washed up old has been.

Inhogswetrust

And people like you telling others to seek counseling needs....................counseling. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: clutch on April 11, 2016, 06:33:30 pm
Man that whole situation should really become a book. There's just so much to it.

If you think about it, you'd be hard pressed to find another university that has as many strange things happen to it. The Nolan situation, the Nutt Fiasco, the Nutt/Gus story, the Petrino scandal. None of it is good stuff, but it sure would all make some interesting reading.

I'd bet they all have. At least the one's I'm most familiar with have. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Doug on April 11, 2016, 03:19:51 pm
Before I "educate" all the imbeciles that are telling several of us to "let it go", here's a side note:

Several of us (myself, included) are quite content in letting this go. We were content to let it go after the bastard slinked off to Mississippi (with his buyout). Ole Miss fans wouldn't STFU about it, and we had to hear about it... until Year 3. Then we laughed at them and reminded them, several times, that we tried to tell them that he was a snake oil salesman.

We were far more content in letting it go... until Gus Malzahn, last year, claimed that he and Ole Poop sHootie were BFFs in 2005.

We were content in letting it go until you Nutt huggers reared your ugly heads again, professing your man-love for him. I would be thrilled to death if that fricktard's name never came up on Hogville again.

Since you won't shut up about it, I'm going to go another route... one that 95% of you ignorant bastiges aren't aware of.

When the University of Arkansas (the OLD regime, not the Jeff Long Regime) started threatening several members of the media that were active members of Hogville with loss of access, and started punishing those that had covered the Hogs for a very long time with reduced access, Hogvillians got wind of it, and upped the ante. Reactionary, not proactive, moves.

Several members of the Media continued to post on here... until the Old Regime got downright nasty. They contacted KFSM and told them that unless Mike Irwin was no longer a member of this site, he wouldn't have access to ANY Razorbacks coverage. KFSM took the chicken-sh*t route and banned mike from participating on here.

4029's Mark "Scoop" Lericos was blacklisted from all things Razorback, outright. He ended up having to take another gig, in a different state... and even then didn't have full access. He's no longer in Sports Media.

Our own Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter had to distance himself from Hogville drastically... and even then, Ched didn't have access to everything right out of the gate. Thankfully, the Jeff Long Administration allowed several people to "rebuild" their reputation and regain trust.

That's just THREE people that I am comfortable in speaking of. I won't even mention the crap that Lanny (and I) had to deal with coming from the U of A before the regime change.

Hogville isn't in bed with the Razorbacks now, however, it's no longer a tumultuous relationship. There are some elements of the old regime that will still give us fits from time to time, however, a well placed phone call, email or text message will usually fix that.

As far as I am concerned, personally, I know I was to be a target of their smear campaign... problem is that they couldn't make the connection as to who I worked for, since I did a great job of not connecting the two (Hogville and my now former employer (former being my choice)). They were looking for other ways to come after me and my reputation, especially considering that I was working with Beck Campbell's lawyer over Email gate. Somehow, word got back to them that I was able to trace the infamous "Dear Mr. Interception King" email to Diana Nutt, Danny Nutt's Physical Therapist and that PT's lover (state employee). They got cold feet when they realized that coming after me would do more harm than good.

As I said, we're content in not discussing that mental midget... except when you ignoramuses bring his name up and affix your mouths onto his scrotal regions.

As long as people continue to do that, we will continue to speak the truth and expose as many of your twit huggers as we can.

Some final observations from me... I'm not part of the "Bring CMA down" crowd. Seeing that I am friends with several coaches (at all levels), Media Relations departments (again, at all levels), and several players... I never want to be part of that "take a coach down" crowd. Don't paint ALL Hogvillians with broad strokes... remember... those that are happy generally are quiet. It's the select few that aren't happy that scream the loudest.

I was 100% on board with taking Nutt down. I will continue to voice my concern any time I see that dummy potentially associated with any level of visibility. That being said, I do not ever see myself ever reaching that level (or coming close) with any other coach ever again. I will do what I do best... keep things running smoothly to provide the FANS with a place to voice their thoughts... and speak the truth about any situation I'm allowed to.

I am fortunate enough to have the level of access to several programs that I have now. It's allowed me to get to see the NON Coach / Player / Media Relations / Media Personality side of people... a side that most of you will never get to see. That's come at a price for me, but the end result is beyond fantastic. I get to know (and in some cases, become friends with) some incredibly awesome people.

Don't paint everyone with the same broad strokes you're trying to here.

I stopped reading when you started calling names. Have a nice day sir.

Doug

Quote from: Hardcore HoggyI stopped reading when you started calling names. Have a nice day sir.
Then the loss is your's, not mine. Ciao.
--Doug

ChitownHawg

I learned a long time ago there is a lot of emotion when mentioning HDN.

When all of this was initially breaking I had just returned from Asia after being there for 12 years. To me HDN was a very charming guy from the outside and his rah rah ways were infectious. That is why so many outsiders thought the fans were nuts. No pun intended.

I found this site after reading an article about someone organizing protests against HDN. I found it bizarre that fans would be this aggressive about our coach / our team.

I found it to be disgusting. Then I began to learn more about HDN and came to learn why people were so angry.

I admit having not lived through the mess has made it easy for me to let go of it. Well except the golden parachute which chafes my butt. But I will never chastise anyone who personally went thru the mess for having a hard time letting go.

If you have let go then best to not chastise the ones who have not. They have their reasons and it should be respected.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 12, 2016, 09:58:03 am
I learned a long time ago there is a lot of emotion when mentioning HDN.

When all of this was initially breaking I had just returned from Asia after being there for 12 years. To me HDN was a very charming guy from the outside and his rah rah ways were infectious. That is why so many outsiders thought the fans were nuts. No pun intended.

I found this site after reading an article about someone organizing protests against HDN. I found it bizarre that fans would be this aggressive about our coach / our team.

I found it to be disgusting. Then I began to learn more about HDN and came to learn why people were so angry.

I admit having not lived through the mess has made it easy for me to let go of it. Well except the golden parachute which chafes my butt. But I will never chastise anyone who personally went thru the mess for having a hard time letting go.

If you have let go then best to not chastise the ones who have not. They have their reasons and it should be respected.

Certainly, I have nothing but respect for those who call names b/c someone else disagrees with them.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on April 12, 2016, 10:07:45 am
Certainly, I have nothing but respect for those who call names b/c someone else disagrees with them.

Don't poke the Bear.  ;)