Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU Finishes Spring Ball

Started by HogWildBison2011, April 06, 2016, 03:34:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

micali

Quote from: BRHogfan on April 07, 2016, 10:58:24 am
Well if you go by Vegas, TCU is 35 to 1 odds to win the national championship next year. 

Bama 6/1, Georgia 33/1, Florida 55/1, Auburn 35/1, LSU 12/1, Ole Miss 30/1, Tennessee 14/1, and Miss St. 300/1.

For the record Arkansas is 100/1 and 15 teams have better odds than TCU to win the 2016 national championship game. 

It sounds like you want to play a non top25 P5 team?
Exactly, looks better than the crap teams we played last year. The last few years the teams I mentioned, minus Tenner, have been in the top 25. That's a pretty tough schedule. Why make it that much harder? If we take our non con schedule and replace those teams with teams that are normally top 25 we will never see a national championship let alone an SEC championship. 

STLhawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 07, 2016, 11:50:22 am
Wasn't that the time Lou said, "Welcome to the Lou Holtz Show.  Unfortunately, I'm Lou Holtz?"
That is hilarious!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 07, 2016, 09:06:41 am
I still a bit gun shy since we lost to Texas Tech and Toledo last year.

As any bright Arkansas fans would. Lets try and beat La Tech first. I figure they will give us all we can handle considering what we lost last year and the state of thier program right now. Wouldnt be surprised to see us fighting them for the win in the 4th quarter.

Pork Twain

Quote from: TM Hog on April 06, 2016, 09:37:33 am
I really wished we hadn't scheduled this game.  With our already tough SEC schedule I'm not sure why we did this.
I wish all of our non-conference games were against Texass teams.
Houston
SMU
UTEP
Baylor
Tech
Rice
North Texass
TCU
Texass

Bring em all on...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: atekido on April 06, 2016, 10:22:27 am
You are not a fan of football if you just want to watch cupcake games.

This is a really dumb comment.  I'm a fan of national championships.  We get 2x the number of quality, "fan of football" games by playing in the SEC than any other conference in America, which inversely makes it 2x harder to get to the playoffs.   Keep your eyes on the prize boys.  Schedule smart.

HogMantheIntruder

Keep in mind that we will not be going into this season with the kind of hype that we did last year. This game gives us an opportunity to get noticed/ranked early on in the season, and frankly, we need for the exposure. For those that follow recruiting, you saw the perception of Arkansas take a big step forward with high profile recruits this year, but we just weren't able to close out at the end. The fact is, we were on the cusp of a top ten class.
An early win against a highly ranked TCU team gets us on the national radar immediately (especially in Texas and Oklahoma), puts a number in front of our name, makes all of our games more relevant to the Playoff picture, and gives us a chance at a very special season, all of which will result in a better recruiting class, which will result in more wins next season, which will result in a better recruiting class... I'm guessing you can see where I'm going with this.

So, ya. I'm for it. This game is an early step in our journey to becoming a dynasty.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 06, 2016, 09:49:26 pm
Hope we shut Kenny Hill down. Remember what he did to us in 2014?
He struggled most of the day, some on him, some on his receivers, he got 150+ yards because defenders tripped! barely completed 50% of his passes. Our poor QB play and other mistakes even made this a game. This performance was the beginning of the end of Kenny Trill at aTm IMO. Just think it is revisionist history to think he torched us in some manner.

DeltaBoy

My concern is how well will our O line handle a Gary Patterson designed D.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.