Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Peavey, Wallace and Duwop News

Started by Jason Carroll, April 05, 2016, 10:44:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Mike Irwin breaks down the latest with Rafe Peavey, Brian Wallace and Duwop Mitchell in this written piece in the link below.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/peavey-committed-to-hogs-no-matter-what_

Hawghiggs

bigdaddyhawg

Uh oh ... there is going to be serious wailing and gnashing of teeth over the news about Wallace moving inside.

On a more positive note: will everyone who said that Peavey would be transferring please raise your hand and admit you were wrong!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Arthur pigby sellers.

That's interesting about Duwop.  Coach must feel pretty good about our safety situation to have him move to RB.

bphi11ips

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 06, 2016, 05:49:01 am
Uh oh, will everyone who said that Peavey would be transferring please raise your hand and admit you were wrong!!

When Pigs fly.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DeltaBoy

Good read I am proud of a kid that sticks it out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

b_stackhouse

Solid read. Although, I'm fairly certain Peavey never won a state championship at Bolivar.

SWMO_HOG

You are correct.  I don't think Bolivar ever made it past the quarterfinals.

Pork Twain

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/rafe-peavey/

Bolivar won 12 consecutive games in 2013, including an 11th straight Central Ozark Conference championship and the Missouri Class 4, District 7 title ... The Liberators were the first team to go 12-0 in school history, and the quarterfinals were the farthest the team had advanced in 11 years ...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pigsknuckles

Uh oh ... there is going to be serious wailing and gnashing of teeth over the news about Wallace moving inside.

On a more positive note: will everyone who said that Peavey would be transferring please raise your hand and admit you were wrong!!

OK, my hand is up, but you can't blame anyone here for speculation with the memory of Brandon Mitchell still fresh.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on April 07, 2016, 07:06:50 am
OK, my hand is up, but you can't blame anyone here for speculation with the memory of Brandon Mitchell still fresh.

Oh, yes I can. 

It's like some group of people you don't know, who don't know you or anything about you, sitting around theorizing that your wife is going to leave you at any time.  In a public venue.  In front of thousands of people.

I doubt you'd think that was okay.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on April 07, 2016, 07:06:50 am

Who?

Brandon was never a Hog the way Rafe has been.

King Kong

Why would someone be upset about putting the 5 best Olineman on the field?

b_stackhouse

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 07, 2016, 06:31:21 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/rafe-peavey/

Bolivar won 12 consecutive games in 2013, including an 11th straight Central Ozark Conference championship and the Missouri Class 4, District 7 title ... The Liberators were the first team to go 12-0 in school history, and the quarterfinals were the farthest the team had advanced in 11 years ...

They had a great season, no doubt.

It is important to note that the Central Ozark Conference (COC) is split into two divisions. The COC Large and the COC Small. Bolivar is in the COC Small. They are one of the biggest schools in the COC Small as well. For comparison, Webb City is in the same class as Bolivar (Class 4), and they play in the COC Large.

Bolivar lost to Liberty North in the quarterfinals that year.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: King Kong on April 07, 2016, 07:31:47 am

Come on, friend.  Don't you know by know these guys on Hogville know better than the professional coaching staff the UA has assembled.

Geesh.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 07, 2016, 07:30:42 am
Who?

Brandon was never a Hog the way Rafe has been.

Bad move.  Just terrible move there.

Pork Twain

So you are saying you are new to Hogville?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pigsknuckles

Wow...MMQB just turned into a circular firing squad. I think it might be safer in Jump Ball.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Grizzlyfan

I don't think that's the thing most people are concerned about.  Personally it's the fact that we seem to be trying to fill 5 spots with 3 players.  No depth and no one you trust enough to plug in and let Wallace (in this instance) stay at his position.  And then add in moving players from one defense to offense, or vice-versa, for the same reasons.

root_hawg

I'll raise my hand as one who said Rafe never starts at QB