Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duwop the RB

Started by lookawayquick, April 05, 2016, 08:36:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 06, 2016, 09:42:57 pm
And all this time I thought it was the sound that Italian tires make when dago flat.

Rimshot
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ARtillahog on April 06, 2016, 01:29:55 pm
I didn't know either, I decided to be lazy and not use Google.  However, judging by the context clues, yes.  I thought, "Good Lord!  Everything is racists these days!"  And then the following comments, made me chuckle and have hope for the future.

From what I understand, wop stands for With Out Papers.

Apparently, at some point in the past, there was a certain amount of shame involved with sneaking into the country.

Strange.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

lookawayquick

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.......can Duwop be taught to run with some lean?  Needs a little downhill in his game.  He gets that going, he could be a big plus this year. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: lookawayquick on April 06, 2016, 09:58:03 pm
And now back to our regularly scheduled program.......can Duwop be taught to run with some lean?  Needs a little downhill in his game.  He gets that going, he could be a big plus this year. 

I'm sure he will continue to progress and refine. We have an assistant coach whose duties are devoted to exactly that purpose after all.

hhicNaychaBoi

ChitownHawg

And all this time I thought it was the sound that Italian tires make when dago flat.

Ooh that is a bad one.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lookawayquick on April 06, 2016, 09:58:03 pm

The staff has already indicated that he is doing that very thing. According to what I have read and heard, he has some "shake and bake" to make opponents miss and he prefers to deliver a hit while running with the ball as opposed to just taking a hit. That might be that "lean" that you are talking about. We will know more after Saturday.
Go Hogs Go!

hawg IQ

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on April 05, 2016, 11:11:27 pm
Let's be real then. Tell me what your post has to do with Duwop the RB?

nothing other than opinion, must be the season, probably belongs in vents and rumors...
go hogs go !

hawg IQ

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on April 05, 2016, 11:11:27 pm
Let's be real then. Tell me what your post has to do with Duwop the RB?

Oh someone was explaining "wop" not really being racist...poor response on my part. I like Duwop and think he will be a great running back this fall.
go hogs go !

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2016, 06:26:26 am
The staff has already indicated that he is doing that very thing. According to what I have read and heard, he has some "shake and bake" to make opponents miss and he prefers to deliver a hit while running with the ball as opposed to just taking a hit. That might be that "lean" that you are talking about. We will know more after Saturday.

I agree. I think the very fact he hit the hole, made a cut back, ran 35 yards, and then at the end of the run aggressively attacked a safety known for hard hits - is enough for me to believe he has the attitude for an RB. Overcoming fear will not be a problem.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

hawg IQ

Quote from: RazorbackBurger numba foe on April 06, 2016, 01:07:28 pm
Solid choice on your user name, you do seem to have the IQ of a pig.
you gotta be a protester... when all else fails start belittling somebody's name...I take the IQ of being a Razorback fan. Now get back under your rock burger...
go hogs go !

hawg IQ

Quote from: ChitownHawg on April 07, 2016, 07:48:30 am
I agree. I think the very fact he hit the hole, made a cut back, ran 35 yards, and then at the end of the run aggressively attacked a safety known for hard hits - is enough for me to believe he has the attitude for an RB. Overcoming fear will not be a problem.
He seems like he can make running back happen to me too!
go hogs go !

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorbackBurger numba foe on April 06, 2016, 01:07:28 pm
Solid choice on your user name, you do seem to have the IQ of a pig.

How's that glass house working out for you numba foe?  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawg IQ on April 07, 2016, 07:55:12 am
He seems like he can make running back happen to me too!

He seems like a good young man and has maintained a positive attitude considering little has worked his way. You have to root for this guy.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hawg IQ on April 05, 2016, 10:33:30 pm
Exactly the problem..first amendment right, nobody say you have to be right, its just you have the right to say $h7t, it could be wrong. It is not racist ! Its like you can have an opinion, just not to underscore another person...If the intent is to hurt...its wrong !? if the intent is to invoke an opinion, well you have that right. Listen do we not all realize surely by now , political correctness is just wrong and it really serves no purpose at all...other than being a whole lot of BS, that we all know as...just BS. Like if we're just saying to please someone and not offend because of a pre determined knowledge of how they believe..how hypocritical can you be ?? Let go back to being real in my opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree.  PC is killing this country.  We are all different either by color, personality, talent or what ever but we can all WORK together each pulling his own weight in different ways to make this country great again. 

The whole key is working together.  We have too many who have given up.   Lets speak our minds in honesty not in anger but in helping to pick those in need up.

PorkRinds

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 07, 2016, 08:04:31 am
I totally agree.  PC is killing this country.  We are all different either by color, personality, talent or what ever but we can all WORK together each pulling his own weight in different ways to make this country great again. 

The whole key is working together.  We have too many who have given up.   Lets speak our minds in honesty not in anger but in helping to pick those in need up.

Since we are speaking our minds In honesty, the idea that PC is actually killing the country is absolutely dumb.  There are plenty of things that are, but PC isn't one of them.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 07, 2016, 06:26:26 am

At his weight and statue I wonder if he can survive the SEC schedule if he likes to deliver the hits on those big guys on defense??    I love that he has some wiggle in his style.  Can he be our big play man?

hawg IQ

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 07, 2016, 08:27:24 am
Since we are speaking our minds In honesty, the idea that PC is actually killing the country is absolutely dumb.  There are plenty of things that are, but PC isn't one of them.
Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 07, 2016, 08:04:31 am

Well a lot of folks on here say and believe differently, but yes PC is over used in many instances. But much talk about these opines just open up a can of worms and probably belong in political forum.

The post was about Duwop the running back and all, so I was trying to get back to subject, but thank you for your post.
go hogs go !

JIHawg

Before I get on the bandwagon, somebody tell me this is real and not just coaches blowing smoke because everybody likes him.

HogsRule1

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 05, 2016, 10:52:44 pm
I think he can be solid there, perhaps even good. But I don't think he'll be great. I thought from HS his highest ceiling was at safety and coach said as much when he switched from qb but refused to leave the offensive side as well. I think he will have the classic athlete trying to play rb look to him. Not somebody born to play rb with the key instincts of a rb, but somebody who is fast and athletic enough to get by at the position regardless.
He actually asked Coach B if he should be a Safety or Running Back before bowl practices and Coach B told him that he felt as if he should give RB a try.

BRHogfan

Quote from: HogsRule1 on April 07, 2016, 10:31:13 am
He actually asked Coach B if he should be a Safety or Running Back before bowl practices and Coach B told him that he felt as if he should give RB a try.

Yes, but that was based on the depth chart.

KlubhouseKonnected

Biggus Piggus

Groan
[CENSORED]!

tophawg19

Quote from: BRHogfan on April 07, 2016, 10:50:40 am
Yes, but that was based on the depth chart.
more based on his ability to move with the ball in his hands . and his understanding of the offense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BRHogfan

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 07, 2016, 12:52:44 pm
more based on his ability to move with the ball in his hands . and his understanding of the offense

Quote"I went to coach B before spring practice had started and I asked him, can I move to running back or safety? Either one, I wanted to go out and compete for the job," Mitchell recalled. "He told me the best move depth chart-wise was running back."

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/peavey-committed-to-hogs-no-matter-what_

reddogjcss

I think Duwop will be a very good running back, great young man, great attitude and wish him nothing but the best.

DeltaBoy

Fast kid and gives 110% effort.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.