Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckleberry Pig

Today's card:

Michigan  pk / 2 units
UNC -5.5 / 3 units
Clemson -16.5 / 3 units
UCLA +3.5 / 2 units
Notre Dame +3.5 / 4 units
Louisville -5 / 4 units
Florida State -2.5 / 6 units

Parlay tailing Jeff / 4 units to win 13 units:
Louisville -5
Florida State -2.5
Notre Dame +3.5

SPAL

November 28, 2015, 10:18:11 am #9251 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:04:03 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Memphis -21.....W
Michigan state -7....W

Huckleberry Pig

StuartDavin

If any of you guys are with 5dimes, are you having issues with the site this morning?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 28, 2015, 10:17:34 am
Today's card:

Michigan  pk / 2 units
UNC -5.5 / 3 units
Clemson -16.5 / 3 units
UCLA +3.5 / 2 units
Notre Dame +3.5 / 4 units
Louisville -5 / 4 units
Florida State -2.5 / 6 units

Parlay tailing Jeff / 4 units to win 13 units:
Louisville -5
Florida State -2.5
Notre Dame +3.5

Have a three teamer just like that.
Also a four teamer like that plus USC -3
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 28, 2015, 11:29:02 am
Friggin Louisville

I had the under but am just not getting on so can't post it.  Louisville is just giving points away.

ChicoHog

At the beginning of the year I took Louisville for an "over 7.5" win total. I thought they would be pretty good this year and lose to FSU, Clemson and maybe one other game.  Very disappointing season for them.  Of course I took them today also. 

Huckleberry Pig

Louisville! Hope they hold on, lost on Michigan (that was dumb) and Clemson

StuartDavin

Unless something absolutely crazy happens in the final 4 minutes, Louisville is going to end up covering. Wow

WinnerWinner

SPAL

November 28, 2015, 04:21:12 pm #9262 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:16:57 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Adding cal -3...W

Huckleberry Pig

widespreadsooie

SPAL

November 28, 2015, 06:11:35 pm #9265 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:07:12 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
Fla state -3....W

14-16 NFL picks
40-20 NCAAF
2-5 NCAAB

Updated record to include 2-0 Saturday.

onebadrubi

*** stanford a coach played that entire quarter not to lose.  He did end up winning but could have EASILY a covered and should have.  4th quarter scores to go up 5 then chooses the EP instead of going for two and goes up 6.  Game winning FG should have pushed damnit. 

SPAL

Already counting the cal as a loss....so 3-1 Saturday, record updated to indicate

Huckleberry Pig

Fun night here, will update tomorrow! Thank you FSU, Louisville, and Norte dame...

And Jeff.  Though I loved FSU from the beginning but mostly Jeff here.  Great night!

campushog23

Had a great holiday weekend, 4-1 in college and 1-0 in the NFL. I guess I should have started posting my picks in here earlier in the season.
Today's plays:
Houston -3
Jets -4
May add Denver +3 later, can't quite pull the trigger on it yet. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

Quote from: WinnerWinner on November 28, 2015, 02:42:54 pm
They came through... Good luck on the rest of your plays Jeff

Thanks man.  Ended up being a monster day.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 29, 2015, 12:17:41 am
Fun night here, will update tomorrow! Thank you FSU, Louisville, and Norte dame...

And Jeff.  Though I loved FSU from the beginning but mostly Jeff here.  Great night!

It really was a great night.  Hit my three big plays along with three teamer and 4 teamer. 
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Yesterday's card:

Michigan  pk / 2 units - L
UNC -5.5 / 3 units - W     
Clemson -16.5 / 3 units - L
UCLA +3.5 / 2 units - L
Notre Dame +3.5 / 4 units - W
Louisville -5 / 4 units - W
Florida State -2.5 / 14 units - W

4-3 SU for +18 units - that Florida state game really paid off for me, when that line stayed at -2.5 I had to put the extra 8units in it.  if anyone has watched Florida the last three weeks you had to know they wouldn't score more than 10.

And WON 16 units on my 4 unit Parlay of:
Louisville -5
Florida State -2.5
Notre Dame +3.5

Ended up +34 units on the day

Huckleberry Pig

Overall Record:
7-6 for +19 units

Have done very well on my big bets, need to lay off the volume and focus on my big plays going forward.

Also, Not going to count parlays or winnings from them.  Those are more like winning a scratch off lol.  that last one does help the bank roll going forward though. 

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

Today taking:
Cardinals -9 / 5 units
Rams +9.5 / 4 units

1 unit parlay to win 9 units:
Cardinals -9
Vikings +2.5
Rams +9.5

DadVader1

Looks like a very good week for a LOT of us. My best week this season at 10-1 for +24 units (not counting the 3-0 tailing Jeff), making it 89-58-1 for +55 units ytd (& a bottom line at better than a 6x return with some off the record help from Jeff's dime plays).

Thanks also to Jeff & congrats for once again hitting all of your dime plays! Tailing your dime plays has been VERY good for my bankroll.

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 29, 2015, 10:11:12 am
Looks like a very good week for a LOT of us. My best week this season at 10-1 for +24 units (not counting the 3-0 tailing Jeff), making it 89-58-1 for +55 units ytd (& a bottom line at better than a 6x return with some off the record help from Jeff's dime plays).

Thanks also to Jeff & congrats for once again hitting all of your dime plays! Tailing your dime plays has been VERY good for my bankroll.

You bet buddy.  Just hope I keep hitting them.

You have a great season going and your trends seem to be playing out very well.
Let's make some waves.

Today is one of the worst looking cards I've seen in a while.

Rams +9.5 / 5 units. That line is just begging us to take the points.  Scares the hell out if me, but betting it anyway.

Steelers +3 / 2 units
Vikings +2 / 2 units
Giants -1.5 / 2 units
Bills +4 / 2 units

Rams, Steelers, G-Men three team parlay
Same plus Buffalo four team parlay.

Both parlays half unit.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

The trend that was 51-10 went 4-1, so stands at 55-11 ytd, just over 83% with 66 occurrences . Wish I had found it sooner. I plan to do some off season digging into the numbers from the last few seasons to see if I can find trends like that earlier in future seasons.

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 29, 2015, 09:58:22 am
Today taking:
Cardinals -9 / 5 units
Rams +9.5 / 4 units

1 unit parlay to win 9 units:
Cardinals -9
Vikings +2.5
Rams +9.5

Uh oh.  We like pretty much the same thing. Really good sign? Or really bad sign ?  :)

Hope you hit them all. 

Only one you have I didn't play was the Cardinals game.  I didn't know what to do with that so left it alone.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: DadVader1 on November 29, 2015, 10:29:58 am
The trend that was 51-10 went 4-1, so stands at 55-11 ytd, just over 83% with 66 occurrences . Wish I had found it sooner. I plan to do some off season digging into the numbers from the last few seasons to see if I can find trends like that earlier in future seasons.

That's pretty strong.  Imagine it's kinda tough early in the season with different players and such.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

I can't believe that NYG line is moving in favor of the Giants.  I loved it at -3 and now it's at PK, so something is going on. 

onebadrubi

Vikins +2
Cinnci -10
Giants -1
Jags -4 (Bought 1)
Cards -7 (bought 1)

All flat bet risking the same amount.

Small parlay
Tamp/Colts Over
Giants/Skins Over
Bills/Chiefs Over
Miami +4
1 paying 6.7

Adding another single play on the Bills Chiefs Over

WILL CLINTON

November 29, 2015, 02:14:26 pm #9284 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:03:26 am by WILL CLINTON
Tulsa -7 W
Washington -7.5 (very small) W
Iowa -3 (very small) W
Duke -4 W
Ohio St -1 W
Memphis -21 W
UNC -4 W

7-0 on the week. I'll take it any time. Puts me at 46-36-4 for the year.

Lots of good weeks in here, congrats to everyone who is collecting rather than being collected this week. Ready for bowl season.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Zona -8 / 1 unit
Steelers Seachunks over 46.5 / 2 units
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Dang it Rams.  9.5 is a ton in the NFL and the Rams have a good D, thought they could keep it close.  Don't know why I do NFL, don't have near the feel for it that I do college

onebadrubi

A little late but just entered these

Arizona -6 first half
Arizona team total over 27.5
Also had arizona -7 from earlier (did not wager again)

Pitt over 21
Pitt over 1h O 10
Pitt/seattle O 47

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 29, 2015, 02:47:21 pm
Dang it Rams.  9.5 is a ton in the NFL and the Rams have a good D, thought they could keep it close.  Don't know why I do NFL, don't have near the feel for it that I do college

Shot themselves in the dong too much early.
Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 29, 2015, 03:27:31 pm
A little late but just entered these

Arizona -6 first half
Arizona team total over 27.5
Also had arizona -7 from earlier (did not wager again)

Pitt over 21
Pitt over 1h O 10
Pitt/seattle O 47

i had az at =6 for 1st half too, so of course they gave up a fg at the gun.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

widespreadsooie

2-5 this week bringing me to 38-43 YTD. Haven't been able to pick my own nose these past three weeks going 6-12 over that stretch. Lost on MN, UT St., Sip St., FL, and MIC. Won on SC and LSU.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 29, 2015, 05:21:14 pm
i had az at =6 for 1st half too, so of course they gave up a fg at the gun.

Man Arizona just wants to lose this game. Shank PAT for my possible push and now that's hosed.  I've got to quit loading up on a game I really like like this one.  Poor money management at its finest coming back to kick me where the good lord split me

onebadrubi

What's everyone's thought on Brady tonight. Only -2.5, snowi and cold for denver QB.  Brady is missing amendola but still has lafell and gronk among others.  Denver D is not getting as much pressure since Demarcus ware has been out. 

Leaning to drop my winning on the overage of the steelers/sea chickens overs and split it out half on Brady first half -.5 and brady -2.5 for game.

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 29, 2015, 06:29:07 pm
What's everyone's thought on Brady tonight. Only -2.5, snowi and cold for denver QB.  Brady is missing amendola but still has lafell and gronk among others.  Denver D is not getting as much pressure since Demarcus ware has been out. 

Leaning to drop my winning on the overage of the steelers/sea chickens overs and split it out half on Brady first half -.5 and brady -2.5 for game.

NE probably does what the have all year, just enough to win. I am taking them -.5 in 1st half and 3rd q ov 23 for te game and -2.5 for the game.  But not putting much on any of it. Hit a nice 3 team college bb parlay earlier and not about to give it all back.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChicoHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 29, 2015, 06:29:07 pm

Only NFL game I bet today and felt pretty good when it was 21-7.  Even thought I had a chance when it went into OT.  But Noooooooooooooo.  Friggin' Broncos night I guess. 

onebadrubi

Some very questionable calls down the stretch and that seems to be a common occurrence now in the NFL, which sad.  Should not have been Off PI on gronk and that hold was weak for late in a close game that could have meaning come playoff time.

Huckleberry Pig

0-2 and lost 10units.

Done giving $ back with NFL.  Strictly college from now on unless I tail one of y'all.

Overall:
7-8  for +9 units

hogsanity

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 30, 2015, 07:32:58 am
0-2 and lost 10units.

Done giving $ back with NFL.  Strictly college from now on unless I tail one of y'all.

Overall:
7-8  for +9 units

I've done better with college basketball than nfl, and college basketball is just plain weird.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 29, 2015, 11:39:14 pm
Some very questionable calls down the stretch and that seems to be a common occurrence now in the NFL, which sad.  Should not have been Off PI on gronk and that hold was weak for late in a close game that could have meaning come playoff time.

You could tell Brady knew they were getting the screw job late in the 4th.

NFL loves controversy.

Let's make some waves.