Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Morgan from Greenwood

Started by dacskc, October 19, 2012, 11:19:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dacskc

Is there no interest from the hill for him? Is it his size?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

dacskc

Just wondering. I watched the Greenwood/SS game that was streamed tonight and he was the best player on the field and it wasn't close. He really isn't any smaller than J Wright. I was surprised at the score, TBH. Oh well, I guess they know what they're doing.

yraciv

Gus is getting a good one. Just like Freddie Knighton last year, these guys make plays and can succeed in his offense.  I'm not sure he is any better than Spencer Harris or Lucas Miller, and those guys had prototypical SEC size, and they were nothing but average in a major conference.

fullfan

Long....long way to go but you could make the Wes Welker comparison.   Not sure of 40 time but quick step and burst.

The Recruiting Guy

Hard to ignore his play this season. I think Drew's options will grow.

the_kosher_pig

If Arkansas didn't Greg Washington from Nashville in the 90's I'm not surprised at all when they look over any small receivers. lol
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Seminole Indian

October 23, 2012, 06:57:57 pm #7 Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:02:19 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 22, 2012, 09:36:51 am
Hard to ignore his play this season. I think Drew's options will grow.
Yes, but that does not mean he will flip his commit, as you seem to imply.

I guess you want Otis Kirks job as the next Arkansas homer recruiting guru. Your nose is the right color, and really you are about as smart, so good to go there.

I would say you have a bright future 'giving the people what the people want". Well except those that want to finish above #3 in the SEC West, but that really is not a homers problem is it.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 23, 2012, 06:57:57 pm

I guess you want Otis Kirks job as the next Arkansas homer recruiting guru. Your nose is the right color, and really you are about as smart, so good to go there.

Like to read a lot into every post? I think Richard's comment was that several schools would be making offers. Why don't you go see what Luke has to say on ASU's recruiting.

TomasPistola

I would say you have a bright future 'giving the people what the people want". Well except those that want to finish above #3 in the SEC West, but that really is not a homers problem is it.

Didn't look like implied a damn thing except that his options would grow due to his performance.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The Golfer

i think its more likely a numbers game for him...they need o-line and d-line help with the last few spots!!!!

mmhogs17

I've seen him play the past two years over here in Oklahoma. He's the real deal, little small, but he will be very productive with Gus.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Where in that post does it say UA is an option for Morgan? And 3rd in the sec West is WAY better than 1st in the Sun Belt...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

redswarmrising

uh this is a RAZORBACKS board,so being a razborback homer is ok here.go to ASU's board if you're looking for ASU homers

NazorbackRation

Richard was right his options should grow. I live in greenwood and Drew is the next best athlete I've seen play for the bulldogs besides T Will. He is slightly undersized but a very gifted natural athlete with amazing play making ability. His numbers this season are ridiculous. I hope Arkansas gives him a chance to shine in college. 

I feel like his junior year highlights never did get enough love so I'm going to go ahead and post them again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUnht9jm_I

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

he is one of the best off/def players i have seen in along time..   def he reminds me alot of AJ Turner..  They played diff positions but the way the attack the ball carrier is off the charts.. 

jmcdonald725

November 01, 2012, 02:57:22 pm #16 Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:03:48 pm by jmcdonald725
Quote from: NazorbackRation on October 25, 2012, 07:56:38 pm
Richard was right his options should grow. I live in greenwood and Drew is the next best athlete I've seen play for the bulldogs besides T Will. He is slightly undersized but a very gifted natural athlete with amazing play making ability. His numbers this season are ridiculous. I hope Arkansas gives him a chance to shine in college. 

I feel like his junior year highlights never did get enough love so I'm going to go ahead and post them again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUnht9jm_I

Your whole post is spot on except for "Drew is the next best athlete I've seen play for the bulldogs besides T Will." No doubt T. Wilson can throw the rock, but he'll be the first to tell you he's not the best athlete in the world. In my opinion Drew Morgan shows the superior type of athleticism as did Josh Bell and Daniel Stegall (if we're comparing him to previous Greenwood athletes).

yraciv

November 01, 2012, 08:12:32 pm #17 Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:10:01 pm by yraciv
Quote from: jmcdonald725 on November 01, 2012, 02:57:22 pm
Your whole post is spot on except for "Drew is the next best athlete I've seen play for the bulldogs besides T Will." No doubt T. Wilson can throw the rock, but he'll be the first to tell you he's not the best athlete in the world. In my opinion Drew Morgan shows the superior type of athleticism as did Josh Bell and Daniel Stegall (if we're comparing him to previous Greenwood athletes).

Greenwood has had their handful of athletes, but I'd definitely put Tyler right up there.  He was quite the basketball player before he gave that up, and was a dominant baseball player as well. Same goes for Lucas Miller who I'm pretty sure helped a team win some intramural basketball championships up at U of A and did it all at Greenwood.  Stegall was the best baseball prospect and quicker than the other two, so he had that going for him, obviously a great quarterback, but I don't remember him ever sticking out to me in another sport.  I honestly have no idea what other sports Morgan or Spencer Harris played in there time at GHS, kind of lost touch, but they'd have to be pretty good to get on the others level.  Always heard Josh Bell was a good one, but he was a little before my time.

The Boar War

He's a good receiver but I like his defensive highlights.

Nosboar Accubond

wow... paranoid much?

CDBHawg

songofthesword

this is a kid we offer 2-3 years ago but under the 25 cap we can't.  Kenneth Dixon last year same deal

CDBHawg

Quote from: songofthesword on November 03, 2012, 08:31:13 pm
this is a kid we offer 2-3 years ago but under the 25 cap we can't.  Kenneth Dixon last year same deal

Mistake if we don't sign him. As was Dixon.

songofthesword

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 03, 2012, 08:32:29 pm
Mistake if we don't sign him. As was Dixon.

dixon is good, but all three of our runnig backs are pretty freaking good.  i wouldn't say it was a mistake. i wouldn't take dixon over any of the three we signed.

CDBHawg

Quote from: songofthesword on November 03, 2012, 08:47:55 pm
dixon is good, but all three of our runnig backs are pretty freaking good.  i wouldn't say it was a mistake. i wouldn't take dixon over any of the three we signed.

Take him with them.

songofthesword

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 03, 2012, 08:48:34 pm
Take him with them.
and this is why you post on hogville lol

you can't take 4 running backs in the SEC with a hard 25 cap.   with in mind we were recruiting tenpenny this year and we had walker on the team already, no chance. 

the only in state kid i wanted last year that we did not offer was the A state left tackle that they got. i think we should have offered him, but in the end we ended up getting mckay and dean and both of those are going to work

CDBHawg

Quote from: songofthesword on November 03, 2012, 08:51:49 pm
and this is why you post on hogville lol

you can't take 4 running backs in the SEC with a hard 25 cap.   with in mind we were recruiting tenpenny this year and we had walker on the team already, no chance. 

the only in state kid i wanted last year that we did not offer was the A state left tackle that they got. i think we should have offered him, but in the end we ended up getting mckay and dean and both of those are going to work

Would've taken him man, that's all I'm saying. Arkansas kid, great motor, great athlete. Would've been a proud Razorback.

the_kosher_pig

Dixon didn't HAVE to be a running back.  Although he would have probably been a great utility player. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

We know nothing about the Roberts kid we signed b/c he is redshirting..  The thing with Dixon that we do know is that he is about to break the all time td record by a freshman running back and Marshall Faulk has it.. 

Morgan is a playmaker and a kinda of player that BP loved..  If you can put 25 pounds on him like they did with AJ Turner then he would be a better player than he is now and he is pretty salty now

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 05, 2012, 04:23:41 pm
We know nothing about the Roberts kid we signed b/c he is redshirting..  The thing with Dixon that we do know is that he is about to break the all time td record by a freshman running back and Marshall Faulk has it.. 

Morgan is a playmaker and a kinda of player that BP loved..  If you can put 25 pounds on him like they did with AJ Turner then he would be a better player than he is now and he is pretty salty now
Except Morgan doesn't have the frame to put on 25 pounds. And yes he is a similar to Turner in that he is a playmaker but Turner is on another level athletically.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"