Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why I feel Stupid...Must read this...

Started by DanTheHogFan, September 11, 2005, 08:50:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DanTheHogFan

I feel stupid because I am about to argue a point to all of you, and it really won't have an effect on any of you that don't agree with me.  But I am stupid...so I am going to do it anyway.

Arkansas fans have become a bunch of complaining, crying, and overly judgemental hypocrites.  This week I am embarrassed to be a Hog Fan.  NOT BECAUSE we were beaten by Vanderbilt, but because of the behavior of our fans towards the Vanderbilt players and the referees.

All of you who are overly critical need to gain some perspective in your lives.  You are all a bunch of Second-Guessing Morons who couldn't hold a candle to Houston's knowledge of Football and motivation.  You have all been complaining about people who were better than you since grade school and are just trying to feel better about yourself by making others look bad. 

You know I am right.  But I cant wait to hear how this is not the case.  Ok...Here is what you'll say.  You will point out all of the "mistakes" Nutt made and say it should have been done differently.  NO JOKE!  NUTT IS SAYING THAT TOO. 

I could go deeper into this, but you idiots are not worth it.  If you dont like what is going on at Arkansas...stop supporting the Hogs.  They will get along without you.  But when they do finally have good years, don't talk about how much of a "die-hard" fan you are. 

We knew it was going to be a bad year.  We are breaking in a sophomore QB.  SOPHOMORE RB's and Freshmen RB's...Sophomore WR's... WE ARE YOUNG AND WE ARE IN THE SEC!

Vanderbilt is a veteran team and they were lucky to beat us.  But Vanderbilt will win some more games this year too.  The season is not over, but for some of you idiots...I would welcome you to quit and go support Texas.

hogsgrl09

i agree with ya Dan....

but its just we were a bit dissapointed even though we sort of expected it.
i do get caught up in the moment sometimes and not act like a tru fan and i appologize.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

money

We are in the SEC with tremendous facilities to recruit. 

We should not be breaking in a sophomore QB.  We should have a good one every year but we can't get one to come here that is good every year.  Every year, Fla, Fla State, Miami, TX, Tenn, all have a quality quarterback in their class every year.  We have no good receivers every year for the same reason.  I wouldn't go to Arkansas if I was a receiver.  You go to one of the aforementioned schools and you get a shot at the NFL.

We should not be in this situations period.  We should be rock solid in the 8th year of the Nutt regime.  I have no problem with Houston personally but the program SHOULD be in great shape.

NuttsSacked

Don't sell yourself short.  You are stupid.  Nutt's hindsight doesn't make him a good coach.

DanTheHogFan

your expectations are left up to you.  dont believe everything you hear.  Didnt you learn anything growing up?

HighOnHogs

We are Arkansas!  We don't lose to teams like Vanderbilt.  Or do we?

rzrbacknTX

You're right Dan....you're stupid.  Complaining and whining about losing to Vanderbilt is the right of every fan whose sent their money and support to the hill.  It would be different if we were graduating all our players and Nutt ran a stand up program. Instead, we get mediocrity on the field, which I can live with, but not mediocrity and excuses and poor graduation rates and drug busts and DWI's.  Your standards are embarrisingly low Dan. 

DanTheHogFan

i didnt say Nutt hung the moon.  I said you are all idiots who complain about everything.  You were all complaining that Nutt couldnt land Mustain...then he commits here...and you find something else to "fire" him over.  Your expectations are changing daily, so who cares if you are satisfied? 

Jaison Black

Quote from: money on September 11, 2005, 08:55:16 pm

We should not be breaking in a sophomore QB. We should have a good one every year but we can't get one to come here that is good every year. Every year, Fla, Fla State, Miami, TX, Tenn, all have a quality quarterback in their class every year. We have no good receivers every year for the same reason. I wouldn't go to Arkansas if I was a receiver. You go to one of the aforementioned schools and you get a shot at the NFL.

We should not be in this situations period. We should be rock solid in the 8th year of the Nutt regime. I have no problem with Houston personally but the program SHOULD be in great shape.

Fla st., Miami and OU all started freshmen genius.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

NuttsSacked

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 08:58:57 pm
Your expectations are changing daily, so who cares if you are satisfied?

Obviously you do.

Jaison Black

Quote from: HoopHog on September 11, 2005, 09:01:09 pm
Nothing like the deep, introspective wisdom of a worldly wise 27 year old. I'll send all of my tear stained receipts from this past week's expenses to your refund center. You are lying through your crooked teeth if you deny that you had Arkansas by more than a couple of touchdowns prior to Saturday's game. You hypocrite.

So because you are older than 27, you are wiser than a 27 year old? I try to give respect tomy elsers but you make it hard to do that when you make asinine comments like that.

Older does not make wiser. More experienced in certain things maybe but wiser no.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

HogHeathen

Dan...your stupid!  And I bet you don't give money to the foundation or hold 6 season tickets such as I have for the last 15 years!!!

Nutt_Hate_Me

This is not Nutt's 3rd 4th or 5th year,  this is his 8th,  he should have by now a solid plan to cover attrition so that there is never a huge drop off from one year to the next.  All teams have problems replacing the superstars like Matt Jones but you can still do a better job preparing for it.  2 years ago for example Nutt knew he would have MJ for 2 more years and that's it.  Last year he knew he would have Matt for 1 more year and that's it.  Was he really prepared for losing Matt?  It's not like MJ was a junior and then got hurt in fall practice and was out for the year.

You have to feel bad for programs like USC they lost Carson Palmer and all they had to fall back on was Matt Leinart, wait not a good example.

You have to feel bad for programs like Tenn. when they lost Peyton, what happened the next damn year oh wait they won the MNC.

You have to feel bad for Marshall when they lost Chad Pennington and had to replace him with Byron Leftwich.

Or Texas Tech when they lost Kingsbury, Symons, Cumbie.

Also there may have been some classless fans but I don't think that many.  I let Vandy enjoy their moment even clapped for them on the way out.  They did what they had to do to win.  Hats off.  The Refs didn't lose the game for us, the hogs did.  But that being said the refs did suck and deserved all the heat they got.
It's great to be home.

Macgyver_Hawg

I'm embarrassed you're a Hog Fan too, Dan.

Soylent Green is made out of people yet you still insist on eating it.

DanTheHogFan

I seem to have angered you HoopHOG...but think about this one.  I don't lie...I am actually a minister:i guess some of them might ie...i have 3 crooked teeth though...and I knew we had a good shot at losing this weekend.

If you had expectations of a 7,8,or 9 win season, then you set yourself up for disappointment.  Did you even scout the Vandy team before the game, or did you just hear the name Vanderbilt? 

rathog1

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 08:50:38 pm
I feel stupid

You should
I would welcome you to quit and go support Texas.

Why do these losers always say this? We're the real fans here.
Why don't you go with Nutt when he leaves
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

hangfifty

I am a die-hard hog fan, and that is the reason why I have to pull my support for the head coach. Not the program, the head coach.

money

Quote from: Razr on September 11, 2005, 09:01:27 pm

We should not be breaking in a sophomore QB. We should have a good one every year but we can't get one to come here that is good every year. Every year, Fla, Fla State, Miami, TX, Tenn, all have a quality quarterback in their class every year. We have no good receivers every year for the same reason. I wouldn't go to Arkansas if I was a receiver. You go to one of the aforementioned schools and you get a shot at the NFL.

We should not be in this situations period. We should be rock solid in the 8th year of the Nutt regime. I have no problem with Houston personally but the program SHOULD be in great shape.

I didn't say OU, genius.

Stick to the point.  I'm not sure our sophomore quarterback compares well to some of the others around the country.

HogHeathen

Ministers have lied Dan.  Don't excuse yourself from ever telling a lie.

DanTheHogFan

do  you think OU should fire stoops?  TCU?  they got beat by SMU....

HogHeathen

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 09:08:42 pm
do you think OU should fire stoops? TCU? they got beat by SMU....

Apples to Oranges Dan

DanTheHogFan

i acknowledge some have lied...but you have not answered my question...Would your life be better if the Hogs won the National Championship? 

HogHeathen

Man, you are stupid.  I'm going to another respectable thread..

DanTheHogFan

listen...I had fun talking it up with you all... my wife says I gotta go.  So .... wooooo pig

Jaison Black

I know you didn't say OU, i added that one in there as a quality proram.

One of your points was that quality programs never had to break in a new qb, i just gave you three that are starting freshman qb's.

If that isn't sticking to a point, i don't know what is.

Macgyver_Hawg

Stoops got after ESPN saying they had an SEC bias.  If he doesn't do well this year he will have tremendous pressure on him after the Big 12 game against KState and last season's NC game.

The OU fans on other boards have mailed this season in.  They don't care other than it's the Sooners.  They know they were supposed to be better than the last two weeks showed.  You and I know they should be too.

toshortrock

quit crying we lost,,its going to be one hell of  a long season,,,put a muzzle  on it,,,this is sickening,,cost me over 500 dollars this weekend to go see the game,,can one of u down to earth Nutt lovers give me a refund?
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Jaison Black

Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 11, 2005, 09:12:08 pm
Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 09:10:05 pm
i acknowledge some have lied...but you have not answered my question...Would your life be better if the Hogs won the National Championship?

My life would be better if they would build a fence around Hogeye and imprisioned guys like you in Nutt in there so ya'll could rub bellies and tell each other precious stories.

Go away. Twenty-one posts doesn't even qualify you to have an opinion.

What qualifies you to have one? 170 posts? Give me a break.

Open message board so get over it. You don't like his opinion, don't read it.

Jaison Black

Quote from: CabotHog on September 11, 2005, 09:12:16 pm
I feel stupid because I am about to argue a point to all of you, and it really won't have an effect on any of you that don't agree with me. But I am stupid...so I am going to do it anyway.

Arkansas fans have become a bunch of complaining, crying, and overly judgemental hypocrites. This week I am embarrassed to be a Hog Fan. NOT BECAUSE we were beaten by Vanderbilt, but because of the behavior of our fans towards the Vanderbilt players and the referees.

All of you who are overly critical need to gain some perspective in your lives. You are all a bunch of Second-Guessing Morons who couldn't hold a candle to Houston's knowledge of Football and motivation. You have all been complaining about people who were better than you since grade school and are just trying to feel better about yourself by making others look bad.

You know I am right. But I cant wait to hear how this is not the case. Ok...Here is what you'll say. You will point out all of the "mistakes" Nutt made and say it should have been done differently. NO JOKE! NUTT IS SAYING THAT TOO.

I could go deeper into this, but you idiots are not worth it. If you dont like what is going on at Arkansas...stop supporting the Hogs. They will get along without you. But when they do finally have good years, don't talk about how much of a "die-hard" fan you are.

We knew it was going to be a bad year. We are breaking in a sophomore QB. SOPHOMORE RB's and Freshmen RB's...Sophomore WR's... WE ARE YOUNG AND WE ARE IN THE SEC!

Vanderbilt is a veteran team and they were lucky to beat us. But Vanderbilt will win some more games this year too. The season is not over, but for some of you idiots...I would welcome you to quit and go support Texas.

Give me a break dude. I am a diehard hog fan. However, that doesn't mean that I can't demand change. Being hardcore and being blind are two different things. We are the diehard fans,the ones that want to win no matter what, that spend 1000s of dollars, piss off our wives, and miss family functions just to see the games. We also will NOT accept losing to lesser teams. We won't tolerate being the doormat of the SEC, the laughing stock of call-in shows, the "marked victories" on everyones schedule.

You blind fans are the ones scared of change. The ones who question anyone who wants change, who are embrassed to be around us loud mouths, who think the national championship will fall into their laps.

I don't give a good damn how many sophomores or freshmen we have. We still shouldn't lose to Vandy. When Vandys coaches openly MOCK OUR PLAYCALLING!!!, it is time to change. You

You mention Houston saying that "yes, he should have called different plays". HE SHOULDN'T"T MAKE THE MISTAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!! If he was such an offensive genius as you suggest, then he would know when to call what play. Every coach makes mistakes. This isn't about that.
It is about the continued mistakes that he makes.

I strongly supported Nutt until last night. I defended him in posts. I honestly thought 7-4 would be our record. I WANT US TO WIN BADLY!!! However, I am smart enough to realize when change is needed. Bottom line.......stop being a BLIND FAN, open your beady little eyes, and be the DIE-HARD fan you say you are. DEMAND PERFECTION!!!

Link me to the Vandy coaches dogging us.

Jaison Black

Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 11, 2005, 09:14:09 pm
Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 09:11:12 pm
listen...I had fun talking it up with you all... my wife says I gotta go. So .... wooooo pig

Imagine that...

His wife tells him how long he gets to play on the computer.

Not a big surprise there.....

So we should value your opinion because you like to make sarcastic comments about people you don't agree with?

dagnamit

wow, Nutt loses one little game and everyone has pm. What will it be like when we are 3-8?

DarkHelmet

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 09:05:20 pm
If you had expectations of a 7,8,or 9 win season, then you set yourself up for disappointment.

i want everyone to take a good look at this...
let it soak in real deep.  this is why we are where we are right now... fans with this attitude allow a coach like nutt to produce a 5-6 season his 7th year and lose to vanderbilt in his 8th... we are a pathetic excuse for an SEC team because most of our fans are content to have a good ole boy as coach, someone who is very likeable but otherwise inept.  i think the reason our athletic department is spiralling downward is because we have complacent fans, media, and possibly an athletic director who would rather have a nice guy as coach rather than someone who might win SEC championships.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on September 11, 2005, 09:26:16 pm
wow, Nutt loses one little game and everyone has pm. What will it be like when we are 3-8?

Much excitement and anticipation while awaiting a new coach.

Jaison Black

September 11, 2005, 09:35:47 pm #33 Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 09:38:01 pm by Razr
Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 11, 2005, 09:27:16 pm
Quote from: Razr on September 11, 2005, 09:22:37 pm
listen...I had fun talking it up with you all... my wife says I gotta go. So .... wooooo pig

Imagine that...

So we should value your opinion because you like to make sarcastic comments about people you don't agree with?

No...you should value my opinion because I'm smarter than you.....

Idiot.

WOW! You really blew me away with your intelligence there. I honestly feel sorry for you if you get by in life thinking you are smarter than others because you are sarcastic and can type the word idiot.

Slow down buddy, don't overwhelm me.  Maybe when i get 30 more posts and catch up to your post count my opinion will be taken seriously.

WilsonHog

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 08:58:57 pm
i didnt say Nutt hung the moon. I said you are all idiots who complain about everything. You were all complaining that Nutt couldnt land Mustain...then he commits here...and you find something else to "fire" him over. Your expectations are changing daily, so who cares if you are satisfied?

Dan, I'll play along. I'll tell you what. I'll stop being critical and letting things like losing to Vanderbilt piss me off............

................provided that we go undefeated the rest of this season.

THAT's how pissed off I am.

Let there be no mistake; I'm taking this s*** PERSONALLY.

HogDodging

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 09:05:20 pm
I seem to have angered you HoopHOG...but think about this one. I don't lie...I am actually a minister:i guess some of them might ie...i have 3 crooked teeth though...and I knew we had a good shot at losing this weekend.

If you had expectations of a 7,8,or 9 win season, then you set yourself up for disappointment. Did you even scout the Vandy team before the game, or did you just hear the name Vanderbilt?

You have low expectations, yet criticize those who don't.  What's up with that? 
OK, you're happy with mediocrity.  I'm sorry.
Excuuuuuse the heck out of me for wanting more.  Geez.

Jaison Black

Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 11, 2005, 10:13:39 pm
Quote from: Razr on September 11, 2005, 09:35:47 pm
Quote from: HogginTheHeadlines on September 11, 2005, 09:27:16 pm
Quote from: Razr on September 11, 2005, 09:22:37 pm

Imagine that...

No...you should value my opinion because I'm smarter than you.....

Idiot.

WOW! You really blew me away with your intelligence there. I honestly feel sorry for you if you get by in life thinking you are smarter than others because you are sarcastic and can type the word idiot.

Slow down buddy, don't overwhelm me. Maybe when i get 30 more posts and catch up to your post count my opinion will be taken seriously.

No..I'm think I'm smarter than YOU, and being sarcastic has nothing to do with it.

And the "idiot" thing. That was my Napolean Dynamite quote.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful I can't help it.

Please go back to writing for the Thrifty Nickel.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: devilpimpdaddy on September 11, 2005, 09:26:16 pm

Quiet.  We will have had time to get used to it.  Nobody will care anymore.  When the press conference announcing the new coach is made, we'll be back to buzzing. ;)

snoutface

Quote from: CabotHog on September 11, 2005, 10:13:53 pm
"Their passing the ball worked in our favor," said Herdley Harrison, the Commodores' starting defensive end. "We wanted them to throw the ball. Early on they were using a lot of play action and the naked (bootleg), and that may have made them more confident in the pass. But when they went to the pass, it fell in our hands."

Do you realize that Vandy out coached us?

Play Action would have been nice on 3rd and goal at the two.  Or a sweep.  Or a fade or jump ball to Monk.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

dirty stanchez

I feel stupid because I am about to argue a point to all of you, and it really won't have an effect on any of you that don't agree with me. But I am stupid...so I am going to do it anyway.

Arkansas fans have become a bunch of complaining, crying, and overly judgemental hypocrites. This week I am embarrassed to be a Hog Fan. NOT BECAUSE we were beaten by Vanderbilt, but because of the behavior of our fans towards the Vanderbilt players and the referees.

All of you who are overly critical need to gain some perspective in your lives. You are all a bunch of Second-Guessing Morons who couldn't hold a candle to Houston's knowledge of Football and motivation. You have all been complaining about people who were better than you since grade school and are just trying to feel better about yourself by making others look bad.

You know I am right. But I cant wait to hear how this is not the case. Ok...Here is what you'll say. You will point out all of the "mistakes" Nutt made and say it should have been done differently. NO JOKE! NUTT IS SAYING THAT TOO.

I could go deeper into this, but you idiots are not worth it. If you dont like what is going on at Arkansas...stop supporting the Hogs. They will get along without you. But when they do finally have good years, don't talk about how much of a "die-hard" fan you are.

We knew it was going to be a bad year. We are breaking in a sophomore QB. SOPHOMORE RB's and Freshmen RB's...Sophomore WR's... WE ARE YOUNG AND WE ARE IN THE SEC!

Vanderbilt is a veteran team and they were lucky to beat us. But Vanderbilt will win some more games this year too. The season is not over, but for some of you idiots...I would welcome you to quit and go support Texas.

SSDD

rathog1

Quote from: Razr on September 11, 2005, 09:01:27 pm

Uh! excuse me there know-it-all, when you're going to smack someone know your facts.
Oklahoma started a junior in the first game that couldn't get it done. They then started a freshman who just happened to be the #1 rated HS QB in 04. If we start Mustain next year I don't think anyone will complain.
Miami's QB Wright is a sophomore.
Just for FYI Xavier Lee was the #1 rated HS QB in 05. Which only proves the original point that much more.

"Every year, Fla, Fla State, Miami, TX, Tenn, all have a quality quarterback in their class every year."
Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

BILLYBOB

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

DanTheHogFan

I am back.  First of all, HOOPHOG...not you all...HoopHog is twisting my words to try and defend his argument.  I may only be 27, but I have a pretty good grip on what matters in life.

One guy earlier alluded to how loyal of a hogfan he was...spends 1000s of dollars, ticks off his wife, etc...Well that proves my whole argument.  No wonder you are so bitter...Your wife hates you, you are broke and the hogs lost.

I guess that is Nutt's fault, too huh?

You can make all of the accusations you want and try to talk down my stance (because it differs from you), but it won't sway my comment.  And my comment was:  You (all) (most) (some) (many) fans who want to fire Nutt won't be satisfied with anything.  There will always be something to gripe about.  So what we lost to Vandy... We KNEW this would (should) (Could) be a long year with few wins.

And to answer your question again about whether I thought we would win by 2 TD's.  NO I DID NOT THINK IT WAS A GIMME.  I am not surprised in the least that we lost.  But I could be lying, because I am a youth minister.

Biggus Piggus

All of you who are overly critical need to gain some perspective in your lives.  You are all a bunch of Second-Guessing Morons who couldn't hold a candle to Houston's knowledge of Football and motivation.  You have all been complaining about people who were better than you since grade school and are just trying to feel better about yourself by making others look bad. 

My everyday job is bigger stakes than anything Houston Nutt will ever dream of doing.  I have no sympathy for him if he feels pressure.  He can't hold a friggin candle to the pressure in my job.  When I make a mistake, $10 million goes poof!  When I'm right, I can earn for my clients $20 million in a day, on one stock.  This is an everyday thing.  It never stops.  No offseason.  He's a [CENSORED] if he can't hack it when people are dissatisfied.  And what he's doing pales in complexity with what I do.  So boom.

I second guess his ass because he's getting paid loads of money to be average.  In my business, people who are average get booted in the street.  It happens in coaching too, usually.  He's very, very lucky to be an exception.  Arkansas has a top 30 budget and top 15 facilities.  And just lost to Vanderbilt, which is a perennial loser that is tremendously disadvantaged from budget and facilities and tradition perspectives.  To boot, Nutt could have signed Jay Cutler had he simply tried.  But he didn't want him.  He has made gross errors in talent evaluation, program administration, game strategy and game tactics.  He can't do much else wrong, and he is darned lucky to be making a million plus a year for this sorry performance.
[CENSORED]!

DanTheHogFan

Ok...So fire Nutt.  The more I think about what I said about having perspective on what matters in life has hit me between the eyes.  Here is why...If FB fires Nutt...My life won't be affected.  So there...We can all be friends again.

But I do want to say this one last thing.  It is ok to be frustrated with the coaches, program, quality of play...etc...I just think it is wrong to put so much stock in this.  I don't like the hogs to lose.  I feel a little bit violated, since I just moved to Mississippi and everybody knows I am a hog fan.  (At least the Miss teams are terrible, too)

I just thought I would say a little something to try and keep a tar a feathering from happening. 

Anyway...To all the idiots...I didnt mean to offend you by calling you idiots.  HA

I will continue to post on here...and I agree with A LOT of what you guys say on here.  Really I do.  So Fire him..hire him...I dont care...just call the hogs loudly for me when you go to the games.

Biggus Piggus

Dan, the angriest people on these boards are the ones who have been calling the Hogs the loudest.  My folks have been donating to the Razorback Foundation for 35 years.  They're Broyles-Matthews level donors.  They are completely beaten down by our football and basketball ineptitude.
[CENSORED]!

DanTheHogFan

I hear ya Biggus...I would want to see some more things if I were a big supporter too.  But I cant honestly fathom giving that much money to the Hogs.  I cant fathom that much money period.  I am getting my masters of divinity at Mid america in germantown, TN and supporting a wife and 2 small girls...so I support Wal-mart.  Who in turn supports the hogs.

Anyway.  I will still watch the game next Saturday and Hope we win.  Hey...Nobody thought we would beat texas either...we have had some good games in the not so distant past.  It could happen.. Arkansas by 8

MarieHogFan

Quote from: DarkHelmet on September 11, 2005, 09:27:31 pm

i think the reason our athletic department is spiralling downward is because we have complacent fans, media, and possibly an athletic director who would rather have a nice guy as coach rather than someone who might win SEC championships.

Actually we have an athletic director, and some certain boosters, that are more concerned with making money off 65,000 fans showing up for every ball game than they are about winning.

As long as the fans continue to go to the games and the donation money keeps flowing in they have no incentive to change anything.

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas is a top 30 program in terms of athletic fundraising.  Consistently top 30.  Also top 30 in football budget.  That's an amazing feat considering the size of the schools that are behind us on the list.  Schools from more populous, more prosperous states.  How do you keep up that level of fundraising?  Basic competence would be a start.  We have two revenue-generating sports that do not consistently display basic competence in their ability to play the game.  Arkansas of all schools cannot afford to sit around and tolerate incompetence.  The money will go away.  I assure you.
[CENSORED]!

MCPeePants

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on September 11, 2005, 09:08:42 pm
do you think OU should fire stoops?

Yeah, because his track record of success which he can fall back on after an embarassing loss isn't any better than Nutt's is it?