Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UAfan

HUGE WIN!  But lets not count our chickens just yet.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: rubmyHOG on May 30, 2009, 10:50:42 pm
You guys just go ahead and look for this same thread tomorrow.Not going to make a new one. All in favor say I

I.............All for it. Awesome job. Continue the same thread and keep HIM out of it, we could win. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Harvey Haddix pitched 10 innings of major league no hit ball once and lost.

hogfan064

RICKHOGHEAD

jdhogster

Pulling a little inspiration from the Basketball team's drumming of the 'Laters'

1967 Grad

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 10:47:48 pm
So where was that courage during the OU 6th?

Had a ptching meltdown and cut it to "only" a 4 run lead. Bollsinger is generally good to go for 76h and 8th with Richasrds there for the 9th. Could we have blown it? I suppose so, but they seem to bounce back and increase the 10-1 lead to 17-6. I sure liked cthe way that Cox came in and pitched strong the other day.

Hoggies

Did I not tell you guys NOT to worry? Even though most were shitt...g their panties? Have faith folks...PLEASE....this is OUR team and OUR SCHOOL!! We WILL win this Regional! Have faith and believe.

Bosshog479

Whats Arkansas record against OU this year? 3-0 or 4-0? Counting Basketball

kitshicker

rzrbackrob

Quote from: rubmyHOG on May 30, 2009, 10:50:42 pm
You guys just go ahead and look for this same thread tomorrow.

Not going to make a new one. All in favor say I

I            Love the idea.
Good is the enemy of great

Hoggies

Arkapigdiesel

IF we win the Norman regional (still a lot of ball to play), which national seed would we have to play assuming that national seed wins their regional?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

clew

Pure as the dawn

Hoggies

LJHOG

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on May 30, 2009, 10:53:12 pm
Game! and I vote I to keep in same thread. 

Lets win tomorrow night and put a nail in this mother.

Agree.  Same thread tomorrow.  No need to change a good thing.

Hoggies

Publius

Quote from: 1967 Grad on May 30, 2009, 10:59:03 pm

Had a ptching meltdown and cut it to "only" a 4 run lead. Bollsinger is generally good to go for 76h and 8th with Richasrds there for the 9th. Could we have blown it? I suppose so, but they seem to bounce back and increase the 10-1 lead to 17-6. I sure liked cthe way that Cox came in and pitched strong the other day.
I see where your avatar says that you are a 1967 grad...certainly in that amount of time you have seen numerous examples of the Hogs snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?  Can you blame anyone here for getting a little nervous when the Hogs start looking like they are going to implode, as they have done before in multiple sports on numerous occasions?   Why does that make us bad fans to worry when see what looks like another Hog choke job?

jdhogster

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on May 30, 2009, 11:02:04 pm
IF we win the Norman regional (still a lot of ball to play), which national seed would we have to play assuming that national seed wins their regional?

I believe it would be Florida St.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on May 30, 2009, 11:02:04 pm

If we win we would play florida state (assuming they win)
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

1967 Grad

Quote from: 12247 on May 30, 2009, 10:58:35 pm
Harvey Haddix pitched 10 innings of major league no hit ball once and lost.
[/quote

Actually, it was 13 for Haddix. Retired the 1st 36 batters he faced. In the 14th an infield error to put
Eddie Mahews at 2nd with no outs. Intentionally walked Aaron. Adcock hit one into left field stands.  Final score 1-0 with Adcock getting credit for double as he raced around and touched 3rd bdfore Aaron did. Awesome game and baseball trivia!!

Mikey

Quote from: jdhogster on May 30, 2009, 11:04:01 pm
I believe it would be Florida St.

If Georgia or Ohio State wins that regional instead and the Hogs win, who gets the Super Regional?

PigDaddyKane

hogfan064

Texas had the bases loaded, but fails to scored

Bottom of the 19th  tied at 2

Arkapigdiesel

I believe Florida State had a #14 RPI after the completion of the ACC tourney.  I shouldn't look ahead, but....I'll shut up now.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hogfan064

jdhogster

Quote from: Mikey on May 30, 2009, 11:06:16 pm
If Georgia or Ohio State wins that regional instead and the Hogs win, who gets the Super Regional?

Probably go on higher seed (unless they are same seed in their regional) but not completely sure.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: Mikey on May 30, 2009, 11:06:16 pm

Whoever bids the most.  I assume it would be us.

josh_sec33

sad when OU people beg for fans to show up... especially after THIS beating.

We'd be begging people NOT to come if you don't have tickets because we know we'd be turning away after 12,000 got in. :)

Also.....

I I I I I I I I I!!!!!!

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hogfan064

Texas pitcher back in.  He has thrown 150 pitches.  12 innings of no hit ball

mj4president

I bet there are more hog fans watching this game than there are BC fans.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: josh_sec33 on May 30, 2009, 11:09:22 pm
sad when OU people beg for fans to show up... especially after THIS beating.

We'd be begging people NOT to come if you don't have tickets because we know we'd be turning away after 12,000 got in. :)

Also.....

I I I I I I I I I!!!!!!

Amen. 

Hoggies

hogfan064

Quote from: mj4president on May 30, 2009, 11:10:11 pm
I bet there are more hog fans watching this game than there are BC fans.

Funny thing is, you're probably right. 

hogfan064

Augie has to take this kid out eventually, he has about 160 pitches now

Runner on 1st for BC 2 outs

hogfan064

jdhogster

hogfan064

1st hit given up by the kid in near 13 innings of work.  They need to take this guy out, this can't be good for his arm

1967 Grad

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 11:03:59 pm
I see where your avatar says that you are a 1967 grad...certainly in that amount of time you have seen numerous examples of the Hogs snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?  Can you blame anyone here for getting a little nervous when the Hogs start looking like they are going to implode, as they have done before in multiple sports on numerous occasions?   Why does that make us bad fans to worry when see what looks like another Hog choke job?

True that!! I have also witnessed many games we were left for dead that we pulled out. Ask LSU footballers bout that.  Point is, we all love our Hogs and just react differently. These threads just seem to have a lot more glass half empty guys on them than glass half full guys. No big deal. Just Go Hogs and keep winning.

oldbear

Thanks for the PBP guys. It was a great win.

How many pitches before this kid for Texass is risking injury? He has to be severely gassed at this point.

hogfan064

WP moves runners to 2nd and 3rd.  BC 90 feet away from win

JHicks3636

If we win this regional, we would play the winner of the Florida State regional. Florida State is not a national seed. Oklahoma is the #7 national seed, so the winner of this super regional will be the #7 seed at Omaha. Teams are not reseeded for the tournament. First game would be against the #2 seed which is Cal State Fullerton. If Cal State does not advance we would play whatever team comes out of that super regional. I think Cal State is paired with the Louisville regional to ultimately determine that super regional match-up.

Publius

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 30, 2009, 11:14:50 pm
1st hit given up by the kid in near 13 innings of work.  They need to take this guy out, this can't be good for his arm
BC cleanup man due up

hogfan064

PigDaddyKane

going to th 20th inning.  Per ut announcers about to move to longest post season game in ncaa history.

hogfan064

Publius

BC clean up man K's...the eyes of Texas are upon you...wonder how many times they'll play that obnoxious piece of crap if they pull this one out

Publius

Quote from: 1967 Grad on May 30, 2009, 11:15:03 pm

True that!! I have also witnessed many games we were left for dead that we pulled out. Ask LSU footballers bout that.  Point is, we all love our Hogs and just react differently. These threads just seem to have a lot more glass half empty guys on them than glass half full guys. No big deal. Just Go Hogs and keep winning.
WPS