Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network Live SEC Championship Malzahn Interview

Started by ShilohTreyDad#67, December 01, 2017, 01:15:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShilohTreyDad#67

He was asked about the Arkansas rumors and presenting his requirements to Auburn and he said, "I think you've asked me that before and things have not changed, I'm focused on trying to win the SEC Championship right now."

checkraiser88

He's coming home guys, auburn doesn't want to match what we are offering. If Auburn wins he'll have an agreement in place to coach the playoffs though, not sure how what will impact our recruiting waiting till January but at least we will have the answer 

Next1_04

RazorPiggie

SwinedMelon

It was just the right time for him to say... "I am an Auburn Tiger, and I will be here for as long as the BOT and Chancellor will have me."  He didn't say anything like that.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

GAtkins

Good observation.

Quote from: SwinedMelon on December 01, 2017, 01:18:58 pm
It was just the right time for him to say... "I am an Auburn Tiger, and I will be here for as long as the BOT and Chancellor will have me."  He didn't say anything like that.

BroyledNutts

He's leveraging his a$$ off, just like Auburn is ... say nothing, deny nothing, confirm nothing....

Auburn seems to be saying, "Win us a national title, we'll talk about big raises and bonuses..."
Gus seems to be saying, "Pay me more than you ever have, and I'll stick around and compete for titles ..."

High level staring match, but who will blink?

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

The_MardDog

rljjr

HF#1

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 01, 2017, 01:23:00 pm
He's leveraging his a$$ off, just like Auburn is ... say nothing, deny nothing, confirm nothing....

Auburn seems to be saying, "Win us a national title, we'll talk about big raises and bonuses..."
Gus seems to be saying, "Pay me more than you ever have, and I'll stick around and compete for titles ..."

At the end of the day I think Auburn does. I think Gus wants money and power. The money they are willing to give. The power they will balk at.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RebelliousHog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 01, 2017, 01:17:32 pm
He's coming home guys, auburn doesn't want to match what we are offering. If Auburn wins he'll have an agreement in place to coach the playoffs though, not sure how what will impact our recruiting waiting till January but at least we will have the answer 

No way in Hell, if I were auburn, would I let a coach lead my team after he has said he is leaving. I'd rather lose. They would let Garner or Lindsey run the team. Garner is Asst. HC and Lindsey is OC
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

LawyerHog50

Quote from: ShilohTreyDad#67 on December 01, 2017, 01:15:15 pm
He was asked about the Arkansas rumors and presenting his requirements to Auburn and he said, "I think you've asked me that before and things have not changed, I'm focused on trying to win the SEC Championship right now."

there you have it folks!    8)
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ShilohTreyDad#67 on December 01, 2017, 01:15:15 pm
He was asked about the Arkansas rumors and presenting his requirements to Auburn and he said, “I think you’ve asked me that before and things have not changed, I’m focused on trying to win the SEC Championship right now.”

It is statements like this and his requirements that suggest he could leave Awburn...Lots of comments amongst all the confusion that lets you know there is some truth to this(him leaving). The door is still open...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

The Archer

It's all about making sure he gets paid, whether its on the Hill or the Plains. I think if we match Auburn's offer, he would rather be back home. However, he is also factoring in the recruiting hotbeds he is close to in Alabama, such as Louisiana, Alabama obviously, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas. That's what makes Auburn and Alabama wonderful jobs. Location location location
War never leaves you. I watched another man pass away as a direct result of Vietnam in 2019. May God bless his soul, and all of those affected by PTSD.

hawg1221

I hope Gus heard what Pat Dye had to say about his play calling yesterday on Bo's show.

LumberBacks

pghawg1

Sexton is working this to a T. He will get more money from auburn.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 01, 2017, 01:23:00 pm

Sexton and Gus only has strong leverage until the Arkansas jobs is filled and maybe the Tenn and FSU jobs.  Essentially he needs to win tomorrow and then tell AU to pony up.

Arkansas' next coach rides on Auburn losing or Auburn winning and the AU administration willing to jettison all hope of delivering on a CFP bid.  Auburn has to blink in that case so it comes down to who wins tomorrow.

The Hawg Marshal

Gus could have closed the door on this once and for all and for some reason he didn't. It's anybody's guess to whether it was because he plans on leaving or he is using it as a negotiating ploy. None of us truly know. But we soon will.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 01, 2017, 02:06:14 pm
Gus could have closed the door on this once and for all and for some reason he didn't. It's anybody's guess to whether it was because he plans on leaving or he is using it as a negotiating ploy. None of us truly know. But we soon will.
This exactly.