Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone see the way the SC game ended?

Started by El Dog Hog, March 10, 2005, 02:34:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

El Dog Hog

Ark v LSWHO all over again. The SEC refs suck bad. You cant overcall a play, 2 plays later. When we played, it got swept under the rug, but now, ESPN will be all over this. You cant screw up THAT bad in the conference tournement. The need some sort of replay system. B/c the one they have now (which I think is just judgement) is very bad. They need to stop games right away. B/c they are waiting until other actions have been taken. If SC doesnt call a timeout right there, the game goes into OT. Its just bad, REAL BAD.

Genuswine

Quote from: El Dog Hog on March 10, 2005, 02:34:49 pm
Ark v LSWHO all over again. The SEC refs suck bad. You cant overcall a play, 2 plays later. When we played, it got swept under the rug, but now, ESPN will be all over this. You cant screw up THAT bad in the conference tournement. The need some sort of replay system. B/c the one they have now (which I think is just judgement) is very bad. They need to stop games right away. B/c they are waiting until other actions have been taken. If SC doesnt call a timeout right there, the game goes into OT. Its just bad, REAL BAD.

what happened?

Theolesnort

His foot in slow mo showed he was on the line. If S.C. had won the game it would have been another miscarriage of justice.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

El Dog Hog

Yeah, but they made the call after Ole Miss had inbounded the ball and threw it away. Plus there was no conculsive evidence, it looked like he turned his foot to me, to make sure he didnt touch the line. But either way, the refs have to stop the game and review whats going on. It changes outcomes to much. They suck monica style

Theolesnort

If someone was so unsure, then you are right they should have stopped the game right after the shot and reviewed. But that would be to simple and uncontroversial right?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Lanny

Please tell me this wasn't the same officials that called the LSU vs. Arkansas game.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy