Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Campbell

Started by TX HOG, October 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Grunt on October 31, 2017, 10:38:29 am
Not saying there's no risk involved but you don't buy a good stock at it's apex. You have to anticipate early based on potential. The time to get this guy is now.

Actually, by your analogy, the time to get him was 2 years ago. It is likely he will never be a hotter name than he is right now, unless they win the big12cg.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

longpig

Quote from: Hogdomer on October 28, 2017, 09:05:00 pm
You guys do know that Campbell's buyout is nine million dollars?  He won't be here next year, and he probably won't be anywhere else either.

It's not nine million presently, it's 8.8 million minus 2.07 million after this season.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Grunt on October 31, 2017, 10:45:44 am
$

Eerbody got $. Its not about $ anymore once you go p5.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on October 21, 2017, 01:34:29 pm
Not to hurt any feelings, but Frost has a better gig in Florida than he would have at Arkansas, which would not likely be a destination job for him anyway.  The second tier players he gets in Fla are better than the coaches have signed here in quite a while.

And If he doesn't do it this year he will move on the an even better program soon.  Probably very much in play with his alma mater Nebraska after this season.

Seems like a natural to return to NE but that job is not what it once was — so dramatically has the football landscape changed in the country. I suspect Frost is well aware that it would be very difficult for the school to return to its former glory.

If Florida calls, or aTm or Auburn, he will go to any of those schools before returning to an uphill struggle in Lincoln in MO.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on October 31, 2017, 11:54:57 am
The love affair is not love, it is lust. There are people here who check the score board every Sat night, and whichever team pulled the biggest upset or scored the most points, they start posting how that guy should be the next coach. Notice the love affair with Leach cooled quickly after he got turned into roadkill twice in 3 weeks.
Pathetic...you are like a tick dug into Bert's neck. You should be happy the next year and a half...because he ain't going nowhere...you enjoy now...."The love affair is not love, it is lust"....for you, that would be Bert.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogsanity

Quote from: Redhogs on October 31, 2017, 12:15:46 pm
Pathetic...you are like a tick dug into Bert's neck. You should be happy the next year and a half...because he ain't going nowhere...you enjoy now...."The love affair is not love, it is lust"....for you, that would be Bert.

Except I have said, REPEATEDLY, it is obvious BB is not going to get it done in the SEC. I can want BB gone AND not want him replaced with the hot flavor of the weekend like many here want.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig in the Pokey

Leach is our next coach, when you get through.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jgphillips3

Campbell is a great coach.  Arkansas needs a guy that gets the most out of what he has.  Campbell is one of those.  There are others too.  Mainly, we need someone who doesn't need a specific style or specific set of talents to win.  Someone innovative, adaptable and great at motivation.  Recruiting is a huge plus, but maximizing good talent is the main attribute needed.  We will always have good, solid, but not overwhelming talent.  The guy who can make them play hard and consistently play smart football can win here.  Then, when the stars align talent wise, we can make a potential title run. 

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: TX HOG on October 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm
I understand he's not the most 'sexy' or popular choice on here but he might be our best option. From my understanding(which is not too extensive) he overachieved at Toledo and he's doing the same at Iowa St. Idk. Seems like a good coach.

Yes

Campbell is the one we need

thebignasty

I think he's the best up and comer type out there. Need to make him say no.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: thebignasty on November 06, 2017, 04:14:36 pm

Yep

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: thebignasty on November 06, 2017, 04:14:36 pm
I agree that he's the best out there. I just don't think that we'll pay his big buyout along with what we have to pay Bret and his coaches. That's why I never mention him.

cosmodrum

We are way down the pecking order if our job is available. We aren't getting whoever we want. We will get the scraps, which isn't Norvell.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 06, 2017, 03:51:06 pm
Yes

Campbell is the one we need

I'd say there's probably a zero percent chance we get the hottest name.
Go away, batin'

ChicoHog

What I like about Campbell also is his team has played great defense in the high scoring Big 12.  That's not an easy thing to do.  They play Ok St this week and I bet they keep them under 40, maybe even less, and give the Cowboys a tough game. 

Calling All Hogs

Campbell is No.1 on my list.

thebignasty

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 08, 2017, 05:21:27 pm
I'd say there's probably a zero percent chance we get the hottest name.

What fun is coach hunting season without a little fantasy

Pork Ranger

I'm gonna go with Norvell over Campbell. Mainly because I think he'd stay here longer

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 08, 2017, 05:19:03 pm
We are way down the pecking order if our job is available. We aren't getting whoever we want. We will get the scraps, which isn't Norvell.
The Arkansas job isn't as great as some want to believe, but it's also not nearly as bad as you seem to be indicating here.  Especially to get a guy who has such obvious Arkansas ties.  Has anyone mentioned all of his Arkansas connections?   ;)

hog_fan

Only way Campbell leaves if Iowa State agrees to a negoiated buyout. We need someone with Southern ties. BB had none. We see how that has worked out.

ipigsooie

Yeah this isnt happening. No way we pay this buyout.

Wildhog

Quote from: hog_fan on November 10, 2017, 09:17:10 pm
Only way Campbell leaves if Iowa State agrees to a negoiated buyout. We need someone with Southern ties. BB had none. We see how that has worked out.

BB's failure had nothing to do with "southern ties" or a lack thereof.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 30, 2017, 08:57:55 pm

Tennessee doesn't care about that, they want him and money is no object, they have 102,485 seats to fill.

And a $340m makeover to pay for.

BR

Quote from: Wildhog on November 11, 2017, 09:54:12 am
BB’s failure had nothing to do with “southern ties” or a lack thereof.
100% agree with this.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 11, 2017, 09:54:12 am
BB's failure had nothing to do with "southern ties" or a lack thereof.

You'd think you'd just give up by now, sort of like your OT recruiting.    :D

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 10:19:20 am
You'd think you'd just give up by now, sort of like your OT recruiting.    :D

says the dude whos been round and round with prj for the better part of a month

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on November 11, 2017, 10:24:59 am
says the dude whos been round and round with prj for the better part of a month

Say the dude replying to my reply.....

thebignasty

ricepig

TX HOG

ipigsooie

How,  with the reported buyout, is hv even considering Campbell? If that article is correct and it's a 20 million dollar total deal, this is just not even something I see us considering. And do you think isu is going to be nice and just help us out a little and knock some money off of it?

grayhawg

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 11, 2017, 01:13:26 pm
How,  with the reported buyout, is hv even considering Campbell? If that article is correct and it's a 20 million dollar total deal, this is just not even something I see us considering. And do you think isu is going to be nice and just help us out a little and knock some money off of it?
Just because hv is cosidering it doesn't mean the University is.

ipigsooie

Quote from: grayhawg on November 11, 2017, 01:16:16 pm
Just because hv is cosidering it doesn't mean the University is.

I get that but how are people thinking this is even realistic?  Mind blown!

TX HOG

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 11, 2017, 01:36:41 pm
I get that but how are people thinking this is even realistic?  Mind blown!

Hope that it's not that high of a buyout. We don't even REALLY know our own coaches buyout

ipigsooie

Quote from: TX HOG on November 11, 2017, 01:38:40 pm
Hope that it's not that high of a buyout. We don't even REALLY know our own coaches buyout

Isn't it public since it is a public university?  It just took people reading in to ours to find out what it really was.

TX HOG

Good chance it's true. He probably will not get bought out. Just often seems like buyouts aren't always black and white.

RazorPiggie

Up 8 with the backup QB in the 4th.

ricepig

Quote from: TX HOG on November 11, 2017, 11:32:34 am
Up 2 TDs early

Don't want a coach that blows a 2 TD lead....

grayhawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2017, 03:21:25 pm
WE HAVE ONE OF THOSE already

imtad16

He has won some big games, but his overall record still doesn't allow me to look past the large buy out either.

imtad16

Also, I never know what to make of the coaches that played defense, but have been OC's. And his offenses haven't been overly impressive.

ricepig

Quote from: imtad16 on November 11, 2017, 03:25:57 pm
He has won some big games, but his overall record still doesn't allow me to look past the large buy out either.

He's a good coach, and worthy of a promotion. There have been other people do the voodoo math on his buyout and come up with $6.4m, either way, I don't see us paying that much. Somebody will hire him if it's in that range, I just don't see it being us.

Next1_04

Quote from: Redhogs on October 31, 2017, 12:15:46 pm

Still reaching around Petrino I see.

TX HOG

I'm hoping this is a bit sarcastic...

If not rethink the two programs