Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

advice of walking shoes

Started by husker71, May 14, 2016, 02:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

they will start as walking and then hopefully turn to running shoes.  Right now I wear nike or adidas or reebok but just cross training shoes.  Lots of the walking will be done on cement sidewalks at least at 1st.  Any advice is appreciated

Earl

New Balance 860s is the best I have found,

26.2Hog

The Hoka One One has the most cushioning of any brand. Easier on your joints, faster recovery, more comfortable, etc.  Do try on a pair before making a decision. You can usually find some models marked down at http://www.runningwarehouse.com/mens-running-shoes.html

husker71

thanks and that is an interesting site.  Never knew about pronation before today

Ragnar Hogbrok

If you want support, New Balance is probably the way to go. If you want a minimalist type shoe that builds stability in your feet, ankles, and legs, I like the Nike Free Run series.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

oldman1015

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 16, 2017, 10:57:49 am
New Balance or SAS.
No thanks, don't need shoe advice from a guy with a 12,000 page "my feet hurt" thread. I've been walking 3-4 miles every day since October and love my Nikes.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: oldman1015 on February 16, 2017, 11:12:49 am
No thanks, don't need shoe advice from a guy with a 12,000 page "my feet hurt" thread. I've been walking 3-4 miles every day since October and love my Nikes.

I wore a pair of cross trainers out and with all shoes I have to use inserts .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfNut57

Quote from: oldman1015 on February 16, 2017, 11:12:49 am
No thanks, don't need shoe advice from a guy with a 12,000 page "my feet hurt" thread.

hahaha........ouch!
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hawgrunner

Quote from: husker71 on May 14, 2016, 02:18:21 pm
they will start as walking and then hopefully turn to running shoes.  Right now I wear nike or adidas or reebok but just cross training shoes.  Lots of the walking will be done on cement sidewalks at least at 1st.  Any advice is appreciated

Find your local running shoe store and try them on. Even though your starting out with just walking I'd still buy a good pair of running shoes.
Adidas, ASICS, Brooks, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike, Saucony etc... does matter really I or someone else in this thread tells you. I may run 50 miles a week and my feet love and feel great in a pair of Brooks GTS17's. Joe Smith next to me can't run more than 100 ft in them without his feet killing him we're all different. Some folks need Neutral shoes and some may need Stability or Motion Control. Going to good quality running store and getting your gait checked would be key.

Dropkick