Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DB target Tanner McCalister

Started by Richard Davenport, May 24, 2017, 10:53:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

is a very sharp young man that could play CB or S on the college level. He was recently on Recruiting Thursday.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/24/recruiting-thursday-hog-db-target-tanner-mccaliste/

HappyFan

Is he as fast as Tanner English?

SkeeterHawg

Goodness no!  The only thing faster than Tanner English is light. That's only because he slows down so he can see where he's going.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Talk about unfortunate shutter timing... LOL.!!

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HappyFan on May 26, 2017, 03:34:52 pm
Is he as fast as Tanner English?
Would this particular Tanner English be the illegitimate son of former Hog and S.C. Gamecock Kane Whitehurst ??? Has to be 'cause I know of no two faster guys ;) 8) :P

tophawg19

thanks for the report RD . try to stay on topic on these posts guys . These kids deserve better than this stuff .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bennyl08

I think he is better suited for safety than corner. He does not look like a 4.4 runner on tape. Further, what do his highlights mostly show? Him making tackles on defense primarily in run support and on screens. There's only a handful of play shown with him in coverage, and even then, it's either him making a tackle or the ball not thrown to the guy he's covering.

Doesn't mean he can't swat the ball or make the contested interception. But it does make me question why we don't see that in the highlights. Does he struggle with that? Do team simply not throw many passes downfield where he plays? Do teams simply not the ball his way very often and they decided it would be boring to have a bunch of plays of him covering and the ball not going to his guy? Touch to say.

Also, not a bad passer either. If he ended up on offense, wouldn't say no to some wildcat with him.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 27, 2017, 05:35:56 pm
thanks for the report RD . try to stay on topic on these posts guys . These kids deserve better than this stuff .
Lightin' up. Just having a little fun and not trying to be disrespectful in the least.

tophawg19

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 28, 2017, 09:43:10 am
Lightin' up. Just having a little fun and not trying to be disrespectful in the least.
if he happens onto hogville and sees the thread, the least should be a positive thread. RD's posts should be player discussion only. the rest can be anything goes . but these are kids we want to come here and they do see hogville . If we can boost ego a bit, it helps recruiting a bit
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 28, 2017, 03:27:08 pm
if he happens onto hogville and sees the thread, the least should be a positive thread. RD's posts should be player discussion only. the rest can be anything goes . but these are kids we want to come here and they do see hogville . If we can boost ego a bit, it helps recruiting a bit
Well it could certainly be an ego boost if the young comes in and sees the "fleet of foot" company in which he's been included. Got all the bases covered.  ;) :) 8)

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 28, 2017, 06:14:14 pm
Well it could certainly be an ego boost if the young comes in and sees the "fleet of foot" company in which he's been included. Got all the bases covered.  ;) :) 8)

Not really, Tanner has already stolen all of them.......

HamSammich

This brings up a question that wakes me up in cold sweat frequently ....  which is faster; a chuck Norris round house kick or tanner English in the 100 meters ?

Once in a tither the only thing that can put me back to sleep is to hold my custom made shabazz bobblehead.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on May 28, 2017, 06:49:26 pm
Not really, Tanner has already stolen all of them.......
Darn it, didn't realize he's also a thief. >:( :-X