Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wondering how Coach Enos visit went

Started by BigSexyHog, May 04, 2017, 12:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

Yesterday in Houston with a certain QB?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I'm curious as well. I don't even know the guys name but Ive seen "Houston qb" mentioned quite a bit lately
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

theFlyingHog

We already have a 2018 QB lined up, yes? This is interesting

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 04, 2017, 12:58:39 pm
We already have a 2018 QB lined up, yes? This is interesting

Correct on 2018.  This kid is for 2019.

ricepig

Went great, watched the entire practice.

King Kong

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 01:10:17 pm
Went great, watched the entire practice.

What's our biggest competition here A&M? Fl State?

I know on that of his Brother is walking on at A&M. I thought I read a rumor that his oldest may get a GA position at A&M

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on May 04, 2017, 02:22:25 pm

I know on that of his Brother is walking on at A&M. I thought I read a rumor that his oldest may get a GA position at A&M

According to those who know, those two are going to be tough competition.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 04, 2017, 12:49:58 pm
Yesterday in Houston with a certain QB?

Coaches can't talk to the kids. You can say hi but that's about it. The main thing is for the prospect to know you were there. Enos was there for the start and for the end of practice. That seemed to impress Grant and his father Chris.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 04, 2017, 03:12:43 pm
Coaches can't talk to the kids. You can say hi but that's about it. The main thing is for the prospect to know you were there. Enos was there for the start and for the end of practice. That seemed to impress Grant and his father Chris.

I've seen pictures of D-I college coaches this spring with athletes, and the post saying, ""Good to see Coach XYZ". I guess they were just chance meetings, lol.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 03:16:32 pm
I've seen pictures of D-I college coaches this spring with athletes, and the post saying, ""Good to see Coach XYZ". I guess they were just chance meetings, lol.

I would love to see that.

bennyl08

Wow, that prospect is insane. 6'5 203 or so as a sophomore in HS.

Again, as a sophomore, basically 5,000 yards passing, 65 td's, 73% completion and another 500 or so rushing yards and 5 td's.

13 min highlight video of just deep ball after deep ball and it wasn't like the guys were just always wide open or something.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PlanoHog

Ricepig check your inbox. Hello, BigSexyHog  message me, long time since we've had lunch in Big D.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: PlanoHog on May 04, 2017, 06:23:57 pm
Ricepig check your inbox. Hello, BigSexyHog  message me, long time since we've had lunch in Big D.

Yes, it has been awhile.  Miss our Dallas lunches. 

Pig in the Pokey

TJ Findlay just picked up an offer, too. SWEET.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: King Kong on May 04, 2017, 02:22:25 pm

When does that new NCAA law go into effect? the one that allows coaches to hire people near a recruit
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

secneahog

If we land Gunnell, watch out. 

It's been impressive to watch recruits commit to us and then start recruiting other athletes to be a Hog too.

Sosa Agim
Connor Noland
B. Guidry  are a few that come to mind.

With Gunnell, his dad has allowed Grant to travel and compete with stud instate competition.
If your an elite proapect in Texas or Oklahoma, your prolly buddies with Grant.
He's a top 50 recruit in the country.  Arguably the best qb in the nation in 2019.

There's a wr that's in the 2018 class, that would commit to us, if he knew Grant was coming here.

With all that being said, Gunnell is the type of kid that would have players commit to us, without Grant in their ears.  I don't think we've ever had that kind of star power at Arkansas.

Granted if  Gunnell comes here, he will have stiff competition, but we would land recruits, we might not had a chance at.

When Gunnell visited last, he brought Grayson Boomer with him, out of Oklahoma. 5star elite TE that is ranked just a lil higher then Hudson Henry. I want BOTH.

Add in Brian Williams 5star, could be the #1 SAFETY in the country in 2019 ....
Come continue that last name Brian! Make your family proud!

Also, don't forget about Treylon Burks in Warren,  word is, he is elite. Like best wr that has come out of the state of Arkansas elite. 

This 2018 class has all elite 4star commits and will be a small elite, tight knit group. You follow that group up with a best recruiting class Arkansas has ever had, hands down and we're off to the races in the west. Woopigsooie!!!!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Birminghog

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 04, 2017, 05:46:24 pm
Wow, that prospect is insane. 6'5 203 or so as a sophomore in HS.

Again, as a sophomore, basically 5,000 yards passing, 65 td's, 73% completion and another 500 or so rushing yards and 5 td's.

13 min highlight video of just deep ball after deep ball and it wasn't like the guys were just always wide open or something.

And who is that WR at 0:40 on the video? Leaves several with their trousers down.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 05, 2017, 08:26:16 am
When does that new NCAA law go into effect? the one that allows coaches to hire people near a recruit

Since a GA is technically as Student. I don't think a GA counts

bennyl08

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 05, 2017, 08:29:30 pm
Since a GA is technically as Student. I don't think a GA counts

Depends on the school I think, but most places, they are graduate employees. You take classes and do research, but the university pays you money to be a grad student (in contrast to undergrads who pay the university). Many university's grad students will organize into a union as the university will do their best to not treat them financially as an employee.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: secneahog on May 05, 2017, 08:46:01 am

It's been impressive to watch recruits commit to us and then start recruiting other athletes to be a Hog too.

Sosa Agim
Connor Noland

With Gunnell, his dad has allowed Grant to travel and compete with stud instate competition.
He's a top 50 recruit in the country.  Arguably the best qb in the nation in 2019.

There's a wr that's in the 2018 class, that would commit to us, if he knew Grant was coming here.

With all that being said, Gunnell is the type of kid that would have players commit to us, without Grant in their ears.  I don't think we've ever had that kind of star power at Arkansas.

Granted if  Gunnell comes here, he will have stiff competition, but we would land recruits, we might not had a chance at.

When Gunnell visited last, he brought Grayson Boomer with him, out of Oklahoma. 5star elite TE that is ranked just a lil higher then Hudson Henry. I want BOTH.

Also, don't forget about Treylon Burks in Warren,  word is, he is elite. Like best wr that has come out of the state of Arkansas elite. 

This 2018 class has all elite 4star commits and will be a small elite, tight knit group. You follow that group up with a best recruiting class Arkansas has ever had, hands down and we're off to the races in the west. Woopigsooie!!!!
great freaking post. I believe.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

BigSexyHog

Quote from: secneahog on May 05, 2017, 08:46:01 am

Sosa Agim
Connor Noland

I can confirm he is friends and knows all the elite talent in Texas and Oklahoma.  He really is a good kid and will be an asset on and off the field Where ever he goes to school.   

HardingHog

island hog

I played against another pretty good qb from St. Pius back in the day...his name was Gary Kubiak.  Class act all the way. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: island hog on May 08, 2017, 01:24:39 pm
I played against another pretty good qb from St. Pius back in the day...his name was Gary Kubiak.  Class act all the way. 

Let's hope Grant doesn't follow in his steps and go to A&M