Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's enjoy the rest of the football season

Started by Lanny, October 31, 2017, 08:01:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

texas tush hog

Quote from: CarolinaSwine on November 02, 2017, 04:52:27 pm
Ever buy insurance?

CBB's has had 59 games to demonstrate his ability, but we're going to let the last 4 decide his fate?

You can bet that is the case. Win 3 he probably stays, win one he probably goes(but not for certain with Jeffie). Either accept it or you are not a diehard fan.

Dirty

Wouldn't it be nice if this fan base could fully believe that our AD has a plan that he has carried around since day 1 of Brets tenure that is a list of coaches that would stand a chance of producing for us and amended at least annually, that he knows how to contact them, knows what they likely stand for, approximately what it would take to hire any one of them, who is hot, who is not. etc..  Wouldn't it be nice if our AD had studied his place of employment well enough to understand the positive and negatives of the football HC job, would know and fully understand the likelihood of what it would take for us to be a winner and still have integrity. 

Athog

Quote from: 12247 on October 31, 2017, 10:49:00 am
Lanny and All Others,  It would be nice to come on here and just talk about the upcoming game, recruiting, who might replace who on the assistant coaching staff, etc..

But fairly thinking, that is difficult:  1.  Many of us assume the Management of this program is far more interested in saving Bret's job than making changes and we hope by showing disappointment, we might make a difference.  Being quiet appears to make the Decision Makers believe that all is well.  First off, Bret Bielema should have never been hired for the good of the program and for his own good.  2.  We have no faith in the decision makers choices and hope a dropped hint or two or 25,000 on here might make a difference.  3.  Even we weak thinkers like myself know this should have been attended to 2 or 3 years back before the small fire caught wind and is now racing across the State.  4.  Though it does get repetitive, there hasn't been much else to discuss until we finally did win a ballgame we should have won last Saturday, by one point, with a fieldgoal and in spite of ourselves, in general.

Don't disagree but so tired of this being talked about over and over when I like to talk football. The negativity has taken over the football. The coaching decision will take place regardless of the many Athletic Directors we have on Hogville let alone all the really good coaches!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: elksnort on October 31, 2017, 01:19:31 pm
I am a huge RUSH fan and have read several of Neil's books. Thanks for the lyric reference from Freewill.

Best concert I've ever been to. Hands down.

And it ain't even close
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 12247 on November 03, 2017, 06:43:56 pm
Wouldn't it be nice if this fan base could fully believe that our AD has a plan that he has carried around since day 1 of Brets tenure that is a list of coaches that would stand a chance of producing for us and amended at least annually, that he knows how to contact them, knows what they likely stand for, approximately what it would take to hire any one of them, who is hot, who is not. etc..  Wouldn't it be nice if our AD had studied his place of employment well enough to understand the positive and negatives of the football HC job, would know and fully understand the likelihood of what it would take for us to be a winner and still have integrity. 
you think Long should have been planning to replace the guy he just hired from the day he we hired?

Long is an administrator.  he has a plan, but that plan is about the logistics involved in running the athletic dept.  I'm sure he has staff that will put together a list of potential candidates if he feels he needs one.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Hawgzinbowlz

Let's win out.

CBB will play out as he has reached his ceiling.

" GO HOGS "

Hogcore

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Cylinder on October 31, 2017, 01:16:40 pm
I accept you're using a bit of hyperbole there for effect, so I hope this doesn't come across as snark or low-level bickering.

1. A loss to Mississippi would have forced change.

2. A loss to Coastal will force change. The only way that happens is if both the starters and backups decide to play sabotage -- a.k.a. ain't gonna happen.

3. Failure to make a bowl would make change likely - but not certain.

4. Securing a bowl waiver makes retention a very real possibility.

5. Securing a bowl invitation without caveat (>= 6 wins) makes retention likely.

That's how I see it objectively. I guess those that accept this premise can decide what would be best for the team and the program and which factors have more weight.

To paraphrase Neil Peart, I suppose, one could choose not to decide, but they still have made a choice.

[Edit: fixed grammar]

So you desperately want the Razorbacks to lose football games. I have a lot of personal contempt for you.

cal34

Quote from: CarolinaSwine on November 02, 2017, 04:52:27 pm
Ever buy insurance?

CBB's has had 59 games to demonstrate his ability, but we're going to let the last 4 decide his fate?

Coach B has us back on track! 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 03, 2017, 07:39:12 pm
you think Long should have been planning to replace the guy he just hired from the day he we hired?

Long is an administrator.  he has a plan, but that plan is about the logistics involved in running the athletic dept.  I'm sure he has staff that will put together a list of potential candidates if he feels he needs one.

Every AD keeps a list of coaches in their desk that they would go after in the future. I'm sure that soon after Bielema's hire that Long had 4-5 guys he might be interested in if anything happened that Bielema left. And I am pretty sure that list has been updated over time.

I'm also pretty sure that the list that Long has is different than a list that Hogville might put together.
Go Hogs Go!

HogPharmer

Quote from: cal34 on November 04, 2017, 10:30:14 am
Coach B has us back on track!

To have us BACK on track, we would have to be on track in the first time... We have had a few glimmers of hope over the last 5 years, but for every one of those glimmers, there's been 2 or 3 ridiculous losses/disappointments...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: Lanny on October 31, 2017, 08:01:43 am
Arkansas will pulverize Coastal Carolina this week.  I would like to see the fans support the football team and wait until the end of the season for new coach discussion.

Lanny, If THAT was a PULVERIZATION, I would like to see your definition of a "by the skin of their teeth" win....  I WAS in attendance at the game, and the announced attendance of 61,000 was BS.  MAYBE 45,000  tops...  Bret and ALL of his underperforming coaching staff need to go.....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

hogsmash12

THIS thread is hilarious if you go back and read the quotes and all of the amens....highly entertaining

King Kong

hogsmash12

Quote from: King Kong on November 06, 2017, 10:26:07 pm
I don't enjoy losing

Hog fan of 40 years.....I'm ready to go all junction boys too...but there's some damn funny stuff in this thread

Burt B.

Quote from: hogsmash12 on November 06, 2017, 10:25:32 pm
THIS thread is hilarious if you go back and read the quotes and all of the amens....highly entertaining
You got that right!

The NewEra

Quote from: Lanny on October 31, 2017, 08:01:43 am
Arkansas will pulverize Coastal Carolina this week.  I would like to see the fans support the football team and wait until the end of the season for new coach discussion.

Just when you think it can't get any worse and the bleeding has stopped, we struggle to beat CC when by all accounts they should have been pulverized. 

The Hawg Marshal

Not much chance of enjoying the rest of this season. As sad as that is.

tolerati

Unfortunately we did not pulverize CC. Another reason to get rid of BB.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal