Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on Will Rogers Downs

Started by husker71, April 04, 2017, 12:25:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

on March 20 horse broke his maiden BUT they allowed the wrong horse to run and win.  Scott Young was the trainer and just got 2 horses from Assmussen .  When they took the horse over somehow got through the paddock judge and the horse won BUT when he went to the test barn they discovered the mistake.  More info to follow per the Paulick Report 

holeinthewall

Wow..  There was one at Parx yesterday that had broke its maiden but was later DQ'd for a failed drug test post race.  Came back and won at 4-1.   How do you let a horse go off at 4-1 that has already won at the same level.

userpick

I played a little WRD yesterday with Kingoftherapids. Takeout on pick 3s and pick 4s are 25%. I don't see why anyone would play this track without a good rebate account.

kingoftherapids

little background on us playing there yesterday... we were 3/4 in late pick 4... we didnt have the horse that paid 3 bucks..yes you heard it correctly. by far and away the stakes races was a 2 horse race in a field of 5 or 6. it was assman and the horse on the rail. we single assman who ends up going off at 3/2 and get beat by the rail horse that pays 3 bucks... pick 4... pays over 2000....

userpick

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on April 05, 2017, 02:59:51 pm
little background on us playing there yesterday... we were 3/4 in late pick 4... we didnt have the horse that paid 3 bucks..yes you heard it correctly. by far and away the stakes races was a 2 horse race in a field of 5 or 6. it was assman and the horse on the rail. we single assman who ends up going off at 3/2 and get beat by the rail horse that pays 3 bucks... pick 4... pays over 2000....

Tough beat.   Probably only 4 or 5 winning tickets. I looked up the pools for WRD and the late pick 4 the prior Monday had over 12k in it.   Hard to believe many people are playing large tickets so getting a couple price horses means you could take the pool or half of it.  I don't mind playing in to these smaller pools with reasonable tickets.

KOTR has seen me playing at Indiana which can pay very nice also. 

holeinthewall

Quote from: userpick on April 05, 2017, 10:17:33 am
I played a little WRD yesterday with Kingoftherapids. Takeout on pick 3s and pick 4s are 25%. I don't see why anyone would play this track without a good rebate account.

For comparison out of todays racing form.

Oaklawn in 21%
Keeneland 19%
Tampa 18%
Aqueduct 24%
Gulfstream 20% although P5 is 15%.   So that tells me where to put my money.

mckinneyhog5

I don't play WRD but sometimes when Oaklawn isn't running I just watch other tracks. Two Monday's ago I was looking at Fairgrouds and WRD. When the pool totals opened for the first race, I noticed a horse with the ML of 15-1 opened with a 75 win bet. Nothing else was even close. The ML favorite was 2/1 and had like 8 dollars on it when the pools opened. I looked at the exactas and also noticed that the horse with 75 win bet on it dominated the exacta payouts.

As time got closer to post time the odds had almost climbed back to the ML of 15-1. Well you can guess what happens next...

This got me thinking about who placed the initial bet and did they bet more as the odds climbed back up? Why just 75 to win? It just seemed strange otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.