Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 permanent home and home SEC teams named

Started by ricepig, May 28, 2015, 04:39:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

@RazorbackMBB: BREAKING | Arkansas' 3 permanent opponents starting in 2015-16 will be Missouri, Texas A&M & LSU ... play each twice http://t.co/aGpLXtX4jq

Hawg Red

JackTNHogfan

Inhogswetrust

Kensucky got the easiest schedule..............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Karma on May 28, 2015, 05:19:12 pm
You joking Clark?

Of course. BUT to read some on here they think that Bama always gets what they want in football and Kentucky always gets what they want in basketball.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 28, 2015, 05:31:06 pm
Of course. BUT to read some on here they think that Bama always gets what they want in football and Kentucky always gets what they want in basketball.
I gotcha.

-Blu

May 28, 2015, 05:53:48 pm #7 Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:07:14 pm by -Blu
I guess they went more by "football" rivals to determine the format.  Otherwise you would have seen Arkansas and Kentucky matched up twice.  Regardless, that's still a very good draw for us.  Mizzou should be a very sweepable series.  TAM and LSU will be good, but beatable and most importantly good for our SOS, both teams this year should be around top 30-40ish RPI teams.

And since we know the majority of our Non-conference looks like we're going to be in a good position SOS wise, key for us is to just have a respectable record and we could possibly make the tournament with only 19 or 20 wins.

nwahogfan1

Missouri right now is a sweep able series but A&M and LSU will be much tougher.  They both are getting it done really well with their Recruiting right now.  So we will have to continue to recruit well or it will get interesting.

HotlantaHog

Seems to make geographic sense. Would have preferred Kentucky as one. I think over time Arkansas will have at least No. 2 basketball program (with Billy D. Leaving UF.) But will be some good matchups.

hawgmasta

Works for me  ;)

It's true about recruiting with A&M and LSU they have been stepping up their game. Unfortunately for us basketball is probably the most direct success correlated with recruiting well. I think that CMA has a longer track record as a much better coach and we aren't a team full of scrubs by any means. Should be some exciting good games from these home and home series.