Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Festus Ezili & Moses Kingsley

Started by mbgrulz, May 27, 2015, 09:56:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

Watching the Warriors, I remembered Ezili from Vandy. Went back and looked at his story and it's pretty striking how similar they are through their first 2 years in college.

1.) Ezili played his first two years behind AJ Ogilvy. MK has played behind BP for 2 years. MK has averaged about 11 mpg whereas Ezili averaged 12 mpg.

2.) Their entire stat line from year 1 and 2 are identical. Points...blocks...rebounds...all identical.

3.) both Nigerians

4.) both similarly recruited, although Moses was a bit higher rated.

The next part is that Ezili became a draft pick. What will Moses do???

King Kong

Would be good news for us if that could happen.

rzrbackramsfan

Very good analysis.  I've always just thought all moses needed was more minutes.   I think he could be money in the post.

WarPig88

Thanks for the info. The program would certainly be on better footing if Kingsley were to become as good in the post as Ezili was in college.

The_Iceman

Ezili is 6'11" 265 pounds.

Moses is 6'9.5" 211 pounds.

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 28, 2015, 10:21:39 am
Ezili is 6'11" 265 pounds.

Moses is 6'9.5" 211 pounds.

I am assuming you are saying that is what Moses was out of high school? He is closer to 240 now.

There are a lot  of big men who weren't factors their first few years for whatever reason, and then make it to the pros. Frank Kaminsky and Gorgui Dieng come to mind.

bigred223

I think Moses will take a huge step forward next year.

Big Nasty 34

All hog fans hope he takes steps forward anyway.

trashcan maN

Quote from: bigred223 on May 28, 2015, 06:52:21 pm
I think Moses will take a huge step forward next year.
I was hoping to see a little more from him this year. He actually looked about the same as his Fr year.

He needs to get in the gym this summer and develop a nasty baby hook and an up and under move. He doesn't have to be Hakeem, but he needs 2 or 3 go to moves when he gets the ball deep in the paint.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: trashcan maN on May 29, 2015, 07:58:56 am
I was hoping to see a little more from him this year. He actually looked about the same as his Fr year.

He needs to get in the gym this summer and develop a nasty baby hook and an up and under move. He doesn't have to be Hakeem, but he needs 2 or 3 go to moves when he gets the ball deep in the paint.
His biggest problem on Offense is that he Bends down every time he tries to score down low. He needs to stand up tall and attack...Wish we had a great Big Mans coach.

WorfHog

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on May 29, 2015, 08:36:39 am
His biggest problem on Offense is that he Bends down every time he tries to score down low. He needs to stand up tall and attack...Wish we had a great Big Mans coach.

I wonder if we'll see any of our guys going to camps like we some did last season. Portis seems to really benefit from the LeBron camp.