Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs. Texas Tech in SEC/Big 12 Challenge

Started by Hawg Red, May 14, 2015, 01:07:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Jan 30 at the Bud.

QuoteBo Mattingly ‏@SportsTalkwBo 9 minutes ago

Arkansas will host Texas Tech in basketball on Jan. 30, 2016 as part of the Big 12/SEC Challenge.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 14, 2015, 01:07:55 pm
Jan 30 at the Bud.
I will mark a W in that column, so would have much rather had the Horns, or even Baylor.

popcornhog

I was hoping for Kansas. Oh well. We'll likely be much better in 2016-2017 than we will in 2015-2016 anyway. Save a Big XII blue blood until then.
WPS

-Blu

We got the best possible draw, should be a nice W at home and they should still be around 100 or so RPI.

The_Iceman

Peppa Pig

Poor Red Raiders.  They've got to come and get whipped in Fayetteville twice next year.

razorhead94

If Bobby and Qualls would have stayed they would have matched Texas/Baylor/Kansas against the Hogs.

They always try to match up teams that will be good games by ability/projection.

Also interesting that the date is Jan. 30 which is right in the middle of conference play.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Jborohog09

Press release by the Hogs also confirmed the games at Wake Forest and at Dayton.

dbhog

That matchup sucks.  No RPI gain for the Hogs.  Wish we could have gotten OSU and let the Raiders go play Albarn.

thehill1414

Wow, big letdown...Sure wish we were playing OSU, Kstate, OU, etc. They must not project we will be very good this year?

Adam Stokes

Good RPI match-up.  We turn out better with an 90% to win this one than by being a 60/40 vs a team such as OSU.  There will be plenty of more difficult games on our schedule, so I'll be fine with having a better chance to win with this one.  Though considering they had an RPI of 180 last year (with a boosted SOS thanks to being in the Big 12) I hope they are a lot better this year.  Does anyone know how much improvement we can expect from them?

Atlhogfan1

Underwhelming matchup.  We just got finished with a nice RPI non conf but uninteresting schedule.  OU, OSU, Baylor with their normally athletic team would have been more intriguing.  Doesn't help the Hogs build a brand at all.  At least it may be a win. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WorfHog

We had to play Iowa State on a good year, and get the raider at home when we're likely going to be down.  :puke:

HawgAdvocate

ESPN should have matched us against Shaka & Texas.

There would be 70 combined FTs shot. Their advertisers would love it.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Quote from: WorfHog on May 14, 2015, 07:51:52 pm
We had to play Iowa State on a good year, and get the raider at home when we're likely going to be down.  :puke:
That's how it works. They try to match the best teams against the best teams.

I'm sure Dusty Hannahs is looking forward to this game.

popcornhog

Quote from: WorfHog on May 14, 2015, 07:51:52 pm

Isn't that what we want? Big time match ups when we're good and lowly, beatable teams when we suck?
WPS