Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I want a National Championship

Started by jkelly107, November 09, 2013, 08:22:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebignasty

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:19:22 pm
He might be the biggest SOB that ever lived but there is no way you can say the Guy cant coach.
Yeah. Year one can be tough, huh?

thefisher

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 09, 2013, 08:46:23 pm
how many conference and national titles did Petrino win while he was here?

That would be 0

Petrino's finished in the SEC West were

2008 - tied for 4th
2009 - tied for 4th
2010 - tied for 2nd
2011 - 3rd

Petrino's average finish was 3.35 is the SEC West.  With Petrino you could count on finishing about 3rd or 4th in our half of the conference.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

redeye

I don't consider myself a diehard BB fan, but I'm not ready to admit that he's not a great coach, either. In fact, I think you're foolish to think that right now. You probably would have said the same about Saban in his first year at Alabama, of all places.

I'm sure this has been pointed out, but I can't help from laughing at your title, when none of the coaches or teams you mentioned have won a national championship. The reason I think Bielema could win a national championship here is because he'll have better players and more money for assistants then he ever did at Wisconsin. His Big Ten record is better then Saban's and he did it at a school with less historical success.

Finally, if Bielema doesn't turn it around after 3-4 years, then you won't have to worry about him being here long. Our fans are too loud for that to happen today.

jkelly107

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 09, 2013, 09:18:51 pm
So you went from wanting a NC to a few NCs.  Get ready to die a disappointed man.
Probably but a guy can dream. Frank Broyles was able to establish some dominance here and BP was on his way so I know it can be done

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 09, 2013, 09:19:58 pm
and neither has Petrino, Kelly, Briles, Peterson.  Offensive recruiting to ANY scheme has never been the problem.  When will you people realize that DEFENSIVE recruiting is why we haven't won a championship and what we have to improve in order to compete with Bama and LSU. 
bingo
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Chief Mac

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:19:22 pm
He might be the biggest SOB that ever lived but there is no way you can say the Guy cant coach.

the guy can coach offense.  Defense, not so much. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:23:18 pm
Probably but a guy can dream. Frank Broyles was able to establish some dominance here and BP was on his way so I know it can be done

Frank did great things....before integration.  Would he be able to fare as well today, probably.  Frank understood that you hire great assistants and let them do their jobs. 

Petrino had two very good years here and probably would've had 9 or 10 wins last year.  This year would have been bad
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Hawgphish

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jkelly107

Quote from: redeye on November 09, 2013, 09:22:55 pm
I don't consider myself a diehard BB fan, but I'm not ready to admit that he's not a great coach, either. In fact, I think you're foolish to think that right now. You probably would have said the same about Saban in his first year at Alabama, of all places.

I'm sure this has been pointed out, but I can't help from laughing at your title, when none of the coaches or teams you mentioned have won a national championship. The reason I think Bielema could win a national championship here is because he'll have better players and more money for assistants then he ever did at Wisconsin. His Big Ten record is better then Saban's and he did it at a school with less historical success.

Finally, if Bielema doesn't turn it around after 3-4 years, then you won't have to worry about him being here long. Our fans are too loud for that to happen today.
Not sure why you think he will have better players but I hope your right. More money for assistants for sure. I actually thought he did a great job on the assistants he brought in. I don't feel like they have performed as well as I thought they would on player development or recruiting.
As far a Saban no I would have stuck that one out. Saban has a fire in him that I haven't seen in BB. 

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 09, 2013, 09:27:17 pm
Another gus thread thanks OP

he won't answer what freshmen Gus would not start this year if Gus were here

spread the word

redeye

Quote from: thefisher on November 09, 2013, 09:22:31 pm
That would be 0

Petrino's finished in the SEC West were

2008 - tied for 4th
2009 - tied for 4th
2010 - tied for 2nd
2011 - 3rd

Petrino's average finish was 3.35 is the SEC West.  With Petrino you could count on finishing about 3rd or 4th in our half of the conference.

Are you really criticizing Petrino for finishing behind the 2 best teams in the nation in 2011? Or for finishing ahead of Alabama and tying LSU in 2010? Geez.

PonderinHog

pignosticator

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 09, 2013, 08:35:06 pm
I predict you are going to live a miserable existence as a Hog fan.

I already am ...
Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

— John Heisman (1869–1936), legendary football coach for whom the Heisman Trophy is named

jkelly107

Quote from: BPsTheMan on November 09, 2013, 09:30:13 pm
he won't answer what freshmen Gus would not start this year if Gus were here

spread the word
I have no idea. But I feel he would get more out of the talent we have than what BB has.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:36:02 pm
I have no idea. But I feel he would get more out of the talent we have than what BB has.

do you know how many freshmen and sophomores we start?

WilsonHog

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:23:18 pm

JFB established some dominance here back when Bull Connor was blasting black people with water hoses and the hot debate was whether Oswald was the lone gunman.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BPsTheMan on November 09, 2013, 09:38:03 pm
do you know how many freshmen and sophomores we start?
What this team needs is Clint Conque leading them.

jkelly107

Everyone here wants whats best for the Razorbacks at least I hope thats the case. This is a message board and sometimes a good place to vent. My vent is I have been through quite a few wrong hires and want Arkansas to get it right for once. I don't wanna be to old to enjoy a NC. Every time we make the wrong hire we have to wait 3 or more years before we get another coach. Before you know it your in your 40's and still no NC

redeye

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:29:26 pm

Not sure why you think he will have better players but I hope your right. More money for assistants for sure. I actually thought he did a great job on the assistants he brought in. I don't feel like they have performed as well as I thought they would on player development or recruiting.
As far a Saban no I would have stuck that one out. Saban has a fire in him that I haven't seen in BB.

I think we'll have better players, because we're already doing it. And because we always have. Arkansas has always recruited better then Wisconsin and Bielema's already proving that he's a good recruiter. It's just that people who expect him to bring in top-10 classes are unrealistic, because they're expecting something that's never happened before and possibly never will.

In 2007, Saban barely had a winning record at Alabama and lost to ULM (both are a much bigger deal for Alabama, then for Arkansas.) In 2008, he lost to Utah in their bowl game. His third year they won the national championship. If it wasn't for his success at LSU previously, I guarantee you a lot of fans around here would have given up on him before his 3rd year.

In his 3 years at Michigan State -- a program historically better then Wisconsin -- Saban went 19-16-1, which was only slightly better then Michigan State had done in the previous 3 years.

jkelly107

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 09, 2013, 09:40:00 pm
Not a bad choice. I was a Bear back when coach Horton SR was coaching. That guy could coach also

redeye

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:36:02 pm

The question is who will win more games 5 years from now. It's quite obvious why Malzahn is getting a lot out of his talent at Auburn, because he recruited them. He might have gotten more out of our current talent, too, but this is why every coach deserves the opportunity to bring in his own players. One thing you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SAY is that Malzahn has always gotten more out of his players, because even though he was bringing in classes ranked in the 50's at Wisconsin, Bielema sent more players to the NFL then any coach in his 7 years there.

jkelly107

Quote from: redeye on November 09, 2013, 09:46:59 pm
I think we'll have better players, because we're already doing it. And because we always have. Arkansas has always recruited better then Wisconsin and Bielema's already proving that he's a good recruiter. It's just that people who expect him to bring in top-10 classes are unrealistic, because they're expecting something that's never happened before and possibly never will.

In 2007, Saban barely had a winning record at Alabama and lost to ULM (both are a much bigger deal for Alabama, then for Arkansas.) In 2008, he lost to Utah in their bowl game. His third year they won the national championship. If it wasn't for his success at LSU previously, I guarantee you a lot of fans around here would have given up on him before his 3rd year.

In his 3 years at Michigan State -- a program historically better then Wisconsin -- Saban went 19-16-1, which was only slightly better then Michigan State had done in the previous 3 years.
Arkansas has always recruited better then Wisconsin
That's kinda my point. We were dead last in the SEC in recruiting last time I checked. If he didn't recruit as well as our previous coaches then why do you expect him to now?

ThreeWayInn

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 09, 2013, 08:29:32 pm
Guess we haven't had the right coach since 1964 when we were in the all white SWC and not today's SEC.  Holtz and the rest since then have all sucked.

And even that one is disputed by non-Arkansan's

clutch

Quote from: redeye on November 09, 2013, 09:46:59 pm

Funny isn't it how it takes almost every coach 3 years to really get going yet around here there's so many people calling for BB's head before year 1 is even over.

Saban couldn't do it in year 1. Briles went through two 4-8 seasons before he finally had a winning season and then it took him a couple more to get to 10 wins. Petrino had a bad year in year 1, year 2 was only slightly better and finally got it going in year 3. That was in large part to him benefiting from one of the most talented in state recruiting classes we've ever seen. He walked in just as a boat load of in state playmakers were ready to head to the hill. It could be argued that had he come at a different time it would have taken him a lot longer than 3 years to get to where he got us, especially considering the shape we were in once those players were gone.

There's literally hundreds of examples of coaches needing a few years to get their teams rolling. There's a reason for that. It takes time to get players in that can play in your system. Year 3 is when you start judging a coaches capabilities. Year 1 is basically a free pass, especially when you come in following a year of an interim coach. That pretty much guarantees you that you are going to have a years worth of bad recruiting. I was just happy he was able to at least grab us a little talent in the short time he had. 

redeye

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:53:51 pm
Arkansas has always recruited better then Wisconsin
That's kinda my point. We were dead last in the SEC in recruiting last time I checked. If he didn't recruit as well as our previous coaches then why do you expect him to now?

He has recruited as well as our previous coaches, so I don't know why you would say that. Our typical class is ranked in the 25-35 range. The last time I checked, we were ranked #30 on 247 (I don't know about other services, because I don't keep up with them.) This is after losing Eluemunor, but before finishing strong, as I think we might. Petrino a Nutt both had classes in the 40's, so I don't understand why you think he's doing worse?

Last I checked, the 2015 class was ranked in the top-10 and looks to be even better.

jkelly107

Quote from: redeye on November 09, 2013, 09:53:19 pm
The question is who will win more games 5 years from now. It's quite obvious why Malzahn is getting a lot out of his talent at Auburn, because he recruited them. He might have gotten more out of our current talent, too, but this is why every coach deserves the opportunity to bring in his own players. One thing you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SAY is that Malzahn has always gotten more out of his players, because even though he was bringing in classes ranked in the 50's at Wisconsin, Bielema sent more players to the NFL then any coach in his 7 years there.
That statement really reminds me of Nutt. Arkansas was loaded with NFL talent but he wasn't smart enough or was to hard headed to change. Nutt had the talent to win a NC.

Kc-Razor

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:44:05 pm
Everyone here wants whats best for the Razorbacks at least I hope thats the case. This is a message board and sometimes a good place to vent. My vent is I have been through quite a few wrong hires and want Arkansas to get it right for once. I don't wanna be to old to enjoy a NC. Every time we make the wrong hire we have to wait 3 or more years before we get another coach. Before you know it your in your 40's and still no NC

:o    "Everyone here wants whats best for the Razorbacks at least I hope thats the case"

If only this were true!

"Before you know it your in your 40's and still no NC"

1st you are still a young person,

2nd it's not like there are 100 plus teams also wanting the same thing is it?

jkelly107

redeye I hope your right so we don't have to suffer through another coaching debacle. I just don't see the fire in BB that I would like to. I will either be happy eating crow in a few years or I will be happy to be getting another coach. Then probably pissed again that the PTB made the wrong hire. Guess that's the life of a Razorback fan. 

pigmailyen

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 08:34:54 pm
Holtz and Bobby could have won big here consistently. Holtz and the Admin King Broyles the First didn't see eye to eye and we all know what happened with BP.

You're welcome.

redeye

Quote from: clutch on November 09, 2013, 09:58:15 pm
Funny isn't it how it takes almost every coach 3 years to really get going yet around here there's so many people calling for BB's head before year 1 is even over.

Saban couldn't do it in year 1. Briles went through two 4-8 seasons before he finally had a winning season and then it took him a couple more to get to 10 wins. Petrino had a bad year in year 1, year 2 was only slightly better and finally got it going in year 3. That was in large part to him benefiting from one of the most talented in state recruiting classes we've ever seen. He walked in just as a boat load of in state playmakers were ready to head to the hill. It could be argued that had he come at a different time it would have taken him a lot longer than 3 years to get to where he got us, especially considering the shape we were in once those players were gone.

There's literally hundreds of examples of coaches needing a few years to get their teams rolling. There's a reason for that. It takes time to get players in that can play in your system. Year 3 is when you start judging a coaches capabilities. Year 1 is basically a free pass, especially when you come in following a year of an interim coach. That pretty much guarantees you that you are going to have a years worth of bad recruiting. I was just happy he was able to at least grab us a little talent in the short time he had.

Yea, I mostly agree with all that; especially the part about year 1 being a free pass, because that's EXACTLY the way I think of it. So many new coaches have looked dismal in their first year, only to woo everyone a year or two later.

I actually think it's better to struggle in year 1 and I'll tell you why. As you mentioned, good coaches have to build their system, get their players, and all that takes time. Bad coaches often infuse some new energy/excitement and experience immediate success, but little after the first 1-2 years. History is full of great coaches who have had great early success and then struggled while the program declined.

The exceptions are usually coaches who are promoted or have ties to the team they're taking over. We've seen this with Oregon and Auburn in recent years. Sumlin at A&M is very unique, although A&M wasn't devoid of talent and there was much excitement surrounding their first year in the SEC, wanting to prove themselves.

fieldturf

At this point I take him over Bert or even JLS back.  This guy from Wisconsin is in way over his head, but he's getting paid good.  5 million what I'm hearing...

Dbl D

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 08:37:12 pm
2006    Wisconsin    12–1    7–1    T–2nd    W Capital One    5    7
2007    Wisconsin    9–4    5–3    T–4th    L Outback    21    24
2008    Wisconsin    7–6    3–5    T–6th    L Champs Sports       
2009    Wisconsin    10–3    5–3    T–4th    W Champs Sports    16    16
2010    Wisconsin    11–2    7–1    T–1st    L Rose†    8    7
2011    Wisconsin    11–3    6–2    1st (Leaders)    L Rose†    11    10
2012    Wisconsin    8–5    4–4    3rd (Leaders)*    Rose‡†    23‡    
No National Championships
so STFU
2 and 4 in bowl game.  we hired the wrong coach.

redeye

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 09:59:37 pm
That statement really reminds me of Nutt. Arkansas was loaded with NFL talent but he wasn't smart enough or was to hard headed to change. Nutt had the talent to win a NC.

I'm not sure which statement you mean, but I wasn't a Nutt fan. In fact, he's a good example of a coach having early success and then struggling, only Nutt had help to keep him from failing miserably. I was ready for Nutt to go after his 3rd year, and if we don't see significant improvement in Bielema 3 years from now, then I'l be ready to see him go, too. I don't know that Bielema will get it done, but there are good reasons to think he can and he deserves the chance.

None of this matters, anyway, because it's extremely unlikely that Bielema is going anywhere soon. You don't fire coaches before giving them 3 years or you'll gain a reputation for not giving coaches a fair shake. I'll be the first to agree that Nutt should have been fired sooner, but that doesn't affect our current program.

redeye

Quote from: Dbl D on November 09, 2013, 10:11:39 pm
2 and 4 in bowl game.  we hired the wrong coach.

Who should we have hired then?

It's always amusing listening to fans complain about one of the most successful, winningest coaches of the past 7 years. I wonder if LSU fans were complaining about Saban being hired his first year, after he'd gone 19-16-1, with no national championships, at MSU.

Flying Razorback

So guy comes on here saying he wishes we had hired a coach that had his team in the top 10 consistently, ranked #1, and been in the national championship conversation...

And then he goes to name a bunch of coaches that went 5-7 or 4-8 or worse in their first years as head coaches and/or have current records like that...

And then he doesn't mention that Bielema had teams that were ranked the way he wishes we were ranked and were consistently mentioned in national title conversations throughout the year...

Hog Fans.  I love them.  It has never been dull around here.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

LRRandy

only if he could woo Venables to be defensive coordinator.
This is fun, isn't it.

Chief Mac

Quote from: fieldturf on November 09, 2013, 10:11:11 pm
At this point I take him over Bert or even JLS back.  This guy from Wisconsin is in way over his head, but he's getting paid good.  5 million what I'm hearing...

lets not let facts get in the way of your agenda

According to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Bielema's six-year contract, which runs through Dec. 31 of 2018, will pay the head coach in the neighborhood of $2.95 million annually.  Bonuses based on academic and on-field performance could push that number to as high as $3.65 million.

Last season with the Badgers, his seventh season in Madison, Bielema made just over $2.6 million.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/19/bielemas-contract-details-released/

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 08:38:36 pm
I will always be a hog fan. Just tired of saying we will get them next year.
Can't even say that this year.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

if we were in the big 12, we would've been in a couple national championship games in the last 20 years. go undefeated in the big 12, and we get in a national championship game easy. we have no chance of winning a national championship in the SEC. we can't even get in the SEC championship game. we need to step back and join the big 12 and let florida state have our spot.

jkelly107

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 09, 2013, 10:22:39 pm
So guy comes on here saying he wishes we had hired a coach that had his team in the top 10 consistently, ranked #1, and been in the national championship conversation...

And then he goes to name a bunch of coaches that went 5-7 or 4-8 or worse in their first years as head coaches and/or have current records like that...

And then he doesn't mention that Bielema had teams that were ranked the way he wishes we were ranked and were consistently mentioned in national title conversations throughout the year...

Hog Fans.  I love them.  It has never been dull around here.
Maybe I just don't like the guy. Probably a little of that and a little of not getting the coach I wanted. He does look like a dufus on the sideline. Especially wearing a windbreaker in 100 degree weather.
Don't like his sideline demeanor much either. Looks lost no fire
But to be nice he has a goodlooking wife and hired what I thought was a top notch assistant staff. 

Flying Razorback

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 10:47:13 pm
Maybe I just don't like the guy. Probably a little of that and a little of not getting the coach I wanted. He does look like a dufus on the sideline. Especially wearing a windbreaker in 100 degree weather.
But to be nice he has a goodlooking wife and hired what I thought was a top notch assistant staff. 

I appreciate the honesty.  Because you definitely don't have evidence of him being a bad coach since he meets all your requirements in a head coach. 

You want fire on the sidelines, some people like that.  Texas and Florida sure did with Will Muschamp.  He's doing a great job at Florida with their unlimited talent...

At least we know it's just a fashion thing for you and not a football thing.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

hogsanity

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 10:47:13 pm

Actually refreshing your ridiculous ideas are admittedly not based on football at least you are not some xbox armchair wannabee coach.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkelly107

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on November 09, 2013, 10:54:33 pm

I appreciate the honesty.  Because you definitely don't have evidence of him being a bad coach since he meets all your requirements in a head coach. 

You want fire on the sidelines, some people like that.  Texas and Florida sure did with Will Muschamp.  He's doing a great job at Florida with their unlimited talent...

At least we know it's just a fashion thing for you and not a football thing.
I see fire in Saban, Gus, Spurrier . Not so much in  Bielema, Mullen or Richt

3kgthog

Quote from: locusbug on November 09, 2013, 09:08:58 pm
You do know his team is 6th in the Sunbelt. Yep that mighty bastion of football - the Sunbelt.

At least BP has an SEC win this year. You have no comeback for that, so don't even try. They'll send us a postcard from their bowl, too.

hogginbama

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 09, 2013, 09:19:58 pm
and neither has Petrino, Kelly, Briles, Peterson.  Offensive recruiting to ANY scheme has never been the problem.  When will you people realize that DEFENSIVE recruiting is why we haven't won a championship and what we have to improve in order to compete with Bama and LSU. 

They will never realize that. The only thing some of these folks focus on is the offensive side of the game. They forget that the defense must keep the other team from scoring more than us.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 09, 2013, 08:29:32 pm
Guess we haven't had the right coach since 1964 when we were in the all white SWC and not today's SEC.  Holtz and the rest since then have all sucked.

Well, it probably doesn't go back that far (to 1964), but since Holtz's 1977 Assistant Coaching Staff, the only really good football Coaches we have had since that 1977 Assistant Coaching Staff have been Ken Hatfield, Joe Kines, Tracy Rocker, Steve Caldwell, Sam Pittman, and Randy Shannon. 

redeye

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on November 09, 2013, 10:37:52 pm
lets not let facts get in the way of your agenda

According to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Bielema's six-year contract, which runs through Dec. 31 of 2018, will pay the head coach in the neighborhood of $2.95 million annually.  Bonuses based on academic and on-field performance could push that number to as high as $3.65 million.

Last season with the Badgers, his seventh season in Madison, Bielema made just over $2.6 million.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/19/bielemas-contract-details-released/

IIRC, they wanted to pay Bielema more, but he asked them to pay his assistants more, instead.

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on November 09, 2013, 10:43:26 pm
if we were in the big 12, we would've been in a couple national championship games in the last 20 years. go undefeated in the big 12, and we get in a national championship game easy. we have no chance of winning a national championship in the SEC. we can't even get in the SEC championship game. we need to step back and join the big 12 and let florida state have our spot.

We may have won a national championship in the Big XII, but only under Petrino. Nutt might have had a chance in 2006, but he would have found a way to lose a couple of games.

We've played in 3 SEC championship games, so I don't know why you would say we can't get in one. I'm seriously wondering if you're a troll, because not only do you fail to realize how close we've come to playing for a national title, you also want Arkansas to join a conference that's struggling to even stay alive. If the Big XII wasn't such a mess, I'm not sure that I'd be against Arkansas joining, but it's a huge fricking mess. And the SEC would play with 13 teams before they'd ask FSU to join, so you can forget about that, too.

CDBHawg

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 09, 2013, 08:22:10 pm
Even the most most die hard BB supporters would have to admit that BB is not a great coach. What scares me is if he has a few good years like say HDN and were stuck again.
The Arkansas job requires a great coach to win a NC. That is what we want right? As a razorback fan I want to be in the NC race every year and win one or two. BB didn't win a NC in WI. so what makes anyone think he will here. It will take a coach like Art Briles. Bobby Petrino, Gus Malzahn, Chip Kelly ,Chris Peterson and a few others. I am a Malzahn fan and truly feel like he would have been to AR as Briles is to Baylor. A coach who is connected with the coaches within our state and can recruit nationally. That ship may have sailed. I just don't want fans to get complacent and settle for a few 8 or 9 win seasons and think that's the best we can hope for. If nothing else BP has proven you can win big at AR. Don't settle for HDN.
Teams like Oregon, Boise State, TCU and Baylor have been in the NC picture on a frequent basis over the last few years. I see no reason why Arkansas can't. Arkansas has great facilities and is a beautiful area to live.  We just need the right coach.

You want a NC. Then you mention coaches who don't have one.

redeye

I don't know why I spent so much time on this thread, because I'm convinced it's full of anti-Arkansas trolls. Just too many silly things being said to believe that it's real.