Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Adams

Started by raginwildfire, January 03, 2008, 02:25:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

raginwildfire

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3177350&vvv

Looks like he is impressing so people down in Florida...he would be a nice addition!!

Sow’sEar

give us the main points.  Cant open that up at work because of a firewall.

songofthesword

PLeASE I want this kid.

davehog

Quote from: raginwildfire on January 03, 2008, 02:39:32 pm
We all do....instant starter and contributor!!

Starter where?  CB or WR?  I think we will be fine at WR, with a few pieces that are already on campus (Tuck, Crawford) and the other commitments (especially Cruz Williams, Wright, Childs).  But, we will need the most help at CB next season.  I hope that Adams realizes the opportunity to play both sides of the ball NEXT SEASON at Arkansas as opposed to a likely redshirt year and limited PT at SC. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: raginwildfire on January 03, 2008, 02:30:37 pm
On the Red side, Joe Adams (Little Rock, Ark./Central Arkansas Christian) was wearing an offensive jersey Wednesday and was frequently lined up in the slot. Adams flashed his elite quickness to gain separation on underneath routes and then make defenders miss after the catch.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dougieritch

Nice Find Guys (+1)

THX!

Hey I have a general Question:  Who is/was better Joe Adams or Damian Williams?  Thanks!

Lonnie Earl

Quote from: dougieritch on January 03, 2008, 03:39:43 pm
Nice Find Guys (+1)

THX!

Hey I have a general Question:  Who is/was better Joe Adams or Damian Williams?  Thanks!
Joe Adams!

disGUSted

Jarious Wright could be special as a CB, but to help land he and/or Joe Adams, Petrino and co. may think about using them on BOTH sides of the ball in order to enhance a possible Hiesman run, ala Charles Woodson (Michigan). Add to that returning punts and kicks would mean lots of face time. 8)

Lonnie Earl

Quote from: disGUSted on January 03, 2008, 03:52:26 pm
Jarious Wright could be special as a CB, but to help land he and/or Joe Adams, Petrino and co. may think about using them on BOTH sides of the ball in order to enhance a possible Hiesman run, ala Charles Woodson (Michigan). Add to that returning punts and kicks would mean lots of face time. 8)
We think alike... ;)
Didn't Ted Ginn Jr. play some CB his freshman year at tOSU?
Joe Adams reminds me a lot of Ted Ginn Jr....

songofthesword

1. joe adams can come in right now and shore up one side of the secondary for the next 3 Years.. he could come in and make one of our biggest questions a strenth

2. him and wright on the corners is just sick....filthy...

3. ne is nothing like ted ginn jr.. ted ginn was more raw with more speed. Adams is more polished

Razorvet

Adams would have started at QB, CB or WR on this seasons team.

jgphillips3

Adams is definitely a top three player in our state.  I really hope he feels the tug of the home State and dons our Razorback red.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: Lonnie Earl on January 03, 2008, 03:51:27 pm
Joe Adams!

You really think Adams was better than Williams? Never seen Adams but Williams was one of the top 5 high schoolers I have ever seen.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on January 03, 2008, 11:30:49 pm
You really think Adams was better than Williams? Never seen Adams but Williams was one of the top 5 high schoolers I have ever seen.

I saw both, they are both very gifted athletes.  Adams was more impressive because he never stepped off the field.  I think Wiliams has better hands, but Adams has better moves.

hawgwash

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on January 03, 2008, 11:30:49 pm
I saw Cruz play about 3 times this year, and I saw Adams when they played against each other.  Cruz is good, but Adams is better.  He's more versatile, plus PA almost never stopped him when he got his hands on the ball.  I also thnk he shut Williams down pretty well when he covered him. 

Brewerfan10

Quote from: hawgwash on January 04, 2008, 07:22:33 pm
I saw Cruz play about 3 times this year, and I saw Adams when they played against each other.  Cruz is good, but Adams is better.  He's more versatile, plus PA almost never stopped him when he got his hands on the ball.  I also thnk he shut Williams down pretty well when he covered him. 

Oh I was talking about Damian Williams, never seen Cruz play......I could imagine thoug that Joe might be a little more of a total package than Cruz. But I would love to see them both split out wide next year.

hawgwash

Sorry, I didn't go back and reread the earlier posts.  I just ASSumed I knew what you were asking!

Brewerfan10

haha no worries, i did learn something from your post so that was a plus anyway!

EternalSunshine

January 04, 2008, 10:09:53 pm #18 Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:11:49 pm by EternalSunshine
Quote from: hawgwash on January 04, 2008, 07:22:33 pm

Cruz had 10 catches for 118 yards and 2 TDs against CAC. Don't know how many times Adams was covering him but that's a pretty solid game. Adams had a ton of all purpose yards and a couple of TDs. Here are the stats from the game.

http://paproxy.pulaskiacademy.org/gobruins/football/stats/2007/cac.htm

hawgwash

I really don't think Cruz got many of those catches while Adams was covering him, but I suspect  there aren't statistics anywhere to show that one way or the other.  And I just remember thinking CAC should have gotten the ball to Adams more, because PA didn't seem to have an answer for him.

jpenrod1

Quote from: EternalSunshine on January 04, 2008, 10:09:53 pm
Cruz had 10 catches for 118 yards and 2 TDs against CAC. Don't know how many times Adams was covering him but that's a pretty solid game. Adams had a ton of all purpose yards and a couple of TDs. Here are the stats from the game.

http://paproxy.pulaskiacademy.org/gobruins/football/stats/2007/cac.htm

Adams played a lot of safety in highschool. In high school people play a lot of zone as well. I wish somebody had Joe's stats. He did everything in that game.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: raginwildfire on January 03, 2008, 02:39:32 pm
We all do....instant starter and contributor!!
That's what we said about MM.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Lonnie Earl on January 03, 2008, 04:36:28 pm
We think alike... ;)
Didn't Ted Ginn Jr. play some CB his freshman year at tOSU?
Joe Adams reminds me a lot of Ted Ginn Jr....

Joe Adams is nothing like Ted Ginn Jr.  Ted Ginn Jr. is much faster than Joe Adams but lacks the ability to run effective routes. 

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: donewithdale on January 03, 2008, 03:24:25 pm
Punt Returner - The position we have have been missing a difference maker at for years.  Recently, we just hope they catch the dang ball or let it go if inside the 10.  Would be nice to have returner who could get us 8-10 yds a return with the threat of breaking it or at least make the opponent kick short to avoid a return. 

amen