Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: What is everybody cooking this weekend for the game?

Started by troyer37, August 25, 2015, 11:13:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

troyer37

Well what is going to be this year for the first weekend of football. I did a pork butt last year and it turned out great. I tried a couple of methods some of you guys mentioned. All of them turned out pretty well. I need some ideas for this year. I got me a new Kamado Joe for this year and am pretty excited to use it for some long smokes.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: troyer37 on August 24, 2016, 01:52:27 pm
Well what is going to be this year for the first weekend of football. I did a pork butt last year and it turned out great. I tried a couple of methods some of you guys mentioned. All of them turned out pretty well. I need some ideas for this year. I got me a new Kamado Joe for this year and am pretty excited to use it for some long smokes.
Hot wings and celery sticks for me.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

82abn Ard

BabyBacks  sausage  leg quarters with beans and corn  with several beers!

LSUFan

This dumbass gator that walked up in the flooding with a dog in his mouth.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

troyer37

BR

HawgWild

DeltaBoy

Going to Brownwood Texas to see my daughter march in her first college game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

82abn Ard

BR

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 29, 2016, 08:39:38 am
Going to Brownwood Texas to see my daughter march in her first college game.
So that means your not cooking this weekend for the game...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BR on August 30, 2016, 01:32:53 pm
  So that means your not cooking this weekend for the game...

Yep I will be eating out instead.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 82abn Ard on August 29, 2016, 07:24:15 pm
Changed my mind, boing burgers and dogs
Boing burgers?  Are those anything like ricochet biscuits?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 31, 2016, 05:33:36 pm
Boing burgers?  Are those anything like ricochet biscuits?

Probably better than a boing dog.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: BR on August 25, 2016, 12:51:36 pm
No
Whats the closest place you have ever found it? I always get it when I'm in North Carolina a couple of times a year or I have family members bring some during holidays so Ive never really looked for it close to home.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

BR

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 01, 2016, 12:40:49 am
Whats the closest place you have ever found it? I always get it when I'm in North Carolina a couple of times a year or I have family members bring some during holidays so Ive never really looked for it close to home.
Memphis or Dyersburg TN

ImHogginIt

Wifey is gone to visit her family this weekend leaving me all alone to football and NASCAR. I plan on sleeping to at least mid morning then it is brats for brunch. Then sometime towards the end of Hog game will grill ribeyes for me and the dogs. Will grill ribeyes again Sunday before the NASCAR night race at Darlington. I have a case of beer and two boxes of red wine in the fridge for the weekend. My inner redneck will be exploding out after being bottled up all Summer  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

PorkRinds

Think I'm gonna do ribs.  Maybe a butt. Not sure yet.

Boarcephus

Seems almost sac-religious not to throw something on the grill for the opening day of football season but I'm doing a big pot of chili today.  Woke up and it was 50 degrees outside with a nice fall feel to it and said why not. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Sounds like a plan it not cooled off in Texas yet for me to make Chili.

PorkRinds

Ended up doing a butt Saturday and some shish kebabs last night.  I'll see if I can post the butt pics.