Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southland Conference Reps at UCA Today and Tomorrow

Started by WilsonHog, July 19, 2005, 09:44:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

UCA has notified the Gulf South Conference that it will leave next June if the school can find a new league. The school is hoping for an invitation to join the D-IAA Southland Conference in time for the 2006 season. Representatives of the conference are spending the next two days on the UCA campus.

I'm interested in this because several of my family members graduated from UCA. My family and I toured the campus yesterday because my son is looking at enrolling next August.  We came away totally impressed. I'd love to see them make the move to D-IAA.

WilsonHog

I'm not sure right now that UCA is second best. Beautiful campus, not too big and not too small. UCA has one of the best Honors Colleges in the country. Offers great opportunities for travel and education abroad, with the majority of the expenses paid for by grants. They're in the process of building a new dormitory that will house the Honors community in apartment-style housing. A 28 on the ACT will get tuition, room, and fees, and the Honors College picks up the cost of board.

That ain't a bad deal, especially with tuition seemingly rising daily at schools everywhere.  Last thing I want is for my kids to start life with student loans to repay, as I did.

WilsonHog

Looks like the visit went well. The Southland Conference folks are going to take a very positive recommendation back home, and the cost of becoming D-IAA in football wasn't as much as President Hardin first thought.

Hope it comes though for the Purple Bear faithful, one of which I am quickly becoming.