Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today's NASCAR race.........

Started by kristi1978, July 17, 2005, 08:37:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kristi1978

Did anyone see when Martin hit Sadler?  And Sadler running into the wall?  What was up with that?  What happened exactly?  I had left the room for a few minutes and then i get back i see the running order and Sadler is out of the race!?

hogsgrl09

it was tight racin and mark just accidently ran up into sadler. and he ran into the wall. mark wouldnt do that on purpose.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

kristi1978

Yeah i know Martin wouldn't hit anyone on purpose.  I just didn't see what happend so i was just wondering.  Thanks for the info guys!

tophawg19

kristi glad to see another female nascar fan to go with hogsgrl09 . she needs all the help she can get keeping up with the guys  :D LOL.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

kristi1978

lol yeah i'm sure i can have some great conversations with you guys on some good races  ;)

pioneerhog

Yeah Kristi it is good to see another female Nascar fan that starts joining in our discussions on here, well it really doesn't matter if you are male or female just that you are a Nascar fan and a Hog fan of course. I'm glad to have you on here talking about Nascar with us. If you want a pretty good little write up on the race every week check out 21Mann's Good, Badd and the Ugly topic he post, it is usually a pretty good read.

tophawg19

are you a big nascar fan? don't matter either way join in your opinions are welcome . insights may be a little different also .

hogsgrl09

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 18, 2005, 09:35:02 am
kristi glad to see another female nascar fan to go with hogsgrl09 . she needs all the help she can get keeping up with the guys :D LOL.

haha.....it is good 2 have another female nascar fan here. but i can handle them just fine. 2 talk with them i have 2 tie half my brain behind my bak just 2 make it fair.

lol jp. i admit it....i am the most ignorant on the board and it would b nice 2 have another female here.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

tophawg19

agent 009 you've come a long way and you do pay attention ;) always good to hear your views on races even if they are mark m . biased LOL .

hogsgrl09

lol. well at least theyr not 24 biased. uggg. :puke: jk.

kristi1978

Yeah i would say i'm a pretty big NASCAR fan.  My fav. driver is kasey kahne.  There are alot of other guys i like too but he's my fav.

hogsgrl09

hmmmm...do u like him tha most for his good looks or his drivin ablilities?? ;) lol jk

kristi1978

Well............ i would have to say for both lol  ;D.  And of course i want Martin to do well since he might be retiring this year :)  He's been very great for this sport and it would be great to see him go out in style ;)

kristi1978

July 18, 2005, 04:57:33 pm #13 Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 05:11:17 pm by kristi1978
So ............ Let's hear everyone's fav. nascar driver :)  I'm sure you guys can tell who mine is haha!!!!!!!!

pioneerhog

Well since I am from Batesville I probably wouldn't have to tell you, but it is Martin. With him possibly retireing after this year I must start looking for a new Fav and right now it looks like it will be Carl Edwards and Tony Stewert. I didn't use to like Stewert but it seems that he has lost some of his cockyness and that was the biggest thing I had against him, I will give it to him though he is one helluva driver.

kristi1978

July 18, 2005, 06:37:03 pm #15 Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 06:42:06 pm by kristi1978
OK well i will tell you i can't stand Stewart at all.  First of all he's cocky as anything, he's arrogant, he's annoying and after what he said at this past weekends race i dislike him even more.  The whole comment on i was the first one to climb the fence and if anyone does it they are just copying me??????  what the heck is he talking about!  Like that statement even needed to be said.  What are we.... 3 years old!  1 of the main reasons i dislike Stewart has to do with the way he drives and how he has no respect for the other drivers.  There was no need at all to do what he did to Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon.  You can win races without having to play dirty........Did anyone notice how Biffle and a few of the other drivers said congrats to Stewart this past weekend and he had nothing to say about anyone else. 

Anyway don't like him haha.  But i do like Carl Edwards, Martin, Saddler and Kyle Busch (but i can't stand Kyle's brother Kurt but anyway thats my little soap box lol!

pioneerhog

You are entitled to your views. I am not a big fan of Stewert yet, I am just starting to like him a little more, it is kinda hard to since I have hated him since he started. I don't know if I will ever be a real big Stewert fan but he is off my list of most hatted driver. I didn't see his interview after this past weekends race so I don't know what that is about. Come to think of it I haven't heard him say a whole lot in a while so that might be why I think he has lost some of his cockyness. Anything that anyone does to Johnson or J. Gordon I am happy to see, those two and Little E are my most hated drivers. I also like Sadler and someone else I like, don't know why I just always have, and that is Robby Gordon. Although his try at being an owner/driver isn't working to good, but it seems they are getting a little better all the time. Kahne isn't one of my favs but he is ok, I don't really have any views on him either way. There is a woman that is trying to come up the ranks of Nascar, right now she is in the regional races, and she use to race Indy cars and if she does make it to Cup cars I will support her 100%, I have liked her since her days in Indy and that is Sarah Fisher. Anyway I guess I am done with my rambleings, I hope they don't get you to confused and you can half way understand what I am saying.

hogsgrl09

i dont necessarily like stewart....but i have lately since hes on my fantasy team.
i cant stand Jr. ......mainly bc hes JR.
and srry..but i dislike kasey kahne.

my fav driver is mark though. hes a great clean driver and he has such class. (and my family sort of knew him in batesville.)
i was plannin on rootin 4 jamie mcmurray after mark retires mainly bc hes a good driver and in some way reminds me of mark....and it makes it even better hes gonna take over the 6 car.

tophawg19

Jeff Gordon & Jimmy Johnson . kahne is fast becoming one of the better drivers out there .

Buff

kevin harvick. and let the harvick bashing begin............now

if you dare cross your President

tophawg19

harvick has been trying to live up to the #3 legacy . i hope he puts that behind him and drives his own style . both gordon and johnson remind me of dale sr . when he was at his best . that is one reason they are hated much as he was .

Buff

harvick's biggest physical problem is the childress cars.  they don't seem to be very adjustable during races (if it starts loose or tight, it usually stays that way).  he has his own style, and it just happens to be aggressive.  i like that plus the fact that he doesn't act politically-correct, say-what-nascar-wants-me-to-say like most other drivers nowdays.  harvick and stewart, sometimesa long with guys like junior and kurt busch have the off-track attitide that makes it interesting.

y am i defending myself, i'm the stinking president for crying out loud!

tophawg19

childress has a problem maybe with the chassis builder . he has good drivers and teams but team direction is questionable . cheverolet teams aren't working together as much as they are supposed to . one reason ford has done so well .

Buff

ford has the roush-yates engines, and roush is on top of the chassis world.  chevy has hendrick, with only 1 driver in the chase so far.  childress and dei are way behind in handling.

kristi1978

July 20, 2005, 11:23:58 am #24 Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:29:23 am by kristi1978
Tophawg,

kahne is a great driver plus he's a hottie so you can't lose haha  :P ;)

tophawg19

kristi i can't say about him being a hottie .but he is going to be one of the better drivers . he is easy on his equipment and has good communication with his team . with evernham as team owner overseeing his developement he looks like a young jeff gordon . he has a good feel for how hard to push a car and a good sense of where he is on the track as well as where everyone else is . they say he listens well and learns quickly . he adapts to different tracks well and that is a must .

kristi1978

Well i just hope Martin does well this weekend!  He didn't do so well at the last race.  GO MARTIN ;)