Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh Christian Recruiting

Started by razrken, May 11, 2005, 11:00:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razrken

Let me preface this whole conversation by saying I am originally from Barton and attended Catholic High before moving on to J.A. Fair.  Shiloh is definitely not on a level field with the states real private scholl"Catholic high.Has anyone talked to Otis on what recruits that Shiloh is planning on getting this year.  What are their needs?  I heard they were really concentrating on the Dallas area. 
The new conference is probably hurting them a little.  They ought to have the same rules that Catholic High has to endure.  They can't play in any division lower than the top.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: razrken on May 11, 2005, 11:00:39 am
Let me preface this whole conversation by saying I am originally from Barton and attended Catholic High before moving on to J.A. Fair. Shiloh is definitely not on a level field with the states real private scholl"Catholic high.Has anyone talked to Otis on what recruits that Shiloh is planning on getting this year. What are their needs? I heard they were really concentrating on the Dallas area.
The new conference is probably hurting them a little. They ought to have the same rules that Catholic High has to endure. They can't play in any division lower than the top.

Their team has dwindled since Malzahn went to Springdale and took most of his recruits with him. 

hogsanity

wah waH WAH WAH.  Here we go again.  Oh no the little tiny private school is cheating.  They are trying to get people to come to their school.  We heard the same junk when I was at Ft Smith Christian and a guy named Gus Malzahn came to our school.  My kid goes to the new christina school being formed in Ft smith by combining 3 existing schools.  They will have a football team, and I am sure when a couple kids from Southside show up over there people will start whining about that too.

No one can beleive that parents would actually send their kids to a private school for any other reason.  you know, like better grades, better facilities, etc.  Get over it.  You think recruiting doesnt go on in public schools?  Just wait till S'Dale gets Ahr-ber high up and running and see what happens.  Or come to Ft. Smith and watch the kids jumping districts to get into SS or NS or even into Greenwood.  Oh yea, dont forget Matt Jones mom got an apt in FS so he could play at Northside because they said he could play QB and the VB coach wouldnt let him.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: hogsanity on May 11, 2005, 11:56:53 am
wah waH WAH WAH. Here we go again. Oh no the little tiny private school is cheating. They are trying to get people to come to their school. We heard the same junk when I was at Ft Smith Christian and a guy named Gus Malzahn came to our school. My kid goes to the new christina school being formed in Ft smith by combining 3 existing schools. They will have a football team, and I am sure when a couple kids from Southside show up over there people will start whining about that too.

No one can beleive that parents would actually send their kids to a private school for any other reason. you know, like better grades, better facilities, etc. Get over it. You think recruiting doesnt go on in public schools? Just wait till S'Dale gets Ahr-ber high up and running and see what happens. Or come to Ft. Smith and watch the kids jumping districts to get into SS or NS or even into Greenwood. Oh yea, dont forget Matt Jones mom got an apt in FS so he could play at Northside because they said he could play QB and the VB coach wouldnt let him.

Bud it's not rumor, it use to be a fact.  A private school has no school district, so they have the adavantage and Shiloh took that advantage when Malzhan was the coach.  It wasn't illegal and it wroked well for them. don't stick you head in the sand like it didn't take place. It happened.

Big Papa Satan

hambone

The accusation of cheating has been leveled against Evangel High School here in Shreveport.   Everyone "knows" they are cheating.  With so many people just itching for Evangel to get what's coming to them for cheating, why haven't they been nailed?  A couple of years ago, they got caught.  They had a kid move into the district (yes private schools are assigned a district here in Louisiana, it overlaps with public schools districts), and so was elgible to play football.  He was a sub.  He got in on a couple of kick off's.   Anyway, unbeknownst to the coaches, his mom got divorced and moved out of the district.  The kid did not tell the coaches.  Evangel wound up forfeiting the two or three games the kid played in.  If Evangel was cheating, as many people as hate them, they'd get turned in immediately.

But, a new development.  Tiny little Evangel, has been playing up.  They are about a AA school and have been plaing in AAAAA, and winning state championships pretty regularly.  Well the LSHAA (Louisiana High School Athletic Association???) passed a rule this last year that is going to force Evangel to play in their proper division, AA.  I don't know, but I guess they are trying to make playing at Evangel less appealing.  You can no longer win a AAAAA state championship.    Evangel has probably played in 6 of the last 7 and won 4 or 5 of them.    Springdale whipped Evangel early last season.  I think Longview Tx beat them also.  But, then, Evangel made some changes, got on a roll and won another state championship.  W. Monroe scored with about 20 seconds left in regulation.  They were down by one,  went for two and failed.  Evangel won by one point.

razorbacks1usa

yes malzhan is a great recruiter. hdn needs him  to be his recruiting cord. nest year we could have a top 10 program. i seen some of the teams that came to Barton and just beat the dog
---- out of them. wasn't fair to coach McClellan. which is the greatest high school coach to coach in ark.

HaWg 10

its leagal to recruit in other states but not arkansas. every private school in little rock has been accused of it. like take the PA basketball team, for the last 3 yrs they have been dominant everybody accused them of cheating but 4 out of the 5 starters had been there since k-5. public schools always complain when they get beat up on by the little guys. big deal, whats new.
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

garagephilosopher

'You shall not covet your neighbour's football players'

Big Papa Satan

I think there used to be some recruiting, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

Who was it, LR Christian that had two tall players from Umbwagwabe or whereever it was last fall?