Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Porter Jr

Started by mizzouman, March 22, 2017, 03:33:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Per MPJ, his dad has been offered an asst role at Mizzou.  He won't make a decision until MPJ has been released from his NLI with Washington which he has asked for.

Not 100% that MPJ will follow his dad to Mizzou if he accepts, but said, "coming home to do my thing at Mizzou would be special".  Being close to family is important."

yraciv

You ever seen a SEC team struggle with the best FR in the country? Oh yeah Ben Simmons and LSU last year. That is what I expect if Mizzou lands Porter.

mizzouman

Quote from: yraciv on March 22, 2017, 03:46:05 pm
You ever seen a SEC team struggle with the best FR in the country? Oh yeah Ben Simmons and LSU last year. That is what I expect if Mizzou lands Porter.
Just have to see.  But it doesn't stop with Porter.  There's potentially more.

mizzouman

Only other school I see him going to right now is Oklahoma.

311Hog

always nice to hire a recruit's dad to get them to come to your school amirite?

mizzouman

Quote from: 311Hog on March 22, 2017, 04:02:37 pm
always nice to hire a recruit's dad to get them to come to your school amirite?
Don't like it but it's college basketball. Happens all the time everywhere. This is not 100% though.
But if it happens there will be a domino effect with others.

mizzouman

Looks like dad is about to be named a Mizzou assistant.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mizzouman on March 23, 2017, 06:05:15 pm
Looks like dad is about to be named a Mizzou assistant.

I heard on the radio in Memphis this afternoon that Jr. has been released from his Letter of Intent by Washington.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

mizzouman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 23, 2017, 06:19:48 pm
I heard on the radio in Memphis this afternoon that Jr. has been released from his Letter of Intent by Washington.
Yes that was today. Speculation was that dad had already accepted the job but would not announce until son was released. Still speculation but looks like he will be announced soon.

mizzouman

Done deal. Porter Sr has agreed in principle to be at Mizzou.

tigerinhogtown

Done deal part 2, Jr is coming too