Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blatant calls for favored teams

Started by deserthog, March 18, 2017, 11:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deserthog

I watched the Arizona/St. Mary's game and Arizona was struggling late and got an obvious wrong game-changing call late.

I also watched the Gonzaga/Northwestern game and also a game-changing call late that their coach actually got called for a tech.

I feel like we need to be winning by at least by 10 late or may fall to the phantom foul calls.

I'm sorry, but I think that that's just the way it is.

The Boar War

Quote from: deserthog on March 18, 2017, 11:31:04 pm
I watched the Arizona/St. Mary's game and Arizona was struggling late and got an obvious wrong game-changing call late.

I also watched the Gonzaga/Northwestern game and also a game-changing call late that their coach actually got called for a tech.

I feel like we need to be winning by at least by 10 late or may fall to the phantom foul calls.

I'm sorry, but I think that that's just the way it is.

If there are to be blatant calls do you actually think we'll get to the point where we're up by 10?

sasnakrafan

The Zona game was bad... how soon before we hear of a book published by a ref about possible ncaa fixes?

deserthog

Quote from: The Boar War on March 18, 2017, 11:40:37 pm
If there are to be blatant calls do you actually think we'll get to the point where we're up by 10?

I actually don't think we'll be up by 10 no matter what calls are made. Just saying we're not going to get calls late if it's close.

pigture perfect

Quote from: sasnakrafan on March 18, 2017, 11:48:28 pm
The Zona game was bad... how soon before we hear of a book published by a ref about possible ncaa fixes?
wasnt that an SEC crew tonight?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Ive seen it all week. UC Davis was giving Kansas all the could handle yesterday until the refs destroyed their momentum and allowed kansas to run away with it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hogsanity

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 19, 2017, 01:00:48 am
Ive seen it all week. UC Davis was giving Kansas all the could handle yesterday until the refs destroyed their momentum and allowed kansas to run away with it

Yes, the refs were a difference in a 30+ pt win by a 1 over a 16.

Quote from: sasnakrafan on March 18, 2017, 11:48:28 pm

Well people have been whining about stuff like this as long as I can remember, which is back to the mid 70's, and we have no one publishing anything yet.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hogsanity on March 19, 2017, 12:19:34 pm
Well people have been whining about stuff like this as long as I can remember, which is back to the mid 70's, and we have no one publishing anything yet.

Well, there IS that Tim Donaghy book. But that's NBA.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

sisterhawg

Great observation deserthog. I watched both of those games and was amazed by the calls both made and not made. I was rooting for Northwestern (as an underdog team making a scrappy comeback) so was dismayed by the effect it had on them. But I am an Arizona fan and still found myself upset about the refs call in their favor because I knew it would lead to much discourse on a questionable game outcome. Blatantly wrong calls especially during the last few minutes of close games is a disservice to both teams.

40MINSOFHELL

Kentucky just got away with a goal tending lol

WorfHog

Again with UK goaltending are blocks, steps out of bounds are ignored and blatant flagrant 1 from Briscoe is ignored. Same old same old for the chosen ones.

hogsanity

So, the conspiracy was to protect Gonzaga and Arizona, but not Nova, Louis, or FSU?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dr. Starcs

Kentucky's only outshot Wichita 16-5 at the free throw line in a 5 point game.

WorfHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 19, 2017, 03:44:09 pm
Kentucky's only outshot Wichita 16-5 at the free throw line in a 5 point game.

It helping them stay in the lead for sure.

Dr. Starcs

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Dr. Starcs

apcapri

Macon fouled or at the very least the ball was deflected out...Carolina ball. Bailey takes a charge...no call.

Inhogswetrust

I rarely complain about calls but that was two really bad ref deals!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ErykofArkansas

Yeah 3 very very bad calls / no calls in final 2 minutes.

Uberanubis

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

WorfHog

Hogswarts

That was the biggest bunch of blue blood B.S. I have ever saw. Straight up ridiculous!

MtPorker

i hope the refs kissed cma.  most guys like to get kissed when they get screw**d.

deserthog

Close at the end. Calls go to favored team. BIG SURPRIZE!