Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uncut Interviews from Razorback Assistant Coaches

Started by gdumont, March 30, 2017, 10:09:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

Good stuff.  I rally hope the coaches can find the answers to our woes from last year.  Changing defenses sounds great to get more speed on the field and to confuse the OL.  I just hope we have that speed and smarts on campus to get the job done.

DeltaBoy

WOO PIG The staff sounds ready and focused .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

azhog10

What is with all the questions about the guns. I know it passed and i'm sure it's a hot topic back home, but why ask the coaches about it? I mean some of the questions seemed so ridiculous and you could tell every single one of them didn't even want to comment on it.

Is Chad Walker not the most awkward interview? Even when he was announced he was just awkward. Clearly a lot of energy but man.....hard to follow.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bennyl08

Quote from: azhog10 on April 04, 2017, 04:45:47 pm
What is with all the questions about the guns. I know it passed and i'm sure it's a hot topic back home, but why ask the coaches about it? I mean some of the questions seemed so ridiculous and you could tell every single one of them didn't even want to comment on it.

Is Chad Walker not the most awkward interview? Even when he was announced he was just awkward. Clearly a lot of energy but man.....hard to follow.

No, not by a long shot. His was awkward, no doubt. However, Anderson's takes the cake by a long shot.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkSoda

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 31, 2017, 06:25:38 am
Good stuff.  I rally hope the coaches can find the answers to our woes from last year.  Changing defenses sounds great to get more speed on the field and to confuse the OL.  I just hope we have that speed and smarts on campus to get the job done.

I just hope we don't end up confusing ourselves.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

greenie

Quote from: azhog10 on April 04, 2017, 04:45:47 pm

He's definitely awkward in front of the camera. Needs to move around a little less when he speaks.  The new DL coach, on the other hand is quite impressive. Regardless, I'm optimistic about both.

azhog10

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 04, 2017, 06:30:38 pm
No, not by a long shot. His was awkward, no doubt. However, Anderson's takes the cake by a long shot.
I thought Andersons was him just being funny. He didn't seem uncomfortable. He just really likes mustaches apparently.

bennyl08

Quote from: azhog10 on April 05, 2017, 08:46:41 am
I thought Andersons was him just being funny. He didn't seem uncomfortable. He just really likes mustaches apparently.

He didn't seem uncomfortable at all, just awkward.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkRinds

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 05, 2017, 11:17:19 am
He didn't seem uncomfortable at all, just awkward.

I feel like he just has a dry sense of humor and drops inside jokes that none of us are in on.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 05, 2017, 11:18:26 am
I feel like he just has a dry sense of humor and drops inside jokes that none of us are in on.

I think the boys(OL) are trying to grow mustaches as a sign of solidarity and manhood. I also am proud of the coach for not once calling one a flavor saver...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkRinds

I actually noticed Raulerson's stache in his interview the other day. Anyone else catch where raulerson said he went to UT at 245lbs and is now up to 315? Holy crap that's a ton of weight to gain. And it's good weight. That's like 70 lbs of mostly muscle in 4-5 years. Impressive.

factchecker

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 05, 2017, 11:59:51 am
I actually noticed Raulerson's stache in his interview the other day. Anyone else catch where raulerson said he went to UT at 245lbs and is now up to 315? Holy crap that's a ton of weight to gain. And it's good weight. That's like 70 lbs of mostly muscle in 4-5 years. Impressive.

The biggest question I have is why was a 245 offensive lineman rated a 4 star out of high school?  That is one hell of a projection.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on April 05, 2017, 01:09:23 pm
The biggest question I have is why was a 245 offensive lineman rated a 4 star out of high school?  That is one hell of a projection.

I would guess technique. Also remember the spread OL are much smaller than pro style OL. I would bet they thought they could add 40 lbs to him and he'd be a quick OL for a spread system.

factchecker

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 05, 2017, 01:11:24 pm
I would guess technique. Also remember the spread OL are much smaller than pro style OL. I would bet they thought they could add 40 lbs to him and he'd be a quick OL for a spread system.

Great points.  I like Raulerson.  Maybe he kicked butt at camps.

I am also just a little bit cynical on the fact that Mack Brown (or any Longhorn coach) could offer a kid and give them a bump.  Would a 245 lbs. offensive lineman from Arkansas be a 4 star?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on April 05, 2017, 01:16:00 pm
Great points.  I like Raulerson.  Maybe he kicked butt at camps.

I am also just a little bit cynical on the fact that Mack Brown (or any Longhorn coach) could offer a kid and give them a bump.  Would a 245 lbs. offensive lineman from Arkansas be a 4 star?

Not. A. Chance.