Pudgepork

ThisGuy

Is it me or have we been offering a lot of A&M Commits/targets

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: ThisGuy on December 23, 2017, 04:03:32 pm
Just trying to get a big package deal to come with Chavis

Vantage 8 dude

My response to any/all comments that we "likely won't get this kid": you are guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take; you obviously never know until you ask/offer. In fact, my impression is this last observation may be a solid reason why our recruiting efforts/results seem to have been lacking for the several years.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ThisGuy on December 23, 2017, 04:03:32 pm

It's not just you. The recruits in question are all Texas kids and A&M has 5 committed who have not signed. We have now offered 4 of the 5, the other 3 are on defense, a LB, a S and a LB-S.

Hopefully Chavis brings Terry Price with him as I believe Price is the lead recruiter on most or all of the 4.

Price is an A&M alum, so Fisher may bow to pressure and keep him, although he is highly qualified anyway.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Pudgepork

The obvious reason to go after aTm commits is probably 3 or 4 fold.  aTm also has new coaches and these kids probably committed to sumlin.   Also is the speculation that chavis will be DC here.  Hence the chance to grab players.  Also, Morris probably already knows most of them, knowing that he'd never get many of them to smu.   If they don't like the new staff then Morris is in great position as another option.  Even better one if chavis proves to be the dc

jackflash

I don't know about flipping him, but we will do well in Texas