This has got to be good.

Started by hogfaninmo, December 23, 2017, 01:00:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfaninmo

Pudgepork

Sounds great so far.   Can't wait to hear the rest

Nosboar Accubond

bkjbearcat

I hope it is good news. If he flips would be CM signature get. So far at least.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hayden1865

Did he take that tweet down? Not seeing it.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

colbs

I wonder if it is a visit.  Gunnell is now the #1 rated QB in the 2019 class because the guy ahead of him reclassified to 2018.

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

wpswillriseagain

Hopeful Hog

I mean that's cool and all but a 2019 prospect committing in Dec. of 2017 means nothing.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 23, 2017, 01:26:47 pm
I mean that's cool and all but a 2019 prospect committing in Dec. of 2017 means nothing.

At least our foot in back in the door, he was all but SS&Ded to A&M before.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

hogfooey

Yes it does.  Schools that get a big time QB early helps tremendously with recruiting the rest of the class, especially offense.  Players want to play with a big name.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

COCHISE

Quote from: Hopeful Hog link=topic=654464.msg11286107#msg11286107 date=1514057207d
Disagree. True it's a long way off but getting a commitment from the #1 QB in the country gets a lot a positive publicity and other recruits take notice.

TX HOG

His commitment could start the ball rolling for a really good '19 class

searkhogfan

Come on, Man.  Be better than this. 

Hogs49ers

You should probably change your name from "Hopeful Hog" to "Hopeless Hog".

I mean if you are not super excited about the potential commitment of one of the best QBs in the entire country in any class, then I do not know what you are even doing here...
SCREW Vandy!

Smashmouth2004

If Gunnell commits is it possible he gets Jalen Curry to come with him? This would definitely spark recruiting for next year as well as this year!

rljjr

Quote from: COCHISE on December 23, 2017, 01:34:45 pm
Disagree. True it's a long way off but getting a commitment from the #1 QB in the country gets a lot a positive publicity and other recruits take notice.

Bingo. Every little bit helps.

Beached

How very hogsanity of you...

AugustaHog

Big time skill players want to play for stud QBs.  If GG commits early, it could help to get Burks and Henry to jump on board.  If you get 3 studs like that early in the class, it could spread like a wildfire. 

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: AugustaHog on December 23, 2017, 02:09:36 pm
Big time skill players want to play for stud QBs.  If GG commits early, it could help to get Burks and Henry to jump on board.  If you get 3 studs like that early in the class, it could spread like a wildfire.

Agreed. GG could be the spark that sets 2019 recruiting on fire. Add Brian Williams early on D and we'll be on our way to a great year.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 23, 2017, 02:56:22 pm
Agreed. GG could be the spark that sets 2019 recruiting on fire. Add Brian Williams early on D and we'll be on our way to a great year.

Is it soon yet?

Also, has there been any indication of how we're standing with Williams? Because those two could start a MASSIVE haul.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

AHiD

Guess this means he's not going to UT, at least.
My name...is Jerruh

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Beached on December 23, 2017, 02:06:14 pm

Only when it comes to basketball under Mike Anderson.

Hoginsavga

Pig in the Pokey

LOL!!! Bruh... He's the #1 QB and he's a 5*...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

King Kong

Actually it would mean everything if he committed. You get a 4/5 Star QB with offers from everyone.

Makes instaters like Burks and Henry's choices much easier and we can focus on our out of state recruiting.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 23, 2017, 02:05:10 pm
If Gunnell commits is it possible he gets Jalen Curry to come with him? This would definitely spark recruiting for next year as well as this year!
Curry has been on twitter tonight asking Razorback fans to get him to 4000 followers.Not that it means anything, just thought it was pertinent to the thread.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

LOL..! You should change your moniker from "Hopeful Hog" to "Oxymoron"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 24, 2017, 10:04:56 pm
Curry has been on twitter tonight asking Razorback fans to get him to 4000 followers.Not that it means anything, just thought it was pertinent to the thread.

that whole get me to x followers crap is annoying.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Beached on December 23, 2017, 02:06:14 pm

Yes, that guy is the Grinch of Hogville. Sometimes I wish he would head back to the North Pole of negativity and take his bunch of little elves with him.  ;D

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 25, 2017, 05:16:05 am

True but these are still "easily influenced" kid's for the most part so as adults we oblige them to influence the outcome.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgdavis

Quote from: hogfooey on December 23, 2017, 01:33:05 pm
Yes it does.  Schools that get a big time QB early helps tremendously with recruiting the rest of the class, especially offense.  Players want to play with a big name.

Yep just look at Georgia this year. Momentum is a heck of a thing.

Have a good 2018 season on the field get the top rated QB to commit early and see how things will fall into place.

It can happen here to. I don't buy all the poor wittle arky crap. If you have a chance to seiz momentum and rise to the occasion lightning can strike anywhere even NWA.

hawginbigd1

Yeah it can happen anywhere because Georgia has been mired down in the mid-twenties in recruiting and they have so few highly rated recruits in their state to pull from.....oh wait that's not reality.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 25, 2017, 11:05:51 am
Yeah it can happen anywhere because Georgia has been mired down in the mid-twenties in recruiting and they have so few highly rated recruits in their state to pull from.....oh wait that's not reality.
Uhh.....if I'm not mistaken this thread actually has to do with Grant Gunnell. Not saying we will get him, obviously that's a huge IF, however, IF we were to convince this young man and follow his "blood line" to the Hill it could certainly give a huge jump start to the 2019 class. Every journey starts with that first step and that includes the road to recruiting.

As far as UGA is concerned I could care less.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 25, 2017, 05:16:05 am
why? They just want to get to 4,000 followers so Twitter will verify their accounts. Why would that bother you?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

RaisinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 25, 2017, 05:02:46 pm
why? They just want to get to 4,000 followers so Twitter will verify their accounts. Why would that bother you?

Ahh ... Our local social media expert.. makes since acctually

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 25, 2017, 05:35:40 pm
Ahh ... Our local social media expert.. makes since acctually
i got y'all lol. I should have just explained the first time.
It isnt just them begging. They want to be verified because then people know it's really them, but you have to have 4k followers first.
@Slackaveli

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Whoever it was that was talking up Gunnell when he was a freshman years ago on this board deserves a big WPS!
Hogville's resident uniform designer.