Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upcoming instate studs

Started by #1 STUNNA, December 21, 2017, 08:40:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

any elite players in Arkansas the next few years?!!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RaisinHog

I think you know this answer Mr . Warren!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 21, 2017, 08:43:12 am
I think you know this answer Mr . Warren!

I know about Burks and Henry anything coming up after them? Have heard good things about the QB at Morrilton. But other than that have not heard much about instate talent besides those that have been offered for 2019.

RaisinHog

Those are the only ones I would consider elite I know of as well... Isn't there a highly regarded lineman at Jonesboro ? Thomas ? Maybe ?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 21, 2017, 08:49:30 am
Those are the only ones I would consider elite I know of as well... Isn't there a highly regarded lineman at Jonesboro ? Thomas ? Maybe ?

Yes, and maybe Wilkins from Camden, OT.  Also maybe another WR out of NWA, bentonville maybe.  Forgot his name.  All still 2019.  Don't know of any beyond 2019.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

RaisinHog

That freshman qb from ashdown bishop that committed too van horn the other day is pretty sick on the football field too.

Tim Harris

247 doesn't have any 2020 recruits ranked yet but here is everyone that is ranked in the 2019 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=AR

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 21, 2017, 08:51:25 am
That freshman qb from ashdown bishop that committed too van horn the other day is pretty sick on the football field too.

have heard he is a major talent on the diamond. Offered and committed before even playing a high school game. I believe its Ladarrius cousin.

#1 STUNNA

I believe Marcus Miller from Warren will end up with some P5 offers.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 21, 2017, 08:51:22 am
Yes, and maybe Wilkins from Camden, OT.  Also maybe another WR out of NWA, bentonville maybe.  Forgot his name.  All still 2019.  Don't know of any beyond 2019.

sounds like Wilkins will be a for sure with it being his dream school.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 21, 2017, 08:56:40 am
I believe Marcus Miller from Warren will end up with some P5 offers.

2019?  I bet an offensive skill player!

#1 STUNNA

#1 STUNNA

Are Jackson and Thomas hog leans?

RazorPiggie

As usual the state will only put out about 6 or 7 players.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 21, 2017, 09:08:08 am

Maybe, but these are likely more talented across the board than the normal 6 or 7.  The key is signing all of them, or at least the very best ones.  Easier said that done, of course.

Hardyguy

The Batey kid from Foreman was the best looking athlete that I seen in the 2A classification. The kid can play several different positions. I only seen Foreman play once, but I was more impressed with Batey in one game than I was after watching the QB from Earle in two games. I'm not trying to knock GB at all. I think very highly of him and his abilities, but Batey was just more dominant against the same team. He is super fast.

#1 STUNNA

mcKnight from Warren is very intriguing from Warren also. But I believe his size will keep him from P5 offers... but he is a p5 talent. Him and Burks both averaged around the same amount of yards per catch and per carry.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Hardyguy on December 21, 2017, 09:12:50 am
The Batey kid from Foreman was the best looking athlete that I seen in the 2A classification. The kid can play several different positions. I only seen Foreman play once, but I was more impressed with Batey in one game than I was after watching the QB from Earle in two games. I'm not trying to knock GB at all. I think very highly of him and his abilities, but Batey was just more dominant against the same team. He is super fast.

I believe offers will come after this spring and summer for him ..he is getting alot of interest from LA tech

Patrickhickey13

KP James from Dumas.   As a freshman he rushed for a little over 1100 yards this year on high school team.   6" 1,  190 lbs, 4.5 40. 

Hugo Bezdek

There are a couple of Razorback legacies to keep an eye on at Robinson for 2019. Elliott Harris, Jr. and Zach Williams (son of Rickey Williams). Harris is a big guy and will either be an NG or OG. Williams looks like an OLB.

Hogberry Snortcake

I hear Primary Suspect is the best in-state with over $700k in winnings.  Brahms from Trophy Club is up there too.  Portobello Road is an up and comer who folks should keep an eye on. 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 21, 2017, 09:11:07 am
Maybe, but these are likely more talented across the board than the normal 6 or 7.  The key is signing all of them, or at least the very best ones.  Easier said that done, of course.

I agree they are more talented than in years past.

hogsanity

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 21, 2017, 09:01:18 am
Jadon Jackson, WR Bentonville West
Jacolby Criswell, QB Morrilton c/o 2020
Darius Thomas, OL Jonesboro

Wilkins just got an offer. Darin Davenport, LB Southside, is another that's been brought up and RD has written about.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 21, 2017, 09:18:20 am
mcKnight from Warren is very intriguing from Warren also. But I believe his size will keep him from P5 offers... but he is a p5 talent. Him and Burks both averaged around the same amount of yards per catch and per carry.

Joe Adams was also considered "small". McKnight has that shifty, break away speed. Can play the running back spot and WR spot.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AP85 on December 21, 2017, 10:45:44 am
Joe Adams was also considered "small". McKnight has that shifty, break away speed. Can play the running back spot and WR spot.

I agree. He is a very talented football player that gets overlooked because of how good Burks is.

PintailKiller

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 21, 2017, 10:11:05 am
There are a couple of Razorback legacies to keep an eye on at Robinson for 2019. Elliott Harris, Jr. and Zach Williams (son of Rickey Williams). Harris is a big guy and will either be an NG or OG. Williams looks like an OLB.

Both of these guys will be big gets for the Hogs
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: PintailKiller on December 21, 2017, 11:02:06 am
Both of these guys will be big gets for the Hogs

they might not get offered

rljjr

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 21, 2017, 08:53:35 am
247 doesn't have any 2020 recruits ranked yet but here is everyone that is ranked in the 2019 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=AR

Would be nice to get all 10 of those guys if they fit.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Many experts think the 2019 class > 2018 class. The '18 class already has 6 P5 signees (Bohanon, Noland, Flanagan, Ferrell, Nichols, Bishop) and there are another 4 players (Clark, Gatlin, Jones, Hardage) out there with P5 offers and a few more kids (Gasaway, Page) who could end up with them. That's at least 10 prospects who will sign D1 FBS out of the state. If 2019 is better then it could crest up as high as 15.

There were also an additional 4 players (Green, Schaefer, Rossell, Roberts) who signed D1 FBS offers. The state is producing it's fair share of talent given the population. Whether they all fit what the Hogs are trying to do is a different story.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 21, 2017, 11:23:25 am
Many experts think the 2019 class > 2018 class. The '18 class already has 6 P5 signees (Bohanon, Noland, Flanagan, Ferrell, Nichols, Bishop) and there are another 4 players (Clark, Gatlin, Jones, Hardage) out there with P5 offers and a few more kids (Gasaway, Page) who could end up with them. That's at least 10 prospects who will sign D1 FBS out of the state. If 2019 is better then it could crest up as high as 15.

There were also an additional 4 players (Green, Schaefer, Rossell, Roberts) who signed D1 FBS offers. The state is producing it's fair share of talent given the population. Whether they all fit what the Hogs are trying to do is a different story.

2019 will be better because of quality not quanity

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 21, 2017, 09:18:20 am
McKnight played a lot of WR this year but is a really good looking RB. At 5'8" 176 his size is about right as an all-purpose guy. Look at the top 2019 247 composite all-purpose backs and tell me how he stacks up.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=APB

His size won't keep him from getting big offers. Most people here are so clueless about size and speed. It's comical.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 21, 2017, 11:24:35 am
2019 will be better because of quality not quanity
I never said it wouldn't. I'm actually countering the 6-7 players narrative. It's categorically false and is proven wrong almost every year. Just because the Hogs don't sign 6-7 in-state players every year doesn't mean there aren't 10+ players every year who aren't talented enough to play for them. Part of this has to do with the way that CBB and company neglected in-state players and coaches. This includes Barry Lunney Jr.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 21, 2017, 11:30:21 am
McKnight played a lot of WR this year but is a really good looking RB. At 5'8" 176 his size is about right as an all-purpose guy. Look at the top 2019 247 composite all-purpose backs and tell me how he stacks up.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=APB

His size won't keep him from getting big offers. Most people here are so clueless about size and speed. It's comical.

He is very talented... and a p5 talent in my opinion. But has zero offers at this time.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 21, 2017, 11:36:40 am
He is very talented... and a p5 talent in my opinion. But has zero offers at this time.
Agree but it's still early.

#1 STUNNA

Tim Harris

Quote from: rljjr on December 21, 2017, 11:19:46 am
Would be nice to get all 10 of those guys if they fit.

I have no clue how many we will end up offering/getting but it would be nice to get a couple to commit early and help with the others.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 21, 2017, 08:51:22 am

Those kids won't be on the field until this year. You'll hear about them soon enough. Whoever they are...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

fullfan

If D Davenport can get back 100% from the leg injuries he can play on the D-1 level.  Instincts/quickness and LBer size.

arkansas proud77

Michael powell at clarksville.  Transfer from tampa.  6 4. 300.  sophmore.  plays o line, d line, fullback, and even returns kicks.

hogsanity

And only 2 defenders in the group.

Quote from: fullfan on December 21, 2017, 12:05:20 pm
If D Davenport can get back 100% from the leg injuries he can play on the D-1 level.  Instincts/quickness and LBer size.

D1 level and SEC level are two very different things. Hogs sign alot of players that are d1 players, but not sec level.

He may be sec level, the back to back years with knee injuries has really made it tough to tell for him.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

stronguard

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on December 21, 2017, 10:17:16 am
I hear Primary Suspect is the best in-state with over $700k in winnings.  Brahms from Trophy Club is up there too.  Portobello Road is an up and comer who folks should keep an eye on. 

ISWYDT
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Snout team

If we could sign all the 2019 in state we offer and add 6-10 quality players from Texas it could be the best class of my life.  I know that is a big if.  Win 7-8 this year with improvement through the year and the momentum could line up nicely with a very good instate talent crop.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

nwahogfan1

The good thing about the spread is a player can be 5'9ish. 170 lbish if they are fast with some wiggle. 

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 21, 2017, 10:18:53 pm
The good thing about the spread is a player can be 5'9ish. 170 lbish if they are fast with some wiggle. 

Think of Woody!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

mj4president

Bradley Copper from Ozark, beefy 305lb OT is a stud.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

wpswillriseagain

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 21, 2017, 09:01:18 am
Jadon Jackson, WR Bentonville West
Jacolby Criswell, QB Morrilton c/o 2020
Darius Thomas, OL Jonesboro

Wilkins just got an offer. Darin Davenport, LB Southside, is another that's been brought up and RD has written about.
yes I just posted about Criswell, I think he would be perfect for Chad Morris to develop.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: arkansas proud77 on December 21, 2017, 12:47:58 pm
Michael powell at clarksville.  Transfer from tampa.  6 4. 300.  sophmore.  plays o line, d line, fullback, and even returns kicks.
Damn..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 21, 2017, 08:40:52 am
any elite players in Arkansas the next few years?!!

LMAO.  2019 class is likely to be the best Arkansas has produced in the rankings era.

There's 3 Top 100 type players, 2 likely 5* in Burks and Henry that would be huge weapons for Coach Morris. Darius Thomas is likely to be a high 4* OT and Jesus knows we need OT after Pittman didn't sign one for 2 years and Anderson didn't either in first year.

I expect Stacey Wilkins to end up a 4* OT as well.

Then there's a handful of kids that went JUCO that would be a part of 2019's class too.

We'll be mining Texas hard but it looks like there'll be a rare amount of top shelf players in state in the coming seasons.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

rzrbk4life

Will definitely be key for CCM to lock the state down and keep as many kids home.
Let's call those hogs!!!!