Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WOW our TWITTER Fans......Unreal.....

Started by BR, December 19, 2017, 03:56:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Can't believe some of the post some of these folks are making to and about Bohanon.... FOLKS Please don't TWEET these kids... If you must tell them something, wish them good luck and move on...   Finebaum callers don't have nothing on Arkansas Keyboard Warriors.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The_Iceman

Twitter is a cesspool for hate and filth. Just look at the responses to just about any tweet, especially politicians. Twitter is just full of trolls looking to get a response.

hogcrazy2206

You are being really sensitive about what people are saying to him.  He is a big boy.  He will be fine.  If you can't handle negativity he shouldn't have been born. 

The mindset of people this generation is awful. Way to sensitive. 

factchecker

REALLY?

Did you not see how the Allen brothers were treated the past 5 years?

Are you really surprised by our "fans"?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Fan1958

The whole social media sphere is toxic and a bane of society.  Cowards who wouldn't dare make these hateful comments in person (if they did they would most likely be picking up their teeth, and I don't mean dentures) have no problem behind the anonymity of the keyboard.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

factchecker

Let's not forget about the fans who told Macon and Barford that they would be working at McDonalds when there was a rumor that they were leaving early for the NBA.

We've got great fans.  :puke:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

phadedhawg

That's what twitter is for...telling people what you think of them.  If the recipient doesn't like what someone tells them, that's what the block feature is for. 

HOGS82

Every fan base has their fair share of idiots. I'm sure most on the receiving end realize that they're in the minority and don't represent the fan base as a whole.

The only thing I take exception to is him doing the fake out by reaching for the Arkansas hat first, but I'm not going to log on to twitter and damn the kid to hell for it. You want to go to another school, that's fine... don't disrespect your home state team in doing so.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

RaisinHog

He made the bed he can lie in it.. when he reached for that 9 dollar hog hat and picked up the Baylor ..he knew what he was gona get ...

P.s. I don't do social media .lol

Hogdomer

Quote from: HOGS82 on December 19, 2017, 04:11:09 pm
Every fan base has their fair share of idiots. I'm sure most on the receiving end realize that they're in the minority and don't represent the fan base as a whole.

The only thing I take exception to is him doing the fake out by reaching for the Arkansas hat first, but I'm not going to log on to twitter and damn the kid to hell for it. You want to go to another school, that's fine... don't disrespect your home state team in doing so.

True.  Our fans, although bad, are certainly no worse than any major school--especially in the South.

RazorPiggie

Grown ups tweeting kids they don't know is creepy.

onebadrubi

The IQ of the fans that tweet at players and bashing them is usually not very high.  the frequently people with nothing better to do and don't really have much going on for themselves. 

The_Iceman

There is not a fan base in the country that doesn't do the stuff you mentioned on Twitter. It doesn't excuse it. But it happens everywhere.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 19, 2017, 04:14:19 pm

Less creepy than paying money to watch them run around in tight pants on Saturdays?

HogFoo

I've not looked at the tweets . But after what Danny west tweeted out about BoHannon telling the coaches to drop Noland or he would not be a hog and the coaches said no.  It does surprise me that some fans are letting him hear it.  It was a Dbag move by GB. Especially after Noland had been trying to get him to be a Hog and  supposedly GB was stabbing Noland in the back the whole time??
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

FraggleHog

WOW our TWITTER Fans......Unreal.....

Fixed the thread title for you... All fans are classless... Don't just think it's only our fans.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BR on December 19, 2017, 03:56:08 pm
Can't believe some of the post some of these folks are making to and about Bohanon.... FOLKS Please don't TWEET these kids... If you must tell them something, wish them good luck and move on...   Finebaum callers don't have nothing on Arkansas Keyboard Warriors.
I agree. No matter how you feel about his decision your trashing the kid and his decision ISN'T going to change a darn thing. If he ends up having made a mistake then that's on him; it was his choice and he made it for better or worse. As far as I'm concerned going forward he's a non subject.

BigSexyHog

We have some major morons on twitter.  It's embarrassing.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

SooieGeneris

For the record, Danny West tweeted again explaining the GB deal, that GB never actually asked or demanded that he be the only QB recruit, just the impression he got.

That has received no attention that I know of to this point.

Danny West‏
@DannyWest1
1h1 hour ago
More
Danny West Retweeted Eric Sullivan
Jumped on to clean up some of the GB stuff. He didn't outright request #Hogs to drop Noland. Sorry if that was misinterpreted. He did make it very clear he wanted to be the only QB, though, and obviously #Arkansas wasn't gonna drop Noland to make that happen. #HawgSports
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 19, 2017, 04:17:35 pm
Less creepy than paying money to watch them run around in tight pants on Saturdays?
YES!!! +1000
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

netteltonhog

If any young man at any position is turned off by competition I don't want that person on my team. 

hobhog

December 19, 2017, 06:03:07 pm #23 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:22:14 pm by hobhog
Quote from: hogcrazy2206 on December 19, 2017, 04:01:36 pm
You are being really sensitive about what people are saying to him.  He is a big boy.  He will be fine.  If you can't handle negativity he shouldn't have been born. 

It's called respect for yourself and others.

Hard to see the picture when you are inside the frame.

hobhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 19, 2017, 04:17:35 pm

Wow. Disturbing.....

woo.pig

If an adult uses twitter to talk to high school kids good or bad, that's just weird. Like Hello... I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC weird.

TomasPistola

If you can't handle negativity he shouldn't have been born. 

There's been a lot of stupid things posted on this board. This might be the dumbest.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Uberanubis

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: woo.pig on December 19, 2017, 06:14:54 pm
If an adult uses twitter to talk to high school kids good or bad, that's just weird. Like Hello... I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC weird.
Yep

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: factchecker on December 19, 2017, 04:03:01 pm
REALLY?

Did you not see how the Allen brothers were treated the past 5 years?

Are you really surprised by our "fans"?

Our fans? You aren't our fans. STFU he brought it on himself. His little hat deal won't be forgotten.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 19, 2017, 04:08:16 pm
That's what twitter is for...telling people what you think of them.  If the recipient doesn't like what someone tells them, that's what the block feature is for.

So you just publicly admitted to being one of the cowardly idiots?
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Snouty

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 19, 2017, 04:39:25 pm
For the record, Danny West tweeted again explaining the GB deal, that GB never actually asked or demanded that he be the only QB recruit, just the impression he got.

Danny West‏
@DannyWest1
1h1 hour ago
More
Jumped on to clean up some of the GB stuff. He didn't outright request #Hogs to drop Noland. Sorry if that was misinterpreted. He did make it very clear he wanted to be the only QB, though, and obviously #Arkansas wasn't gonna drop Noland to make that happen. #HawgSports

Isn't that a distinction without a difference?  Bohannon didn't want Arkansas to sign any other quarterbacks in the recruiting class of '17-'18 except him.  Noland is being recruited as a quarterback, so it follows that Bohannon wanted Arkansas to rescind its offer to Noland as a condition for Bohannon to sign with Arkansas.  That takes a log of chutzpah for a recruit to make that kind of demand, in my opinion.

Hogtimes

Quote from: HogFoo on December 19, 2017, 04:18:13 pm
I've not looked at the tweets . But after what Danny west tweeted out about BoHannon telling the coaches to drop Noland or he would not be a hog and the coaches said no.  It does surprise me that some fans are letting him hear it.  It was a Dbag move by GB. Especially after Noland had been trying to get him to be a Hog and  supposedly GB was stabbing Noland in the back the whole time??

West has retracted or toned down that statement....don't believe everything you see on twitter or on message boards for that matter.

RME

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 19, 2017, 06:57:18 pm
Our fans? You aren't our fans. STFU he brought it on himself. His little hat deal won't be forgotten.

Honestly, this whole shtick is hilarious now

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 19, 2017, 06:57:18 pm
I'm sure you were perfect when you were 17-18 years old.

WilsonHog

Far too many people take personally the decisions of 18-year old high school students.

If a kid wants to be a Razorback, outstanding. Welcome to UA.

If not, best of luck.

NotSoFastMyFriend

If you think that all of the spiteful things being said about Gerry are from actual Hog fans and not fans of opposing teams carrying a false flag for Arkansas then you are hopeless. Back away from the keyboard and pick up a different hobby. Classic information operation designed to control messaging.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 19, 2017, 04:14:22 pm
The IQ of the fans that tweet at players and bashing them is usually not very high.  the frequently people with nothing better to do and don't really have much going on for themselves.
You left off the.......and voted for Trump.

hobhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 19, 2017, 06:58:31 pm
So you just publicly admitted to being one of the cowardly idiots?

I don't tweet but I'm guessing he has very few followers.....

Hogimus Prime

It's easy to say crap to someone from the safety of your phone, computer or tablet. Gurantee 98% of the people talking trash to the kid would avoid eye contact with him if they saw him in person.

AirWarren

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 19, 2017, 04:03:24 pm
The whole social media sphere is toxic and a bane of society.  Cowards who wouldn't dare make these hateful comments in person (if they did they would most likely be picking up their teeth, and I don't mean dentures) have no problem behind the anonymity of the keyboard.

Social media is the downfall of society.

RME

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on December 19, 2017, 09:22:07 pm
It's easy to say crap to someone from the safety of your phone, computer or tablet. Gurantee 98% of the people talking trash to the kid would avoid eye contact with him if they saw him in person.

That, or if they were confronted they'd hit 'em with the "whoa man just kiddin' just messin' around I actually love you dude!"

Clay Travis is great about this. People will take shots at him on Twitter, he'll call them out, and they'll come back with "aw man Clay I was just kiddin' I love your articles and your show, man!"

Pretty funny to see.

Piggfoot

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 19, 2017, 04:39:25 pm

Danny West‏
@DannyWest1
1h1 hour ago
More
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

BR

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 19, 2017, 08:36:17 pm
Far too many people take personally the decisions of 18-year old high school students.

If a kid wants to be a Razorback, outstanding. Welcome to UA.

If not, best of luck.
Amen
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Snouty on December 19, 2017, 06:59:40 pm
Isn't that a distinction without a difference?  Bohannon didn't want Arkansas to sign any other quarterbacks in the recruiting class of '17-'18 except him.  Noland is being recruited as a quarterback, so it follows that Bohannon wanted Arkansas to rescind its offer to Noland as a condition for Bohannon to sign with Arkansas.  That takes a log of chutzpah for a recruit to make that kind of demand, in my opinion.

Or... GB did not want to sign with any school that had another quarterback, and Noland has been committed to Arkansas for some time so ultimately GB decided to stick with his gut and join a team that fit that particular criteria.

See the difference there? People are just inserting a negative spin on this that are not supported by any ascertainable facts.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Bull Darn..! You are half correct. People are too sensitive, but about being corrected not about manners. I'm not talking about P.C. bulldarn either. I mean that people who say hateful crap ought to get the knuckle sammich that it used to buy...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: hobhog on December 19, 2017, 09:10:12 pm
I don't tweet but I'm guessing he has very few followers.....

I would wager you are correct.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 19, 2017, 04:14:19 pm
there are kids you dont know on hogville and you just posted that. CREEPY AF!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

(notOM)Rebel123

smh.....geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

AirWarren

What a great reason to have twitter then........