Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fulwider de-committs from UNC

Started by The Hawg Marshal, December 19, 2017, 02:43:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Been10Hog

Quote from: Freebrd on December 19, 2017, 09:43:01 pm

Not me!  We need a 4 star, #1 in the state, safety instead of DE.  Our pass defense has been pathetic for years.
we have one. His name is Montaric Brown

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: MP24 on December 20, 2017, 10:47:31 am
Heard Nick Fulwider will sign on Friday. Hogs or Heels.

If this is true then why decommit from UNC in the first place?  I would say it bodes well for us.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

imtad16

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 20, 2017, 12:06:47 pm
If this is true then why decommit from UNC in the first place?  I would say it bodes well for us.

I think you are right. Typically situations like this don't work out well in the end for the school the player was previously committed or is still committed. At least in Arkansas's experience.

jgphillips3

He would be another solid recruit with vast upside.  That would give us 8 commits leaving only 4 known scholarships available.  After the DC announcement, we should be able to pick up a couple in February we weren't expecting if our other 3 current commits don't sign with us.  Next year with an abundant 2019 in state class will be a make or break year.

Tusks

If the hogs can get the 4 DL on the board, that's a really nice DL class.  That's important for CM to be able to turn this thing around.

BB was full of crap when he said you can't recruit DL to AR.  You can, the program has many examples of AR DL in the NFL.

What's been hard to recruit to AR has been a consistent string of decent LB's.

But at lest get the DL in the door and its a start.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

LRrazorback

Quote from: tusked on December 20, 2017, 12:24:07 pm
If the hogs can get the 4 DL on the board, that's a really nice DL class.  That's important for CM to be able to turn this thing around.

BB was full of crap when he said you can't recruit DL to AR.  You can, the program has many examples of AR DL in the NFL.

What's been hard to recruit to AR has been a consistent string of decent LB's.

But at lest get the DL in the door and its a start.

CBB said this?  When did he say this and in what context?  Funny he would say this, particularly considering he took over a team with 3/4 pro d lineman on it.
I'm not doubting you just never heard that.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LRrazorback on December 20, 2017, 06:48:47 pm
CBB said this?  When did he say this and in what context?  Funny he would say this, particularly considering he took over a team with 3/4 pro d lineman on it.
I'm not doubting you just never heard that.

Part of the "SPIN" cycle when changing to the 3-4...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Freebrd

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 20, 2017, 12:04:19 pm
we have one. His name is Montaric Brown

Jul 25, 2017 - Freshman defensive back Montaric "Buster" Brown of Ashdown still has academic hurdles to cross before he's eligible to practice, Bielema said.
I am very glad Mr Brown has made his grades!  That is GREAT news, but it is always nice to have depth

rmcchris

New DC working behind the scenes and before officially coming on board

redleg

Quote from: rmcchris on December 21, 2017, 01:31:06 pm
New DC working behind the scenes and before officially coming on board
Oh really? Who might that be? And how did you find out?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Richard Davenport

He hasn't announced anything about not being committed to NC.

hogfan14

Quote from: rljjr on December 19, 2017, 03:31:04 pm
He's the real deal as far as I'm concerned. 6'7" DE with a frame for more strength (notice I didn't say put on bulky weight). He wants to be an engineer and GaTech was up there for the longest time before he committed to NC (when it was obvious CBB was in trouble and likely to be fired). He's always been very professional and polite in all settings except on the field. There he's a beast.

I'm holding out hope he signs with the Hogs.

FWIW this was posted on the UNC board

QuoteHe and his momma informed the staff this week that he wants to major in mechanical engineering and ARK has that major and UNC doesnt.

imtad16

Quote from: hogfan14 on December 21, 2017, 04:29:02 pm

Interesting info. Thanks for passing that along.

Kevin

He and his momma informed the staff this week that he wants to major in mechanical engineering and ARK has that major and UNC doesnt.

What does that matter at unc. They give out fake degrees anyway. They can just make one up for him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogtimes

Quote from: Kevin on December 21, 2017, 05:46:42 pm
He and his momma informed the staff this week that he wants to major in mechanical engineering and ARK has that major and UNC doesnt.

If that is true...which I seriously doubt...why did he commit to UNC in the first place.

Hugo Bezdek

What does that matter at unc. They give out fake degrees anyway. They can just make one up for him

A high school senior still trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up? That's unheard of.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Damn..! Someone finally wants a real education and we can't even comprehend it.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogFoo

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 21, 2017, 08:46:18 pm
Damn..! Someone finally wants a real education and we can't even comprehend it.
yeah imagine that.  I've seen the kid on Twitter for some time. Seemed very intelligent and good head on his shoulders. Surprised me when he chose UNC when they had all the academic scandal going on.  Glad to see that he reconsider that decision and chose to be a Hog.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

PORKULATOR

And WILL SIGN WITH Arkansas at 11 am today.
Woopigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.