Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP on Mincey

Started by Sapperhog, December 19, 2017, 11:11:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sapperhog

Any word on his intentions? I had forgotten about him with everything else going on with recruiting but think he could end up being a steal in this class. I know there is a poster here who is close with him out in Georgia and am curious if he's still firm with the Hogs.

Would hate for him to be the next Dominik Sanders and end up at UGA. It's a different scenario obviously (not taking Sanders' commitment is toward the top of CBB's brain dead decisions in his time here) but regardless, would hate to lose Mincey.

Bubba's Bruisers

Yes, Mincey is barely even discussed, but he's a DE with an outstanding offer sheet.  Definitely want to keep him.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JawJa-Hawg

Mincey's Clinch County team won the Class A Public State Championship last Friday.  (Congratulations to poster tannerstahl that is a coach down there).  Class A football here in Georgia can be pretty salty, which Clinch definitely is.  It was one heckuva game, Clinch beating their region rival, Irwin County. 

I really hope he sticks with Arkansas and vice-versa. 
Arkansas Alum living in the Heart of Georgia.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JawJa-Hawg on December 19, 2017, 11:20:37 am
Mincey's Clinch County team won the Class A Public State Championship last Friday.  (Congratulations to poster tannerstahl that is a coach down there).  Class A football here in Georgia can be pretty salty, which Clinch definitely is.  It was one heckuva game, Clinch beating their region rival, Irwin County. 

Thanks for reporting.  Mincey is very quiet on anything.  I know Otis says he and many others will try to get information about his recruiting and he is quiet.  He may be solid or he may not be because other than him and maybe a few others no one really knows.

colbs

I think staff visited him last week.  RD posted a photo of him wearing Hog gear before the state championship game.

ur

December 19, 2017, 12:17:33 pm #5 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:30:06 pm by ur
Would help if we would offer 4 star Chauncey manac and 3 star Charles mclelland. Surely we can beat out cinncinnati for some players. Especially since manac was a hog fan during the Bp years. Mcclelland chose cinn over auburn and Lsu because they promised him offense. Sounds worth it to me.   Would also help to get the 2019 kid that we've offered.

parallaxpig

Any update on if he is signing early?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

hawgdavis

Quote from: JawJa-Hawg on December 19, 2017, 11:20:37 am

Need to hit South Georgia hard , for that matter all of Ga hard. There are studs at just about every school down here from 1A - 7A. They play big boy football in this state.

Sooieet-N-Sower

"poster tannerstahl"

That is the best possible name for a high school football coach in the south! Love it but kinda pity the guy ... it's like he had no say in his career choice

jackflash

Getting him I think  will gives us a outstanding defensive recruiting  for 2018

hawginbigd1

Apparently just got a Florida offer. very close to home.

imtad16

I hope we can keep him, but that might be hard for him to turn down. Maybe we get Fulwider tomorrow and it is a swap. We are just having to roll with the punches with a new staff and new early signing period.

Rzback

Coach at Tifton is from Arkansas
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

cram224

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 20, 2017, 01:07:20 pm
Need to hit South Georgia hard , for that matter all of Ga hard. There are studs at just about every school down here from 1A - 7A. They play big boy football in this state.
CBB would get leads on kids in Ga that fit his system but would never follow up. You can't be a lazy recruiter and get kids from out of the state of Ark.

jackflash

with him waiting until FEB.  I think Arkansas has real shot at getting him