Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grilled Chicken getting boring, what's your recipe?

Started by 10thPlanet, September 04, 2014, 01:45:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

Been rubbing mine in cayenne pepper. Sometimes extra light olive oil. I'll even burn them for flavor.  ???

PorkRinds

I like to do seasoned salt, lemon juice, and a bit of soy sauce.

H&D

That's a ton of sodium Pork. Try different herbs and spices. Mix and match. Switch up grilling and baking. And don't forget tuna, salmon and tilapia. Those help breakup the chicken rut.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

PorkRinds

Quote from: H&D on September 07, 2014, 12:59:52 pm
That's a ton of sodium Pork. Try different herbs and spices. Mix and match. Switch up grilling and baking. And don't forget tuna, salmon and tilapia. Those help breakup the chicken rut.

Good point.  I should have added that I use the low sodium soy sauce and only a small amount of seasoned salt. I let the grill add most of the flavor honestly.

DeltaBoy

Soak defrosted Chicken over night in Italian Salad Dressing.  Remove dust with Salt and Pepper and in to a hot pan or on the grill.

Or dust and them rest over night with Cavanders Greek Seasonings then grill.

Or dust them with Old Bay Seasoning in a zip lock bag and let them rest over night.

Finally we dust them with Fiesta Fajita  or Tony C seasoning and let them rest over night.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Polecat

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 08, 2014, 03:13:17 pm
Soak defrosted Chicken over night in Italian Salad Dressing.  Remove dust with Salt and Pepper and in to a hot pan or on the grill.

Or dust and them rest over night with Cavanders Greek Seasonings then grill.

Or dust them with Old Bay Seasoning in a zip lock bag and let them rest over night.

Finally we dust them with Fiesta Fajita  or Tony C seasoning and let them rest over night.

Good call Delta. I marinate in Italian dressing. Then use a mixture of Greek seasoning and Looziana hot sauce. Good stuff
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Ragnar Hogbrok

Try eating the chicken medium rare to keep from cooking out the flavor.

No, absolutely do not do this.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hogfly

Olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder or garlic powder, and paprika

Put in baking dish. 450 degrees for 20 or 25 minutes, flipping once. Perfect every time and delicious.

http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2011/08/09/how-to-bake-chicken-breast/

HawgAdvocate

Poach them breasts! Put'm in a pot with just enough water to where there's about a centimeter of space between the chicken and the top of the water. I add bay leaves, pepper, tumeric, and salt.

Bring'm to a rolling boil, then immediately cover and turn it down to let them simply simmer for 10 minutes. Then turn the heat off and let them marinate while covered for another 15 minutes.

They'll come out flavored and juicy. I cut'm up and throw them in chard/kale/spinach salads along with carrots, walnuts, squash, and flax seeds and whatever dressing you prefer.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hogfaniam

Wally World rotisserie lemon peppered.  Take it home and debone it.  Feed the skin to the dog.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hogfaniam on October 08, 2014, 06:54:51 pm
Wally World rotisserie lemon peppered.  Take it home and debone it.  Feed the skin to the dog.

We buy them at HEB at least 2 times a month.  15 minutes after getting home it is pert near gone or turned into Chicken Salad.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

10thPlanet

Thanks on the tips. Sorry, It took so long to thank everyone.  I am definitely going to give these a try!

10thPlanet

Quote from: The Chief on October 08, 2014, 11:14:11 am
Try eating the chicken medium rare to keep from cooking out the flavor.

No, absolutely do not do this.
I did this Chief I did lose weight.

Hogfaniam

Slice open and stuff with cream cheese and jalapeños, then wrap with bacon.  Not boring at all.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

alwaysnextyear

For lunch I can pretty much eat the same thing every day. Creole seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, cavenders, cumin and coriander and throw them on the grill.

twistitup

1/4tsp gr cinnamon
1tsp br sugar
1 tsp red pepp flakes
1/4 tsp cloves ground
1/4 tsp cumin
1T allspice
1 tsp bl pepp
2 T canola

Above is for 1# of chicken - multiply for more meat.

Mix dry spice then canola for paste
No oil for dry rub

Really good Jerk style spice mix. Toss with wings after frying or cover chicken and grill or bake...If using whole bird be sure to get spices under skin. This rub will take you back to the islands- perfect combo of heat and sweet.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on December 10, 2014, 04:00:53 pm
1/4tsp gr cinnamon
1tsp br sugar
1 tsp red pepp flakes
1/4 tsp cloves ground
1/4 tsp cumin
1T allspice
1 tsp bl pepp
2 T canola

Above is for 1# of chicken - multiply for more meat.

Mix dry spice then canola for paste
No oil for dry rub

Really good Jerk style spice mix. Toss with wings after frying or cover chicken and grill or bake...If using whole bird be sure to get spices under skin. This rub will take you back to the islands- perfect combo of heat and sweet.

Sounded like Cinnamon rolls there for a second.  ;)

ldfergu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 08, 2014, 04:49:54 pm
Poach them breasts! Put'm in a pot with just enough water to where there's about a centimeter of space between the chicken and the top of the water. I add bay leaves, pepper, tumeric, and salt.

Bring'm to a rolling boil, then immediately cover and turn it down to let them simply simmer for 10 minutes. Then turn the heat off and let them marinate while covered for another 15 minutes.

They'll come out flavored and juicy. I cut'm up and throw them in chard/kale/spinach salads along with carrots, walnuts, squash, and flax seeds and whatever dressing you prefer.

Eat this regularly and live to be 100, maybe 1000