Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

power or energy or balance wrist bands??

Started by husker71, June 27, 2014, 03:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

I had someone (over 70) swear by them but I think it may just be wishful thinking on his part.  Do any of you guys wear any of these and if so what do you suggest .  I am most interested in balance.

husker71

I noticed all the NBA players are wearing something like these.

panhandlepig

I think all that stuff is bunk. I work in a field where I have seen folks bring in the latest and greatest easy fix....magnets, copper for arthritis etc. I may be wrong and often am very wrong. ..this kind of thing makes me sad that people buy this crap. If it makes them feel better then I guess it is worth the money.

clutch

Just another worthless gimmick. I put them right up there with those god forsaken body wraps that all the women are buying thinking they will lose fat.

tophawg19

a lot of the time it's a matter of the mind . if you think your better , you feel better so it can help
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

spe450

The price drops on those things from around $90 each to $.99 within a couple of years.  They are for schmucks.

If they were true, they would be D&D nerds dreams come true.  +2 power +3 balance -4 gold

Tai_Mai_Shu

I remember watching "Shark Tank" and one of the investors pitched this idea but Mark Cuban calls it a scam. He told the guy he is nothing but a crook. It was hilarious.

husker71

Cuban went off the other day with a guy selling lights for bike tires or something like that  Even though the guy made a deal with Robert for big bucks Cuban insisted the guy was just there to promote his company.  I would guess if you had a meeting with Cuban you better get to the point in a real hurry.

Kenny Hawgins

Big freaking rip off.  We were in Branson last week and there's some store called Tuning Element selling high priced bands like this.  It's nothing more than modern day snake oil; they claim it cures everything from diabetes to insomnia and there's not a single big of research to back it up.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

spe450

I'm assuming it's the same with Tommie Copper.

Kenny Hawgins

No clue.  I know they use a lot of pseudo science jibberish to scam older folks with health problems and money to waste.  I caught one thing about the bracelets correcting your pH and that health problems are caused by too much acidity (I'm assuming they meant in the blood since the stomach, skin, etc. are supposed to be acidic).  I guess they haven't heard of homeostasis. 

**I looked up what you're talking about; looks like a pretty good scam too.  I used to wear heavy duty compression sleeves on my elbows/knees (in lieu of wraps) when I lifted heavy.  Seemed pretty obvious that they just hold in heat.  So many gullible folks out there, desperate for a quick fix.

clutch

Tommy Copper works if all you need is compression. All that other stuff is bull.

husker71

I saw that Tuning Element at the Landing the other day  and I saw their prices  right now I am getting slammed in my area by people selling Limu products and listening to some of their claims     I told one guy my symptoms and he right away wanted to sell me 4 bottles @$30 per   I did drink an energy drink they sell and it seemed ok   but @$4 per 

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: husker71 on July 13, 2014, 01:11:53 pm
I saw that Tuning Element at the Landing the other day  and I saw their prices  right now I am getting slammed in my area by people selling Limu products and listening to some of their claims     I told one guy my symptoms and he right away wanted to sell me 4 bottles @$30 per   I did drink an energy drink they sell and it seemed ok   but @$4 per 
I don't know anything about Limu but I probably wouldn't spend the money if it were me.  New supplement companies pop up every day to rip you off.  I've known folks that sell advocare and plexus; I'll look at their ingredient list and then show them where they can buy the same raw ingredients for a fraction of the cost.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

spe450

I've also seen a lot of people posting about sales for the "It Works" group on facebook.  The science (if you can call it that) behind it is absurd.  So many people are willing to believe these types of products because they offer an easy out.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: spe450 on July 15, 2014, 10:48:08 am
I've also seen a lot of people posting about sales for the "It Works" group on facebook.  The science (if you can call it that) behind it is absurd.  So many people are willing to believe these types of products because they offer an easy out.
Got a link?  Haven't heard of this one yet.

spe450

http://www.myitworks.com/

Here is the primary site.  I see most of it through facebook where they post charts describing the "science".

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: spe450 on July 15, 2014, 06:10:16 pm
http://www.myitworks.com/

Here is the primary site.  I see most of it through facebook where they post charts describing the "science".
Yep, looks like a rip off.  I like how 30 servings of omega fatty acids is $25 but you can 180 servings (with 50% more fatty acids per serving) for $13 here:

http://truenutrition.com/p-1053-super-omega-3-6-9-1200mg-softgels-180-softgels-fish.aspx?

husker71

I got some bad news from the doctor last week   close to diabetes and unbelievable high blood pressure.  A "friend" heard about it and came over to talk about and then gave me the pitch about buying some Limu.  I was nice but told him doc had put me on lisinopril and metformin and would try those 1st.  Better news came later   was told I need to get testosterone shots   that is ok with me