Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is why Saban is so good (Saban on NFL kneeling)

Started by hawgon, September 28, 2017, 08:22:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

The dude is smart.  Can you see any other coach in the SEC, particularly our own, putting together a statement that is so inarguable and succinct, yet so clearly straddles the line as to piss off no one?  No one can honestly argue with what he said and you still don't know which side he is taking.

quote:

"I'm just a football coach," Saban said. "I don't keep up with all that stuff as much as maybe everybody else does, especially during the season, especially when we're playing games.

"To me, some of the things that we do in our country when I grew up, they were unifying events, and it's a little painful to see that those things are not so right now," Saban continued. "I also respect everyone's rights not to be censored in terms of the way they express their beliefs. I'm just a coach. I don't have the answers to all the questions.

"I know that most good things come out of love and respect and compassion and unifying people. Most bad things come out of hate and dislike and deceit. Hopefully we can focus on the above and not the below."

"People respect and trust the principles and values of the organization, but they also respect and trust each other, and I think that because everybody has bought into the same thing, you have the same goal," Saban said. "You have the same spirit in terms of what you're trying to accomplish and what you're trying to do. I think it's a very unifying factor when everybody respects — and because you respect the people, you respect the individual differences as well."

Hogwild

QuoteCan you see any other coach in the SEC, particularly our own, putting together a statement that is so inarguable and succinct, yet so clearly straddles the line as to piss off no one?

You do know that Saban has a media consultant write his statements for him? 

I'm not talking about SID, Saban has had his own "soundbite coordinator" since he was the head coach at LSU.  Not sure how many other coaches do it, but he was one of the first.

hawgon

Quote from: Hogwild on September 28, 2017, 08:38:53 am

You do know that Saban has a media consultant write his statements for him? 

I'm not talking about SID, Saban has had his own "soundbite coordinator" since he was the head coach at LSU.  Not sure how many other coaches do it, but he was one of the first.

Well, even better.  That shows the level of his planning and attention to detail.  Saban knows THERE ARE NO ACCIDENTS.

Razorbackers

"I'm so tired of talking about politics in sports except when I want to make a post about politics in sports that fits my world view"

- all of hogville

Can we PLEASE get this crap off the front page? We're trying to collectively melt down about our coach over here.

hawgon

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 28, 2017, 08:43:52 am
"I'm so tired of talking about politics in sports except when I want to make a post about politics in sports that fits my world view"

- all of hogville

Can we PLEASE get this crap off the front page? We're trying to collectively melt down about our coach over here.

It isn't about politics at all.  It is about Saban.

Razorbackers

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 28, 2017, 09:03:20 am
Saban is a wise man.

I agree,  he is smart because that statement said absolutely nothing at all.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

311Hog

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 28, 2017, 10:41:45 am
I agree,  he is smart because that statement said absolutely nothing at all.

except the obvious he is just a football coach

factchecker

Saban is a wise man.

Yes he is.....but you might not like his stance on the confederate flag.

Saban against Confederate flag, calls symbol 'mean spirited' -----

"My opinion is anytime that we have a symbol that represents something that is mean spirited or doesn't represent equal rights for all people, I'm not for having that symbol represent anything that we're involved in," Saban said. "It's not my decision as to what the governor does or my decision what our university does. It's just my opinion about the way I feel about symbols that are not positive toward human rights and everybody having equal opportunity."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/rankinfile/2015/07/15/saban-calls-confederate-flag-symbol-mean-spirited/30181545/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Calling All Hogs

Saban is a wise man.
Agreed. He needs to immediately step down from coaching and focus on sharing his wisdom with the world.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS