Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crystal lake and Swepco

Started by jdelo77, June 30, 2014, 07:24:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

Crystal lake is about 10 miles from the house and I've struck out everytime I've been there ! Where do the crappie hang out in the summer ? Brush piles ? Deep ? I have no clue !

Swepco - I know nothing about this lake other than there are big bass in there ! Are there any crappie ? Where do they hang out in the summer ?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jdelo77 on June 30, 2014, 07:24:51 pm

Crystal lake is about 10 miles from the house and I've struck out everytime I've been there ! Where do the crappie hang out in the summer ? Brush piles ? Deep ? I have no clue !

Swepco - I know nothing about this lake other than there are big bass in there ! Are there any crappie ? Where do they hang out in the summer ?

Never fished either of those lakes.  You can bet the crappie will be deep most of the time during the hot summer.  Deeper brush piles & creek beds around structure would be the best place to start.  I catch almost all of my crappie at night this time of the year...under a light.  If either lake has docks around deep water, that is also a good place to try....night or day.  Docks offer shade,  cooler water & often have brush sunk around them.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

micali

Swepco is a heated lake.  They would be deep if there are any in it.