Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greater New Orleans Hog Fan

Started by bigeasyhog, March 15, 2008, 03:23:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigeasyhog

I actually live In Mandeville, LA and work in the CBD. When I first moved here in 2000, I tried to organize the NO Alumni Chapter. If there any folks out there that would like to rekindle some events, let me know.

crescentcityhog

I can't believe that any Hog Fans living down here amongst all these LSU fans for ANY extended period of time, wouldn't want to get together on occasion and VENT a little? I must be wrong, oh well...

hawgwild82

I bet it is terrible being a fan right now with all those LSU fans

crescentcityhog

Quote from: hawgwild82 on April 07, 2008, 10:44:45 pm
I bet it is terrible being a fan right now with all those LSU fans

not when you beat them ,the last time you played them...at THEIR HOUSE!!!  I really enjoy pointing out that our former Head Cheerleader also went 4-6 against them as well. I think they're a little nervous over us getting a some "new blood" as head coach. I mean, what other SEC teams wouldn't want the Hogs to keep Nutt?!  Heck, I wish Bama would have kept Shula; our chances of consistently winning against them were better with him at Bama.

Chicago Hog

I spent 4 wonderful years living in Destrehan and working in New Orleans. No place like the culture and people of the Big Easy. I get back about 4 times a year and just married my daughter off to a cajun who is like a son. Nothing like going to Ponchatoula family crawfish boil with a "HOGS' ball cap on.

BigDroop

I'm living in the BR, right in the middle of them but it definitely does make it easier when we beat em right here last year. I still get a lot of ugly looks at my HOGS lic plate on front and the silver hog on my trunk, or the Arkansas Big Red Booster Sticker. Oh well, at least I stick out!! PIG SOUIEEEE!!!

JDS

I just moved out to Denham Springs from Baton Rouge.  I have an 80 pound concrete Razorback that sits on the front porch.  My neighbors know who I am because of it.
Banned from Woopig by my brother, Elvis.

No, really.  He is my brother.  I am banned.  Do I need to explain it further?

crescentcityhog

Quote from: JDS on August 20, 2008, 01:38:38 pm
I just moved out to Denham Springs from Baton Rouge.  I have an 80 pound concrete Razorback that sits on the front porch.  My neighbors know who I am because of it.

good for you; I have thought about putting something out front,but haven't. Although, I have a a nice pool cabana area with a bar outside, and on top of the fridge is the "original uncle heavy's" hog hat. I ALWAYS get remarks whenever we have people over.

I actually think these LSU fans down here are threatened by the Hogs, more than they will admit. I also believe Petrino is the best hire since Holtz, and will do well in this series with them.