Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"We Just Won the Toughest Conference in College Football" PedSU Coach

Started by LSUFan, December 03, 2016, 11:04:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUFan

What is he smoking?

I hope Alabama runs the score up to 100 on this idiot.

B1G?

Your conference can't even count!!

Idiot.

There's 8 SEC teams that would stomp their asses on any given Saturday.

I Pray they get in, and Alabama gets them first, or second.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

ChicoHog

What are you smoking?  This year the Big 10 was the best conference, especially at the top end, which is how most people judge the conferences.  SEC was Bama and that's it.  Big 10 had 4 very good teams.

Torqued pork

Piss on Bama. Being a dynasty, they are no longer looked at as proof of SEC superiority. The conference has become little more than the conquered path Bama takes on the way to their next NC. Any team who derails that train will be doing college football a favor.

holeinthewall

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 03, 2016, 11:14:22 pm
What are you smoking?  This year the Big 10 was the best conference, especially at the top end, which is how most people judge the conferences.  SEC was Bama and that's it.  Big 10 had 4 very good teams.

They also had 9 awful teams. Michigan lost to Iowa who lost to FCS North Dakota St.  Antoher team lost to FCS Illinois st.  Western Michigan beat 2 big ten teams. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: holeinthewall on December 04, 2016, 07:15:46 am
They also had 9 awful teams. Michigan lost to Iowa who lost to FCS North Dakota St.  Antoher team lost to FCS Illinois st.  Western Michigan beat 2 big ten teams.

You can do that same exercise with the SEC, and probably every other conference too.  I hate the Big 10, but I've got to admit this year they were the best conference, especially the top tier.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HiggiePiggy

Big 10 has 4 teams that are 3-9 or worse,  3 teams that are 6-6, 2 teams with 8 wins, 1 team with 9 win, 2 teams with 10, and 2 with 11.

So 7 teams with 6 wins or less and 7 teams with 8 wins or more.

SEC has 3 teams with 5-7 or worse, 2 teams with 6-6, 4 teams with 7 wins, 4 teams with 8, and 1 team with 13.

So 5 teams with 6 wins or less and 9 with 7 or more. 

So yes big 10 was top heavy. Sec was not very good either with only 1 team having double digit wins.  It really is Alabama then everyone else.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jjdlc

I've said it before, wait till after bowl season is over to talk about how good or bad the SEC is this year.  If the SEC loses most of it's bowl games this year, then yeah, it's a down year.  We've seen this kind of talk in years past, only to watch the SEC win most of it's bowl games, even dominating teams that the talking heads swore were going to wipe the field with their SEC opponents.  We'll see.

ChicoHog

Quote from: jjdlc on December 04, 2016, 11:55:36 am
I've said it before, wait till after bowl season is over to talk about how good or bad the SEC is this year.  If the SEC loses most of it's bowl games this year, then yeah, it's a down year.  We've seen this kind of talk in years past, only to watch the SEC win most of it's bowl games, even dominating teams that the talking heads swore were going to wipe the field with their SEC opponents.  We'll see.
Depends on match-ups.  Hard to say but we will see what happens.  I get so tired of all the "conference" talk.  I judge teams, not conferences.  Rutgers sucks regardless of which conference they are in and Bama is good regardless of which conference they are in.   

DeltaBoy

We just need to dominate the Bowl season and watch BAMA punk everyone else.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

hoglady

The problem with the SEC is bad offenses and it's not just because the defenses are good.
Top to bottom the SEC has really average to poor QB play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

IronHog

Quote from: hoglady on December 10, 2016, 06:59:08 am
The problem with the SEC is bad offenses and it's not just because the defenses are good.
Top to bottom the SEC has really average to poor QB play.

Truth

But even at that LSU played Wisconsin basically to a draw on the road with horrible QB play.....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.