Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Woodz Elite

Started by yraciv, November 22, 2017, 06:13:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

It long ago moved past what he did as a Hog and more toward the self serving attitude and habits he is today.

mhuff

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 16, 2017, 07:57:27 am
We see the bigger picure. If they're playing summer basketball they are not in the streets of LR or NLR being unproductive. I could careless about a name because kids need opportunities. I hope Arkansas can get over yourselves about Monk. Monk is in the NBA and the Razorbacks program is thriving. The focus is abd should be about the kids. All I remember is Marcus giving his all on the football field and basketball court. Good student that didn't embarrass his family or school.

Certainly believe in kids getting opportunities , but who's benefiting from them is another story. If you're here to scalp players for other schools, I want to see you prosecuted. That is happening now with light coming to the dark side of AAU.Actions speak louder than words. The jury is out. I am referring players to the hawks only. Of course it is not my decision who they play for.

mhuff

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 16, 2017, 10:11:06 am
If Mike is good with the family, Im good. Move on!

Has MA said he's good with the guy.

azhog10

Quote from: mhuff on December 16, 2017, 12:35:27 pm
Has MA said he's good with the guy.
Oh trust me, he isn't gonna break bread with them.

clutch

Quote from: JayHog on December 16, 2017, 08:57:20 am
Well, he's embarrassing his school now.
Maybe he was a good guy back in the day. But people change.
And, no, you can be underhanded, and you can't be shady and be misleading, then expect all to just be forgiven. Hell no. Get outta here with that

I've known Marcus since he was in elementary school. He hasn't changed. He's still a great guy. As bad as people want to blame him for Malik choosing Kentucky, it wasn't his idea. He took the heat so that some of the pressure would be off Malik, but I know for a fact that he wanted Malik to be a Hog. Marcus loved being a Hog and gave his all to the university. He gave up an NFL future by returning for his senior season, when  he was projected to be a 2nd round draft pick, and getting injured.

He still loves the Hogs, however, he loves his brother more. I can't blame him for that. He would still go out of his way to help a complete stranger. He still does everything he can to give back to the communities in NEA. He will do good things with the Woodz Elite. He will help a lot of kids that are in need of the help.

The Hogfather

Quote from: clutch on December 17, 2017, 08:14:02 pm
I've known Marcus since he was in elementary school. He hasn't changed. He's still a great guy. As bad as people want to blame him for Malik choosing Kentucky, it wasn't his idea. He took the heat so that some of the pressure would be off Malik, but I know for a fact that he wanted Malik to be a Hog. Marcus loved being a Hog and gave his all to the university. He gave up an NFL future by returning for his senior season, when  he was projected to be a 2nd round draft pick, and getting injured.

He still loves the Hogs, however, he loves his brother more. I can't blame him for that. He would still go out of his way to help a complete stranger. He still does everything he can to give back to the communities in NEA. He will do good things with the Woodz Elite. He will help a lot of kids that are in need of the help.

And send them all to Kentucky.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

whatever, nick
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ShadowHawg

We see the bigger picure. If they're playing summer basketball they are not in the streets of LR or NLR being unproductive. I could careless about a name because kids need opportunities. I hope Arkansas can get over yourselves about Monk. Monk is in the NBA and the Razorbacks program is thriving. The focus is abd should be about the kids. All I remember is Marcus giving his all on the football field and basketball court. Good student that didn't embarrass his family or school.

Biggest bunch of bs I have ever read. Monk will be trying to fill his rosters with kids from all over the region. That means the kids from LR will still be walking the streets as you put it.

azhog10

Then either you know, or don't know about the price tag Marcus and his family put on Malik. No doubt they gave us the "family discount" but Mike wasn't in the market. So whether or not he was a nice guy, he is dirty as hell.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 17, 2017, 10:57:16 pm
Biggest bunch of bs I have ever read. Monk will be trying to fill his rosters with kids from all over the region. That means the kids from LR will still be walking the streets as you put it.

I don't care where the kids are from. If it keeps the kid involved in something positive, I'm all for it. You must have a miserable life to hate on somebody's else success.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 18, 2017, 07:48:31 am
I don't care where the kids are from. If it keeps the kid involved in something positive, I'm all for it. You must have a miserable life to hate on somebody's else success.

I just pointed out the bs in your statement Nick.

You have now moved the bar from LR kids to any kid and saying I hate the success of others. Pfft

Peter Porker

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on November 23, 2017, 12:14:09 am
Not directly anymore. I really like the coaches and the leadership of the Wings, but like I said earlier ITT my thoughts right now are that I don't think this merger is a good thing.

Not at all.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

FATHAWG08

What I see trending is Malik time in the NBA might be short lived. His deficiency on defense a long with being a tweener  at guard has caused him to be removed from the rotation.

So it could play out in Arkansas's favor. One of Malik's reasons for choosing Kentucky  was to get prepared for the NBA which doesn't look like it's working out for him.

Marcus sold his allegiance to Kentucky for personal gain. Making contact with the elite recruits at Kentucky so he could possibly represent.

Coach Cal played Marcus like a used car salesman and threw him to the curb after Malik left.

The reason Marcus is not in Kentucky is because the Monk's bring no value to Coach Cal. The Monk name means nothing there.

He traded a lifetime of loyalty from Arkansas for one year of living with the blue blood cut throats.

Screw the Monk Brand.
I love off season Football!!

songofthesword

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on November 23, 2017, 09:12:39 am
Two different programs, both have enjoyed great success and had players go on to be Razorbacks and beyond over the years. Wings are on the Nike circuit (Corliss Williamson, Bobby Portis, Daniel Gafford are just a few of the Wings-to-Hogs), Hawks are on the Adidas circuit (Joe Johnson, Ronnie Brewer, Daryl Macon are just a few of the Hawks-to-Hogs).

Half of the Hogs' recent 6-player haul on national signing day for the c/o 2018 were Arkansas Hawks -- Ethan Henderson, Isaiah Joe, and Desi Sills. The Hawks also have the Hogs' lone c/o 2019 commitment in Justice Hill, plus 3 more of the state's top 5 c/o '19 ballers in Tim Ceaser, Isaac McBride, and Allen Flanigan (although Ceeaser and McBride joined the Hawks in July, so we'll see if they return) ... Wings have c/o '19 ballers Collin Moore and Michael Shanks. Most of the top players in the 2020 class are with the Wings -- Chris Moore, Gerald Doakes, Davonte Davis -- and most of the top players in the 2021 class are with the Hawks -- Jaylin Williams, Jalen Ricks, Ryan Maxwell, and Jordan Maxwell.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Moses Moody (top player in c/o '20 who I believe may end up with the Wings) and Madison Peaster (arguably the top player in c/o '21 who last spring/summer was involved with, in order, the Hawks, the Wings, Joe Johnson Elite, and finally Team Superstar South w/Moody).

Joe Johnson played for the rockets, not the hawks.

songofthesword

i can't disagree with this

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: songofthesword on December 23, 2017, 10:03:58 pm
Joe Johnson played for the rockets, not the hawks.

Umm, Joe Johnson played for the Rockets but finished up with the Arkansas Hawks, winning a national title with them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE-50W-XUAI6kL8.jpg

mhuff

December 24, 2017, 08:21:56 pm #67 Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 09:55:58 pm by mhuff
Quote from: Kevin McPherson on December 24, 2017, 08:06:03 pm
Umm, Joe Johnson played for the Rockets but finished up with the Arkansas Hawks, winning a national title with them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE-50W-XUAI6kL8.jpg

I was coaching AAU back then. I would have sworn he played for the Wings and they won a 14 and under national tournament. Oh well slipping.

The_Bionic_Pig

https://razorbackers.com/2015/11/19/razorbacks-lose-malik-monk-kentucky-thanks-marcus/
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

john

I remember reading or hearing of some remarks Marcus supposedly made, sometime, maybe 6 months or a year, before Malik committed to KY, that made me think the odds weren't in Arkansas' favor of getting Malik to come to Arkansas.
I can't quote directly, but they were along the lines of "the Monks don't owe Arkansas anything", & he was right. Any kid should b able to choose to go wherever he or she chooses to go to school & play ball.  But the way I took his remarks, it sounded to me as if he was upset, maybe bitter or jaded, with how HIS career ended here at Arkansas, with the football injury & the way he was removed from the basketball team midseason.

AlmaHog2011

You are FOS!! He is not a Razorback in any way..He's a traitor no problem with him running an AAU team for Kentucky since he led his brother to go there. You shouldn't be on here posting can't you find something to do? You are not Razorback Fan? He embarrassed his State.

N HOG

I remember the throat slash.

mhuff

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 01, 2018, 06:30:29 pm
You are FOS!! He is not a Razorback in any way..He's a traitor no problem with him running an AAU team for Kentucky since he led his brother to go there. You shouldn't be on here posting can't you find something to do? You are not Razorback Fan? He embarrassed his State.

Benedict Arnold did great things before he betrayed his country.

HogFoo

Hopefully all the kids will only play for Joe's team and not this bunch of filth! 

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............