Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colleges are spending more on their student athletes

Started by ricepig, July 06, 2017, 01:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

Say what you want about JL, and even about the fortuitousness of the TV "bubble," but to date he has done a phenomenal job managing our finances.

younghog

Great read on our financial stability.. and great advertising..

BIG UPS TO JL.

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

247Hog

68   Arkansas State   Sun Belt   $43,102,044   $43,102,044   $13,098,538   30.39

ASU has $13 mil allocated?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hogwild

QuoteFlorida State   ACC   $113,754,314   $115,631,800   $7,364,645

Even with the school allocating over $7 million from general funds, Florida State still was in the red.

Svrdhd

Arkansas has lowest expenses in top 20. That's the number driving our enviable margin.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

TebowHater

Quote from: Svrdhd on July 06, 2017, 04:06:49 pm
Arkansas has lowest expenses in top 20. That's the number driving our enviable margin.

Yet we have top notch facilities (and are even improving them), and good/well-compensated coaches across the board...impressive.

Razorback Foundation also outperforms many other schools quite significantly, which helps a lot in offsetting costs.

NuttinItUp

Wow, Texas A&M at #1? I wouldn't have guessed that.

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 06, 2017, 09:59:12 pm
Wow, Texas A&M at #1? I wouldn't have guessed that.
lots of money at TAMU, especially with their move to the SEC and Texas's fall from their pedestal.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 06, 2017, 10:01:39 pm
lots of money at TAMU, especially with their move to the SEC and Texas's fall from their pedestal.

True. I guess it is not a full list either, because private schools like Notre Dame, USC, and Vanderbilt are not on there. (not that they would be #1, but they would be somewhere in there)

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 06, 2017, 10:07:40 pm
True. I guess it is not a full list either, because private schools like Notre Dame, USC, and Vanderbilt are not on there. (not that they would be #1, but they would be somewhere in there)
private schools dont have to release their financial information.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 06, 2017, 10:14:38 pm
private schools dont have to release their financial information.

Umm....Yes...

That is the reason they are not on the list....

(Sorry, maybe I am missing something.)

PorkSoda

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 06, 2017, 10:20:42 pm
Umm....Yes...

That is the reason they are not on the list....

(Sorry, maybe I am missing something.)
no you aren't, just had a captain obvious moment.