Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M fans consider LSU to be their SEC rival

Started by popcornhog, September 05, 2011, 01:42:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkchopsdontfloat

To me, this week New Mexico is our rival, next week it will be Troy, the week after that is Alabama. I don't give a rat's ass who we play, I want to WIN. As long a we win, rivals don't matter.
The world will little note, nor long remember, the debates that distract us from what really matters, but it will remember that we wasted our lives calling strangers on the Internet retarded for liking the wrong things.

Breems

We can't be considered their rival if we keep beating down on them year in and year out.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

ChiTown27

Quote from: 4windshawg on September 05, 2011, 02:28:23 pm
I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out.. It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly. Either way we're on top..!

hahahahaha. I'm using that on my profile. Nice!
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

leftymgp

Quote from: LongHog on September 05, 2011, 07:11:18 pm

I completely disagree. For example, look at some of the Ole Miss threads. Their fans clearly have low expectations.

Well, there's always fans in both camps.  I know several aggies that are being very cautious about their optimism for this season.  I'm sure we can dig up some ole miss fans that have drank too much kool aid.

WorfHog

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on September 05, 2011, 07:00:35 pm
The truth is we have no real rival in the SEC. The closest thing we've had to a rivalry is Ole Miss. And that's already fading with nuttys failure there.

I think what you're trying to say is we are unrivaled in the SEC. 

CavAg07

September 06, 2011, 12:06:51 am #55 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:05:01 am by CavAg07
Ag here, just wanted to chime in about the comparison to Texas Tech.

that's a ridiculous statement, and said poster will be beaten unmercifully.

2nd, LSU is one of our OLDEST rivals (1899), behind TCU and Texas. it was a pretty fierce rivalry that started off our season in the SWC and they were SEC. I would put it on par with Arkansas. I would say Arkansas is one of our biggest rivalries since you guys are our old SWC opponent and there was a time when that A&M/Arkansas game was a deciding factor in NC aspirations .but this rivalry stuff is bullsheet cause we are 0'fer against SEC teams since I don't know when.

redeye

Quote from: uglynephew on September 05, 2011, 10:24:43 pm
how does a&m moving to the sec affect texas recruiting?  I think the longhorns and even the sooners will lose a lot of recruits due to the fact that guys are gonna want to play in the sec...this may even help the hogs and tigers

I think you're right. After our move to the SEC, we had more problems recruiting in Texas. Also, many former Big-8 schools saw their efforts improve with the formation of the Big-12.

CavAg07

September 06, 2011, 12:49:06 am #57 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:52:43 am by CavAg07
red-eye, you hit the nail on the head regarding formation of the Big12 and ya'll leaving for the SEC.

It's not a matter of IF it will help Arkansas, it WILL help Arkansas.

trust me, OU and Texas going west will help y'all in the long run. Texas recruits don't give a sheet about PACXX..that's way to far away from their homes. no PACXX team has ever done well in Texas recruiting and it will hurt Texas/OU/OSU (the most) and tech ( but they can't recruit for sheet anyway)

redeye

Quote from: CavAg07 on September 06, 2011, 12:49:06 am

trust me, OU and Texas going west will help y'all in the long run.

I completely agree. It'll help A&M too, since they'll have more access to talent-rich SEC territories.

Catfish Joe

Quote from: CavAg07 on September 06, 2011, 12:49:06 am
red-eye, you hit the nail on the head regarding formation of the Big12 and ya'll leaving for the SEC.

trust me, OU and Texas going west will help y'all in the long run. Texas recruits don't give a sheet about PACXX..that's way to far away from their homes. no PACXX team has ever done well in Texas recruiting and it will hurt Texas/OU/OSU (the most) and tech ( but they can't recruit for sheet anyway)

Oregon has been coming out pretty nicely in Texas.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

CavAg07

your right but they can thank Will Lyles for Lamichael James and Lache Seastrunk..I think those are the only 2 players. He's not in the picture anymore.

redeye

September 06, 2011, 01:20:34 am #61 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:22:10 am by redeye
Another way I hope A&M helps us, if they join the SEC, is with promoting our SWC history. Since we joined the conference, the SEC media has mostly ignored our history from when we were in the SWC. I can mostly understand that, but I hate reading all about the history of SEC teams and seeing ours begin when we joined in '92, as if we'd never done anything worthwhile before that time.

The same will probably happen with A&M. They might as well prepare to have their past erased, as far as SEC media outlets are concerned. The only difference I see is that A&M is in a state that has much larger, and more powerful, media outlets and they may help both of us receive more recognition, in SEC circles, with our pre-SEC histories.

CavAg07

September 06, 2011, 01:37:03 am #62 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:56:17 am by CavAg07
Arkansas was pretty boss in the Big time SWC, no doubt. those were the best times for both programs (football wise)  and some of these younger pups don't beleive that the SWC was one of the premiere football conferences.

there was chatter on one of our message boards about finding the Arkansas flag that was flown on Arkansas's last game at Kyle Field before you left in  '91. there was a ceremony where the students from both schools met on the 50 yard line and Arkansas handed the flag to us to keep for our next meeting.  It hurt most of us Ags to see Arkansas go but we knew it was the right choice for your program. It would be pretty cool to fly that flag again someday if we can figure out who has it.

goodnight all, I'll be back when A&M becomes the newest member(hopefully) of the best conference in the land.

Gig'em and Wooo Pig Sooie

kclvr

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 05, 2011, 02:24:41 pm
a lot of it has to do with which team you hate more. we have always had a good relationship with the ag's no bad blood. everyone who plays Lsu hates them.

I agree. The one thing great for us is the fact that LSU gets everyones best shot and we get them last and they are usually beat up. If we played LSU the first game of the season I don't think we would ever beat them. To many athletes on the field. Their bowl record also proves this with a month to recover.